GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need help with fog light mod.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-15, 02:45 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need help with fog light mod.

I am doing the fog light mod by bananags, and i am stuck on the whole relay thing. His drawing of the relay does not help me because it does not look like my relay. I have already tapped into my fog light pin and ran it down to my driver side fuse box area, and removed my relay and have made the connectors, i just dont know where to place any of the wires.

Heres what i got so far

Old 06-22-15, 02:37 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Okay got it to work.. But now the relay itself gets really hot... Any suggestions?
Old 06-22-15, 03:42 PM
D3V3LOP3R
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since a relay is an electromagnetic device you can expect it to heat up. Saw this on another website when I was working with relays for another project:
Relays are electromagnetic devices. Current through a coil of wire produces a magnetic field that opens or closes contacts which switch the usually higher current in another circuit. The current through the coil results in power that can heat the relay. Some heating is normal in a relay whose coil is constantly energized.
Hope that answers your question.
Old 06-22-15, 09:21 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D3V3LOP3R
Since a relay is an electromagnetic device you can expect it to heat up. Saw this on another website when I was working with relays for another project:

Hope that answers your question.
Thanks! It did answer my question, just checked my other relays and they are all a tad hot. I figured it was my small wires so i swapped them for 10 gauge and no difference.
Old 06-23-15, 05:27 AM
PandaGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsean400
Okay got it to work.. But now the relay itself gets really hot... Any suggestions?
How did you get it to work?
Old 06-23-15, 02:44 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PandaGS300
How did you get it to work?
I just matched the colors like his in one of his pics. Then there was 1 open spot so i figured it was for the fog light wire
Old 07-06-15, 02:44 PM
Category5
Driver

would be cool of you to snap some pics for everyone...... make this thread complete so when others have the same question theres actually a complete answer....
Old 07-06-15, 07:51 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you could read and comprehend, he got it from bananags. really simple stuff here.
Old 07-08-15, 03:24 PM
Category5
Driver

Originally Posted by marshun
if you could read and comprehend, he got it from bananags. really simple stuff here.
If you werent so ignorant and a pr*ck, you'd understand that not everyone knows what the hell bananags is, and for your info it is simple stuff here I actually did mine before you even owned your gs bud, when someone posts a thread with a question and even goes as far as posting up a pic to help everyone address his question, well that leaves this thread as a good candidate for being valuable for those wo may use that search bar in the future. But when someone goes the distance of doing all the above, then comes back in and says something like, "Never mind, got it answered" or what ever, well great, you opened the dam thread so take the responsibility and finish it, is that to much to ask for? or was his question the one that was to much to ask for... since it requires a certain level of competency according to you right? but if one can read according to you, then that should have been your same answer to his question as well huh.... bring something of value to the table for the community besides your smart a** remarks
Old 07-11-15, 07:10 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Category5
If you werent so ignorant and a pr*ck, you'd understand that not everyone knows what the hell bananags is, and for your info it is simple stuff here I actually did mine before you even owned your gs bud, when someone posts a thread with a question and even goes as far as posting up a pic to help everyone address his question, well that leaves this thread as a good candidate for being valuable for those wo may use that search bar in the future. But when someone goes the distance of doing all the above, then comes back in and says something like, "Never mind, got it answered" or what ever, well great, you opened the dam thread so take the responsibility and finish it, is that to much to ask for? or was his question the one that was to much to ask for... since it requires a certain level of competency according to you right? but if one can read according to you, then that should have been your same answer to his question as well huh.... bring something of value to the table for the community besides your smart a** remarks
reading comprehension. if you read "bananags" then you should have said "whats bananags?" or someting along those lines.

so many people want the answer handed to them instead of searching for it themselves. you didnt search at all. even searching "fog light mod" brings up the answer.

but you sound like you need a hug.
Old 07-12-15, 06:48 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Category5
it is really rude of you to demand pictures when it is clearly not neccesary. Someone asked how i did it and it was answered. So your argument is invalid cause the thread was "complete" before you even posted on this thread. Yes it is really simple. i had a question about the wires, and by searching, witch was stated that you did not do at all, i was able to not find anything related to my question so i started a new thread for it. It is simple, again, by my search results noone seemed to have this problem so i didnt see a reason to post about my resolution. OR post pictures and basically make another DIY that resembles bananags's diy. Also, the name calling on another member for telling you to search made you exactly what you called him. And for that now im not going to post pictures, witch wouldnt help anyways since i already stated what i did to resolve it.