GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

jdm climate control panel wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-15, 04:05 PM
rktv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm climate control panel wiring

Hello everybodys !

I own a 2004 lexus gs300 with the Sat./nav and ML like this :

In order to install a tablet, i've bought the jdm climate control panle, but as you can see on the pics, informations about consumption, mileage and outside temp are not working.
On the contrary, all the functions about climate work very well.

Those are the plug i can't plug, i've only plugged the two plugs for the climate.

There is this connector, but i don't know how to connect it.

Thanks. Sorry for my english, i'm french and i hope you understand my problem.
Old 05-05-15, 09:49 PM
iToaster
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Before my GS was wrecked, I had one of these installed in it. My car didn't have navigation in it originally and it plugged in and was fully functional (I was a little surprised by this). The unused plug on the back connects to the Japanese market radio and sends information about the radio station to the climate control panel and nothing else. The trip information is calculated in the gauge cluster and is used to calculate the position of the fuel level gauge in addition to the sensor in the tank on all models. The JDM climate control panel talks to the gauge cluster through the body electronics to get this information and display it. On a navigation equipped GS, this is displayed on the navigation screen, but the wiring is different and the communication to the gauges is routed through the navigation head unit. I suspect that one or two of the wires in the navigation plugs are responsible for this communication channel and missing from the climate control wiring on navigation-equipped models. That's about all I know, but hopefully that was helpful for you.
Old 05-05-15, 10:34 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that helped me, thanks man!
Old 05-06-15, 05:15 AM
rktv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iToaster
Before my GS was wrecked, I had one of these installed in it. My car didn't have navigation in it originally and it plugged in and was fully functional (I was a little surprised by this). The unused plug on the back connects to the Japanese market radio and sends information about the radio station to the climate control panel and nothing else. The trip information is calculated in the gauge cluster and is used to calculate the position of the fuel level gauge in addition to the sensor in the tank on all models. The JDM climate control panel talks to the gauge cluster through the body electronics to get this information and display it. On a navigation equipped GS, this is displayed on the navigation screen, but the wiring is different and the communication to the gauges is routed through the navigation head unit. I suspect that one or two of the wires in the navigation plugs are responsible for this communication channel and missing from the climate control wiring on navigation-equipped models. That's about all I know, but hopefully that was helpful for you.
Thanks for the help, now need someone who can tell wich wires is needed
Old 05-01-18, 10:35 AM
sade04
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to revive a super old thread but does has anyone been able to solve this? I too would like to be able to use the trip computer since I replaced the oem navi with an aftermarket headunit.
Old 05-01-18, 09:04 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

If you have a 00 preface lift then you need a pre-face lift climate, and post facelift 01+ then post face lift JDM climate.