GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS with Stop and Goes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 12:04 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks like the wheel's tucked in nicely. i didn't even notice the golf ***** til you mentioned it....i somehow noticed the scissor jack though. the picture doesn't really accentuate the nice green and the sunlight.
Old 03-25-03, 03:03 AM
GS4spinnin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't getting Nasty with members till he told me to invest into some good Chrome wheels. Its no biggie life goes on. Thanks for all your comments guys

Another picture maybe it looks better in this pic
Attached Thumbnails My GS with Stop and Goes-imgp0001.jpg  
Old 03-25-03, 04:49 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by GS4spinnin
Another picture maybe it looks better in this pic
How did you get that wing to stick out of the windshield like that?

What fluid is that sitting in front? Tranny?

Not a fan of the wheels, or the stickers, but you did it, and are happy with it, so

Also, kudos for your forthright attitude for posting.
Old 03-25-03, 06:06 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

I love the color.

I wouldn't have those wheels on my GS, but I think they fit in nice with the look you are going after.

I hate the stickers. It should be a felony to place any sticker on a Lexus.

Please lose the stickers and the golf *****. If you need help losing the golf *****, send them to me and I promise they will be gone by the time I reach the 2nd hole on a par 3 golf course.
Old 03-25-03, 06:43 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Re: Car looks good and even though some may not like->

the rims they look great when they are spinning. I know you put on the stickers for show purposes but in my opinion they take away the good looks of the GS. Loose the stickers and get a body kit and trust me your car will look hotter.
Later:Jose

Originally posted by GS4spinnin
Well tell me what you guys think. They are 20 inch Kronix Virus on Nitto 555's with spintek Spinners.I also have Eibach springs and SRT intake and Greddy EVO exhaust. Any comments appreciated
Old 03-25-03, 06:55 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Your car is your statement: how people see you (even they don't say it)
- if you want to have the "bling bling, I am from the "westside", possibly sell drug for a living kindna LOOK", spinning wheel and chrome/gold plate everything. The more chrome/gold, the better.

- if you want the "FAST look, my car owns this road": bodykit and deep dish rims will do (not chrome, chrome/polish lip is nice)

- if you want the RICE look, then put any sticker you can find on your car, 1 or 2 racing stripes would do, some bodykit and unpainted body parts, rim (anything you can find,including mixing haft stock and haft aftermarket)

-Lose the stickers, it's simply does not go with your car, take away the classy look and turn the car into a bunch of chrome words. Man, that is all I see when I look at these pictures.
"Need balancing in the modifications to achieve the unique look that everyone love, Luke Sky walker"

Hey, but whatever make you happy

Last edited by BananaGS; 03-25-03 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-25-03, 07:08 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the car stock looks nice

Wheels and stickers, blaah.
Old 03-25-03, 07:21 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Lose the stickers (notice a trend here), but you already know that. Remember fellas, he's into the show scene (as I am for now) so his focus is on what the judges are looking for. For me though, I'm also tuned into what the judges are looking for, but only to a point. If I like it, I'll do it. If not, oh well, I'll lose points, but it's still my taste, not the judges. I'm not saying that you're bending to the judges will, because you already stated the stickers are coming off, but for me, I wouldn't have put them on in the first place, 'cause the do make your Lex ricey (at least the stickers down the side). Other than that, AWESOME!!!! Love the spinners, always wondered what they would look like on a GS. I agree with you on the subject of not wanting to look like most cars on here, but there are sooooo many clean looking GS's on here. That's the inherent beauty of the GS and why I bought one. A body kit would really make the car stand out. I put 20" chrome Alba Battles on mine and the looks I got from all kinds of people was amazing (the WOW kind of looks, not EEWW kind of looks mind you). Then it took me a year before I found the kit I liked (WIN body kit). I'm having it installed now and will post. That kit should bring out your car like mad because it sits lower than most other kits, and with your 20"s, LOOK OUT!!!! By the way, how's your GS ride compared to stock with your Eibachs?
Old 03-25-03, 07:29 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up i am into the show scene

