GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New paint job or vinyl wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 08:07 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3KID
It's looking amazing! how hard were the side mirror arms??
the bumper looks odd to me without the trim haha I'm not used to it

and also do you know how much Sqft you used for the whole car?
Thanks! The side mirror arms were probably the easiest thing to do so far. The mirrors themselves are really hard. I get 95% really good but at the end I don't know how to finish them. I need to look up more videos and try them again.

Are you talking about the bumper trim between the two fog lights? It grew on me and I really like it now!

I bought 5x50ft. I'm not done yet, but I hope that is enough. If my calculations are correct I should be ok. I'm leaving my roof black.

Originally Posted by VIPWRAPS
Thats amazing work bro... Good job for a begginer... I wanted to tell you... The problem areas... Allow them to "cook" in the sun if the glue is bunched up or there are lines under the vinyl... Over time the glue finally settles. IF you had that problem. Js
Thank you. The pictures actually look better than the car actually is. I'll eventually redo the whole car but for now I just want to finish. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looking good...
Almost done. But then I have to help my friend do theirs since they helped me with mine.
Old 03-27-15, 07:26 AM
GS3KID
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS-F
Thanks! The side mirror arms were probably the easiest thing to do so far. The mirrors themselves are really hard. I get 95% really good but at the end I don't know how to finish them. I need to look up more videos and try them again.

Are you talking about the bumper trim between the two fog lights? It grew on me and I really like it now!

I bought 5x50ft. I'm not done yet, but I hope that is enough. If my calculations are correct I should be ok. I'm leaving my roof black.
Well i mean the chrome trim im just not used to seeing it blank or like its all one piece. But the black lower grill looks sweet!

ok cool ive never attempted the mirror arms because i havent thought of the best way to go about it but ill have to try them!

and for our mirrors ive found using a piece 4x the size (i know sounds excessive) works best and heat the memory out of the film before even applying it makes it conform 10X more easily IMO

if your sticking with Blue/ black accents i bet just doing the mirror covers would look awesome!
Old 03-27-15, 11:19 AM
magic5g
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Your work looks awesome GS-F! Around how many hours would you estimate the job to take? I'm planning to do it once I pickup a body kit. Also where'd you buy your vinyl?