GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rims ????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-01, 06:51 PM
goral19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[www.ozwheels.com/r27.html[/URL] What do you guys think 19' on a Gs400???????????
Old 03-21-01, 07:01 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by goral19
[www.ozwheels.com/r27.html[/URL] What do you guys think 19' on a Gs400???????????

Weird looking. But it's a personal taste thing so if it looks good in your eyes, it'll look good OUT of your eyes.

In the OZ Line i think Vela would look better. And the Crono, which you can see from the OZ Japan website.
Old 03-21-01, 07:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Those wheels are a bit 'open' for me. Your brakes are gonna look tiny

As for 19s on GS... many have done it, and it looks great, although the tire selection is limited.

With stock suspension though, it won't look right.
Old 03-21-01, 08:13 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OZ salina 18's

hey im just wondering that isn't the Ltuned OZ salina 18" on the OZ wheels lineup??? i never found them on the OZ wheel lineups......is it just a LExus wheel brand?? or?????
Old 03-22-01, 07:10 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OZ Wheels

Wheels are a matter of taste and an expression of what YOU like. It shouldn't matter what others think, unless you are just looking for addiditonal suggestions. I think you are on the right track, but I agree with the others that with a stock suspension and stock brakes it might look a little weird.

I think the OZ Salina wheels were available a while back, I seem to remember when I got my Competitions, seing the Salinas on the website, they may be discontinued and Lexus/L-Tuned bought up the remaining inventory on them. I probably would've gone 18" myself, but its not worth it in NY(with the crap roads here) to take the chance depending on where you drive.
Old 03-22-01, 12:09 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Default DOPE RIMS!!...

I personally think those are SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!! I love um Goral19. Although, I'm a 19 year old college kid so my opinion might not be of much value. Unless the 19 in your name stands for your age!!

I THINK I'm going with LEXANI AMETHIST Rims.......
http://www.lexani.com/wheels.html#

Many people here probably won't like them, but I've seen them on a GS and it looks TIGHT!! I personally am into the BIG CHROME FLASHY rims.... And these are it!! I'm going with 18's tho and I'm gunna do either the L-Tuned suspension upgrade or an eibach/l-tuned combo!....

Justin
Platinum 2G GS4
Old 03-22-01, 03:38 PM
DakaDan
Rookie

You wanna be big pimping?? Just get some Daytons LOL

DakaDan
Old 03-22-01, 03:58 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

The L-Tuned package uses the Eibach/L-Tuned Shock combo. Buy some Teins.
Old 03-22-01, 04:18 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I agree completely with 1SICKLEX...

1SICKLEX, have you seen the Enkei Enzos?

What do you think of them?
Old 03-22-01, 04:59 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Since your on the topic of chrome rims, what do you think of Arelli Kazmir. I think those are the sickest 5 star rim out there (for chrome I mean).

Thats the only rim I like for Arelli.
Old 03-22-01, 06:32 PM
goral19
Rookie

Default rims

Iam 19 years old to and i threw those rims out because i found some better ones, or i might just keep the 20's i am rollin on now. Thanks for the feedback
Old 03-22-01, 09:05 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I am curious. I am 18, so I am wondering how you can just throw out rims? I must be doing something worng...no offense...lol...its late over here.
Old 03-23-01, 12:02 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexani & Arelli...

both those companies make the ugliest rims on the planet. I wouldn't put their rims on a salvaged titled, primer "painted" '79 Corolla because it would lower the value of the car.

The GS is a luxury car, why the hell would you ruin it with such ghetto *** rims? Then again, I'm not into the rap star bling-bling ****. I think that **** is wacked. Proof that having money does NOT equal having taste.

It's just as bad as buying a old *** $5000 salvage titled Acura Legend, getting a no-mask Earl Schieb $99 paint job and put on chromed 18" knock off rims made by some no-name POS company (that you paid $700 complete with some no-name unrated, non-DOT approved tires), put the centercap from the REAL rim and floss that **** like it's a 2001 LS430...and living in LA, I see a lot of this ****...

But then again, it's personal "taste" I suppose...

As for as OZ's go, I would do the Superleggra and maybe the Nova Monobloc...but I would do at least a 19". Unless you live in a non-rim friendly area...
Old 03-23-01, 12:08 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Default DAMN!!

Damn Manaray... Your taking shots at us chrome rim people! No one complained about your taste of rims so why do you have to be so harsh with someone else's! I'm sure some people don't like your taste either! Like you said, it's personal preference!! It's not cool to take shots at people becuz they don't have the same taste you have!!....

Justin
Platinum 2G GS4
Old 03-23-01, 12:28 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default LexDriver18

Nah, I'm not taking shots at anyone...I'm just stating my opinion. I've seen some very nice car with chrome rims.

But you have to admit, it is pretty wacked when you see people driving around cars like that Acura I described (noting against Acuras by the way, I almost bought a CL Type S)

I just think that whole bling-bling sht is kinda lame. I'm not targeting chrome rims, just the whole "look at me, I gotz da Gold!" attitude...it's especially bad when you mix chrome with a flat out ugly rim. Chrome just hides the ugliness. A good looking rim should look good in plain silver. There's a reason why all of Lexani's rims are chrome.

Take a look at Brabus's cars. Nice and clean. It gets your attention w/o having to throw rocks at you...

Here's a CLEAN *** GS on chrome wheels...but NICE chrome wheels...not some ghetto *** sht...(I just posted the picture on my next post instead of linking it)

Last edited by Manaray; 03-23-01 at 12:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Rims ????????