well i shall soon be when she is done, but i won't be putting stickers on my ride. I swear the more i look at the spinners i really don't know if i like them or not. Lord when it comes to wheels i don;t know what would make me happy anymore. I love the green and wouldn't have it any other way. The spinners look good on suv's perhaps considering the majority of them are sort of ugly and just need attention drawn to them. How do you do at shows? does it actually help with the stickers? the spinners are kinda played out due to the fact they made the lower end ones and that the big ballers put them on anything from 84 cutlass to a 92 dodge daytona. Davin's don't really look that good imo either. the very first run of them were nice looking. The black background davin's come on...anyone else think they are kinda hideous?
Old 03-25-03, 07:35 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what scares me about those wheels is they seem to me like its just a current fad like the light up washers on the hood or the side markers on the fendors from a couple yrs ago. on your green lex i wouldn't anything than chrome so good choice in style thier but the spinners cool yet a little too much but if u like them and r getting the "ladies " with them and turning heads than good 4 u. a bodykit is all u need now to complete your car on the outside, mayb l-sportline or if u like attention the blitz kit .
Old 03-25-03, 10:34 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Do you really get ladies because your wheels spin ?? Do they say "look at his rims, they spin...let's get in his car because he obviously has disposable income" ? If you want to meet girls that only care about what you drive, more power to you, and enjoy your car now, because she'll separate you from any remaining cashflow pretty quickly. Now if you want to make an individual statement that's another thing, and if you don't take criticism to heart, you're better off.
Now, to the subject at hand:
1) car needs a Type R badge
2) undercarriage neon always helps
3) one of those Crown Royal deals on the dash always works, if not available, hang a CD from the mirror

But the # 1 way to reel in chicks, and this mod costs absolutely nothing...drive around with your windows down, regardless of weather conditions, cranking music that only you can decipher, and just sit back and watch them give in.
Old 03-25-03, 10:38 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

"he obviously has disposable income" ?" LAUGH!

"But the # 1 way to reel in chicks,"

Is to roll around, windows down, with your $55 24k brass watch with the "ice like" rhinestones on it so the ladies KNOW you have mad income with a time piece like that.
Old 03-25-03, 10:47 AM
Cerberus
Driver

People need to stop being so concerned with what the general public thinks about their cars. It is perfectly acceptable to ask for opinions on CL because there is a good variety of people and opinions here. There are alot of nice "classy" cars as well. However, I personally don't care about the "attention" my car gets when I roll around. Most people who compliment my car say something like " Nice car....what is it?" or
"What size are those tires?" Do they really want to know the TIRE size, or did they mean the WHEELS? Most people don't have a clue! And, I wouldn't want to deal with any ladies who approached me because they liked my big "shiny" wheels anyway. The saying "17 will get you 20" pops into my head there.

I personally don't care for those wheels, nor the chrome stickers. BananaGS summed it up very well. There are certain directions you can go with a car. The problem is that it is hard to find a happy medium between Clean and Rice, as it is usually one or the other.
But, whatever makes you happy.....
Old 03-25-03, 11:07 AM
jefe
Rookie

i think they should come with electronic clutches so you can store mechanical energy in them during braking, and release it when it's time to go again. instantaneous AWD!
Old 03-25-03, 11:14 AM
GS4spinnin
Driver School Candidate

Well guys As for the ride with the Eibachs and stock springs hardly noticeable over stock. For some reason it did lower it alot I've sliced one tire already from a highway bump but there was a metal lip that I pushed in and now it doesn't do it. The main thing that stopped making it rub(only on highway bumps) Was getting the 4 wheel alignment. Now I hardly ever rub anywhere unless I have more then one 200+ pound friend in the car on the highway. Its kind of a 2 person car right now which sucks in a way. It might have to do with the offset. As for all the comments Its true about the drug dealer attention I've been to a club and some drunk kid comes up and is like " you guys seling anything" it was a complete laughing matter. I'll take a closer pic of the wheel gap I thought it looked lower then the average eibach lowering

Quick Reply: My GS with Stop and Goes