GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

very depress -- my gs4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-03, 11:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default very depress -- my gs4 :(

well, it happened last sat, 9/6.... my gs4 was hit. it's very depressing, and i am hella **** coz' the norcal meet is coming up in less than 2 weeks and i won't be able to fix it

my wife was driving the gs4 (i was driving the is3) in the costco parking lot, very crowded. she was on the right side of the asle waiting for a space on the left and was signaling. 3 other people in her car. suddenly this lady (i am being very nice here to call her a lady) just back up without looking! she hit the rear driver side door and and it's pushed in now argh!!!!!!!

i went to see the car and i was so pissed. but i asked the lady for insurance, blah blah blah... and that lady started blaming my wife saying she jumped out of no where, blah blah blah... i was like say all you want, it's either your insurance or i call the cops. she dared to tell me to call cops, sure, you asked for it...

before the cops came, she dared to insult my wife (i won't go to details). trust me i shouted so loud the whole parking lot probably heard me, and it took so much of me not to beat her.... anyway, cops came, forced her to give us the insurance info, etc....

and here's the best part. coz she was so ignorant, we got two witnesses who were willing to give us the info so they can be contacted. i was so grateful. and i got 3 witnesses in the car saying the car wasn't moving too. she was by herself, good luck!

and even better, i had a 35mm camera! so i took pics, and she got so mad saying i couldn't take pics, blah blah blah. i took the chance and said "this is a public place, i can take any pictures i want" she was so pissed she drove off. after a circle (we were watching our car from a distance to make sure she didn't do anything else), she came back and yelled "where is your car, i need to take pictures too!" i couldn't help but started smiling and just look at her without saying anything. so you are stupid enough NOT able to find my car, a car that's so special color and equipped? shame on you! she had to leave soon after coz' she was blocking the whole driveway and people were horning and yelling at her

anyway, my poor baby now i need to go through all the hassle so if you go to the norcal meet and see my car, you know what happened
Old 09-10-03, 11:47 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn Henry that is awful man.I feel your pain though.Nothing that cant be fixed.At least the kit is ok yeah?
Old 09-10-03, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the kit is ok, thank god, otherwise i would have killed her... it's plain hard to get it replaced. but still, after you spent so much time and effort on your baby, and you just detailed it for 7 hrs the week before, it's heart breaking

i can tell you guys, i didn't cry in front of that lady or my wife (coz' she was crying about the car too and i had to be strong), but when i got back myself, i did cry
Old 09-10-03, 11:53 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, that really sux. At least your wife or any of the passengers weren't injured...that's what matters. I gotta give it to you for being able to hold back on the moron...oops...I mean "lady." If I were in your shoes at the time...I definitely would've gone ballistic....very low tolerance for the ignorant. Hopefully the damage can be repaired to how your GS was before this unfortunate incident.
Old 09-10-03, 11:54 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by rominl
the kit is ok, thank god, otherwise i would have killed her... it's plain hard to get it replaced. but still, after you spent so much time and effort on your baby, and you just detailed it for 7 hrs the week before, it's heart breaking

i can tell you guys, i didn't cry in front of that lady or my wife (coz' she was crying about the car too and i had to be strong), but when i got back myself, i did cry
I cant say i blame you.I almost shed a tear looking at my car after it got backed into.It very hard to keep a nice car when you drive it everyday and are exposed to the multitude of morons on the road.
Old 09-11-03, 12:05 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I hope everything is solved for you Henry!! What was the lady driving? Good luck bro!
Old 09-11-03, 12:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks for the kind words guys, it's definitely encouraging. brian you are right, i was kinda amazed i was able to pull myself together and not do something stupid. at least i was able to **** the hell out of her, that's a big win for me

and yes, it's lucky that no one got hurt (honestly i can care less if she broke her neck coz' of the hit), car will be fixed that's for sure. on the bright side, fresh paint, not a bad idea.

oh and she was driving 02 camry. her car was nothing, no damage at all, coz' i guess she turned a bit and her corner hit my car. strong vs weak
Old 09-11-03, 12:42 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Henry -

So sorry to hear what happened.

Kudos to you for keeping from blowing up. If that was me, and this lady tried to blame my wife for the accident, I would be calling her every name that one can imagine. LOL!!

Well, Im gonna be coming up to Bay area, and SoCal in November....2 questions for ya....What's her name? and Where does she live? LOL!! (nah...just jokin)

I would call her insurance company ASAP (before she gets a chance to brainwash her agent and distort the story)....of course with police report and eye witness info in hand.

Btw...rule of thumb....always call the police. My parents didnt call the police one time and took the insurance info of the lady that rear ended them....come to find out, the insurance card and info was bad.

Pete
Old 09-11-03, 12:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PHML
Henry -

So sorry to hear what happened.

Kudos to you for keeping from blowing up. If that was me, and this lady tried to blame my wife for the accident, I would be calling her every name that one can imagine. LOL!!

Well, Im gonna be coming up to Bay area, and SoCal in November....2 questions for ya....What's her name? and Where does she live? LOL!! (nah...just jokin)

I would call her insurance company ASAP (before she gets a chance to brainwash her agent and distort the story)....of course with police report and eye witness info in hand.

Btw...rule of thumb....always call the police. My parents didnt call the police one time and took the insurance info of the lady that rear ended them....come to find out, the insurance card and info was bad.

Pete
good advice. yeah, police came it was such a big plus. i couldn't believe she was trying to blame us, it's probably one of teh biggest joke i have ever heard. and hey, when you are here let me know, let's see if w can get together for food or something
Old 09-11-03, 01:35 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people! Just careless. Take responsibility damnit!

If I hit someone's car I would feel horrible b/c I know how I love my baby.
Old 09-11-03, 02:58 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

yet again, henry proves to be one of the most mannered/mature member in CL. I got so mad just by reading how ignorant the beach lady is, let along if I experince it myself. Tough luck Henry, but with so many witnesses and your intelligent manner, the justice will be served.

btw, you can still go to the meet with my ride just let me know.
Old 09-11-03, 03:40 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

RominL,

Very sorry to hear the news, it only adds insult to injury that the woman was saying certain things about your wife (just by your tone I can imagine what those things were!). Always remember, he who laughs last laughs best, you have pictures, and witnesses.

Also, you can easily refute (sp) the "jumped behind her" thing. If your car was moving when she hit it, then the paint would be streaked in the direction that the car was going!! I'd bet you have NO streaking just impact points where she rammed your car!

Glad your wife/loved ones are safe, and if you can paint the front fender/drivers door/rear door/rear qtr so that the paint can match!

Best of luck man,
BTW, i woulda cried too
Old 09-11-03, 04:11 AM
LexFather

Damn, the gene pool needs some chlorine. I would have smacked her for you. Sorry to hear this. Ignorant drivers.
Old 09-11-03, 05:12 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Unhappy

Henry sorry to hear about the car but I am glad your wife and others are OK. Remember that the car can be repaired/replaced but a life can not.

Hang in there bud....
Old 09-11-03, 06:36 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up good luck

idiot drivers, what can you do. be glad she had insurance. good luck again,

Quick Reply: very depress -- my gs4 :(