GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What do you guys think of my new sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-15, 08:21 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice....
Old 02-11-15, 09:39 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
^ you really didnt see that coming.. Of course our cars will have the civic effect. Give a special thanks to the vip guys. they drive around drive around 1 inch from the ground for some dumb reason. and once the bumpers are cracked and scraped up, the car is now in mom and dads price range. If they kept it classy ,like most mercedes you see on the road with 20s and a moderate drop, maybe we wouldnt have many riced out gs's. But i could.be wrong
Its not much better on the mercedes forum and 5 times wores on the BMW and Infiniti forums, especially in the 3 and G sections.
Old 02-12-15, 04:55 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

^ you really didnt see that coming.. Of course our cars will have the civic effect. Give a special thanks to the vip guys. they drive around drive around 1 inch from the ground for some dumb reason. and once the bumpers are cracked and scraped up, the car is now in mom and dads price range. If they kept it classy ,like most mercedes you see on the road with 20s and a moderate drop, maybe we wouldnt have many riced out gs's. But i could.be wrong
So you're insulting VIP guys? And what do ricers have to do with being 1" off the ground? The VIP scene was around since before ricers, its the ricers that began running their cars low like the VIP's, but they dont know how to drive a lowered car. A true VIP'er knows how to drive a lowered car and keeps the car from shattering, not to mention, a true VIP'er will buy quality poly parts and not have to worry about shattered bumpers. BTW, a dropped car on wheels looks much better than a "mildly" dropped car on wheels, gotta at least close the gap.
Old 02-12-15, 07:31 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

At lease the sticker is using the correct "your."

That's all I got.
Old 02-12-15, 08:09 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

does it mean "F" your V8?
Old 02-12-15, 09:10 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On a GTE swapped 300 it makes sense...on a GE 300....*cough*
Old 02-12-15, 11:56 AM
2JayZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
does it mean "F" your V8?
Old 02-12-15, 02:27 PM
Danny365N
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say I agree. A lot of people got into these cars since the 2JZ was a big deal & Supra fandom is probably at it's highest point now days with Youtube & social media. The fact that they can be had for 3-5k in good running condition is also a plus. VIP/stance has nothing to do with it. Have you ever been on the 1IS subforum? I'm assuming not. It's the stigma that goes along with these cars and the fact that it can be purchased by anybody despite "classiness"
Also replacing a bumper isn't that big of a deal in comparison, they're fairly cheap.
Old 02-12-15, 02:48 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

my cars slammed to the ground. i guess its ****ty.

Anyone wanna buy it for the price of a civic?
Old 02-12-15, 04:11 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
So you're insulting VIP guys? And what do ricers have to do with being 1" off the ground? The VIP scene was around since before ricers, its the ricers that began running their cars low like the VIP's, but they dont know how to drive a lowered car. A true VIP'er knows how to drive a lowered car and keeps the car from shattering, not to mention, a true VIP'er will buy quality poly parts and not have to worry about shattered bumpers. BTW, a dropped car on wheels looks much better than a "mildly" dropped car on wheels, gotta at least close the gap.

Not insulting the vip guys, just my opinion. When you say a dropped car on wheels looks better then a mildy dropped car on wheels thats your opinion. I personally wouldnt ride that low, for obvious reasons. Thats why i think its "dumb" Reguardless of how you drive if you hit a pothole that you didnt see, im sure damage will occur. Changing your driving style for a "look" is like changing the way you walk so you can "sag" your pants. It really doesnt bother me cause im not the one paying for their repair on bent rims and damaged body parts\fenders. and i glide smoothly over speed bumps. maybe i missed it but i didnt see very many threads with pictures of their new poly parts, but more of their new coils. I really dont think anyone intentionally wants to be a ricer but where i was getting at is when kids see our cars slammed and all done up, they want it. But they are on moms budget and have little knowledge on whats going on. Ever wonder howmany kids bought ebay headlights thinking it was the same ones they saw on that vip gs300 on google. when they were indeed the retrofitted ones? Like i said i could be wrong but i think the vip guys played a part in the whole civic effect.

And this has nothing to do with the op,s sticker. I dont see anything wrong with it.
Old 02-12-15, 04:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Not insulting the vip guys, just my opinion. When you say a dropped car on wheels looks better then a mildy dropped car on wheels thats your opinion. I personally wouldnt ride that low, for obvious reasons. Thats why i think its "dumb" Reguardless of how you drive if you hit a pothole that you didnt see, im sure damage will occur. Changing your driving style for a "look" is like changing the way you walk so you can "sag" your pants. It really doesnt bother me cause im not the one paying for their repair on bent rims and damaged body parts\fenders. and i glide smoothly over speed bumps. maybe i missed it but i didnt see very many threads with pictures of their new poly parts, but more of their new coils. I really dont think anyone intentionally wants to be a ricer but where i was getting at is when kids see our cars slammed and all done up, they want it. But they are on moms budget and have little knowledge on whats going on. Ever wonder howmany kids bought ebay headlights thinking it was the same ones they saw on that vip gs300 on google. when they were indeed the retrofitted ones? Like i said i could be wrong but i think the vip guys played a part in the whole civic effect.

And this has nothing to do with the op,s sticker. I dont see anything wrong with it.

lets stay on Topic here guys.. This is about OP's sticker.. take it to PM if you want to argue.
Old 02-12-15, 05:11 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
my cars slammed to the ground. i guess its ****ty.

Anyone wanna buy it for the price of a civic?
Hey you got here just in time. I was waiting for you to chime in.
Mr all show no go, the ricers biggest supporter.

You walked into that, maybe if you back it up with some go u can sell it more then what you would get for a civic
Old 02-12-15, 06:18 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Hey you got here just in time. I was waiting for you to chime in.
Mr all show no go, the ricers biggest supporter.

You walked into that, maybe if you back it up with some go u can sell it more then what you would get for a civic
gsean, please leave this thread..
Old 02-12-15, 09:23 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My response to the sticker is "no, you may not."
Old 02-12-15, 09:51 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Be respectful to each other here despite his or her build type - VIP, Stance, Speed, maybe even sticker bombing (had to say it).

Cool sticker - once you can keep-up with a V8 or have some wins under your belt, if not, .

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of my new sticker?