Originally Posted by plu
I'm just registered here because I discovered that the 2nd gen side mirrors are a bolt on replacement to the 7th and 8th gen Corolla and look to be a perfect match in fitment. I'm just exploring the wiring and hope to get some answers. What I would gain compared to our mirrors is manual folding and heated mirror (seems easy to wire). I think I might go big and do the JDM power folding mirror conversion. So 2 questions:
1) Do all 2nd gen have heated side mirrors?
2) Do all 2nd gen have auto dim side mirrors and if so where is the light sensor located?
3) What does the memory adjust feature on the side mirror do? I never owned a Lexus car so this feature is strange to me
4) I heard there was a difference. What is the difference between the 98-99 and the 00 - 04 mirrors?
Answer your question:
1. Yesssssss, 2nd gen have heated side mirrors. But I'm not 100% sure if 98 to 2000 have it. I know 2001 to 2005
2. Yesssssss, 2nd gen have auto dim side mirrors and the light sensor is located in the inside center rear view mirror. But I'm not 100% sure if 98 to 2000 have it.
3. The memory adjust feautre is to leave the mirrors in the position that are you want after you have programmed the mirrors with the button memory. If anyone in addition to you drive your car and moves the mirrors, you just touched the memory button and the mirrors return to where you has save or programming before. That simple. Is very nice feature.
4. The difference between 98 to 2005 not 2004. The 98 and 99 and I thinks 00 come with left feature that 01 to 05. My come with 11 wires and the only difference I believe so is memory, heat, dim..
Remember this. The manufacturers of car put different feutures to the vehicles because everyone like different options. The more often in the car, the more expensive feature the car has. Right?