GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New to the Club!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-15, 11:26 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Club!!

Hello people out there!! I have been admiring your guy's passion and threads for a long time where they have helped answer many questions about my vehicle when it has come to repairs, maintenance, improvements, and etc. Therefore I have now decided to finally attempt to become apart of it.

Here is a picture of what I have to contribute to the club. Thanks you guys!
Old 03-07-15, 12:10 AM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

That is exactly what I get, I average at just around 300 miles if i'm easy on the pedal. But I have gotten around 400-440 miles on a tank before, that is with all freeway driving and I mean freeway driving haha
Old 03-07-15, 12:24 AM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

That is very true haha, the tank size on the car I believe is 20 gallons correct me if i'm wrong but the reserve light comes on at approximately 15-16 gallons. So I base my total MPG and miles per tank on the 15 Gallons. I use to have a 1994 or 1993 SC400, can't remember the year on the top of my head but it was an amazing vehicle and a joy to drive haha
Old 03-07-15, 03:22 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus fellow Mystic Sea Opalescent GS owner

Glad you found the board informative. A lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks on here.

Be sure to check out this thread Mystic Sea Opalescent GS owners.
Old 03-07-15, 04:48 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by carsRimper
Looks like a more powerful ES and a more fuel efficient Gs400. What do you get as far as FE. I only get about ~300 miles per 17.5 gallon tank.
so now that your GS400 deal went south your going to poke fun of the GS400/430 and compare it to an ES and complain about gas mileage?... Have you not ventured over to the SC forums yet?

OP, welcome to the forums.... clean GS and the paint looks mint... Check my signature for DIY's and remedies for the GS model.. GL
Old 03-07-15, 11:57 AM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

Thanks you guys! I'll make sure to check out those threads. Any advise would be appreciated as being new to the community
Old 03-07-15, 12:15 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
so now that your GS400 deal went south your going to poke fun of the GS400/430 and compare it to an ES and complain about gas mileage?... Have you not ventured over to the SC forums yet?
Must have been embarrassed by a 400 in his travels and is trolling ever since. Microwave mechanic springs to mind, one minute and he's done hahaha, such a shame

Welcome to the GS family dude. I hope you have many happy years of motoring with her
Old 03-07-15, 12:43 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

I hope so too and thanks! She now has a 104,000 miles. Got her when she was a baby with 50,000 miles from the original owner years back. Iv had the timing belt replaced, water pump, lower control arms, ball joints, trailing arms(caster arms) all done recently. Also the usual, meaning the transmission fluid, oil with Mobil 1 5w-20, and all the air filters. So I hope she will have many years to come!
Old 03-07-15, 12:45 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Ahhhh sorry. I thought you just got it. Well I still wish you years of happy motoring lol.

Did you notice much of a difference with the transmission fluid change? I hear good things but I haven't got round to it yet. Did you just drain and refill?
Old 03-07-15, 12:47 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

I do have a question though, maybe you guys have the answer to it or somebody does. But is it safe to flush the transmission fluid with the mileage the car has? I have never flushed the transmission before and only drained and filled the transmission. I have looked for information but it doesn't seem like there is a yes or no answe as people have their own opinions on the right answer to that question. But what do you guys think? My transmission oil seems a bit dirty and I'm debating if I should do one or the other. But I don't know if the flush will knock off deposits and damage my transmission. Thanks you guys!
Old 03-07-15, 12:49 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

We must have posted our replies at the same time. A few people have done the DIY setting change on their boxes, fitting a new gasket after.
Old 03-07-15, 12:51 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RichS11
Ahhhh sorry. I thought you just got it. Well I still wish you years of happy motoring lol.

Did you notice much of a difference with the transmission fluid change? I hear good things but I haven't got round to it yet. Did you just drain and refill?
Thank you!! I hope she will last for years to come. I Apologies for the misunderstanding. I am new to the community but have been a Lexus owner for years and planning on staying that way haha
Old 03-07-15, 12:53 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

I have only drained and refilled the transmission fluid as I have been skeptical about the flush as I have heard many positive and negative things about it. But I keep wondering what is the best and safest solution for my transmission fluid
Old 03-07-15, 12:55 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

I'd like to change my diff fluid too. I should do a search but I've got a few other modifications I need to do first.
Old 03-07-15, 01:09 PM
geoffpaint
Driver School Candidate

I'd like to change my diff fluid too. I should do a search but I've got a few other modifications I need to do first.
I want to as well and I have done multiple searches but it seems like there isn't a direct answer for it. It seems like there are a lot of opinions vs. actual answers which is why I have not done the flush yet. I want to find a direct answer for the question but I have lucked out so far. I know the longer you wait the more likely you should not do it as more deposits accumulate and stick inside the transmission and can possibly cause damage if you do a flush as it will knock the deposits off and start floating around inside the transmission as they can't be flushed out due to being to big. Therefore I am skeptical and looking for a direct answer before doing it haha

Quick Reply: New to the Club!!