GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need help building the cleanest semi stock sound system

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 12:34 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need help building the cleanest semi stock sound system

Alright guys i need some help. Im trying to acheive the best sounding sound system i can while keeping my my stock gs430 navi. An aftermarket deck will not, and never be in the picture.. I hate them and i love my stock navi.. And i need it to control my ac\heater functions and i like how i can see my average mpg and everything else that comes with it.

Anyways, so this is the plan for right now, im going to be doing the 5$ aux input and attaching a aux bluetooth connector to it, i had it connected to my cassette adapter and it sounded horrible so im sure it will be alot better quality when it is tapped into the cd player wires. Now that i got bluetooth enabled, for sound i dont mind the stock ml door speakers. I think they sound very clean. I added a few more tweeters in the back behind the headrests and the sound is very crisp especially for my rear seat passengers. Now for bass, i upgraded my alternator and bought some 0 gauge wire and will be doing the big 3 upgrade as soon as i fix the little bugs i am having with my alternator. I will be throwing in a fosgate T2 in my decklid with a custom box built into it. This will be paired with a fosgate t1000 amp. I will be placing dynamat in the trunk and under my headliner so i wont have much roof flex or rattles. Those are the plans for right now.

Is there anyway i can hook up an equalizer to the stock ml amp so i can tune the bass in the door speakers to 0? The Ml mids and aftermarket tweeters i have get very loud but i can hear a tad bit distortion from the speakers when the bass hits, even when the the bass level is turned all the way down on my navi.

Anything anyone can add? All comments will be taken into consideration. Not trying to be the loudest on the block.

Last edited by gsean400; 01-30-15 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-30-15, 12:59 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Just buy bass blockers (capacitors). The right capacitor will stop bass from going to the speakers, just have to hook one up inline to each speaker and you're good to go. I highly recommend buying some type of line driver or preamp for the bass amp to get the cleanest power, stock voltage is probably like .5v, you're gonna want at least 5v going to the amp.
Old 01-30-15, 04:27 PM
mcsddd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jl cleansweep or audio control lc8 or lc6. If you have extra money laying around helix dsp, audison bit one or ten, or arc ps8
Old 01-31-15, 03:18 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Just buy bass blockers (capacitors). The right capacitor will stop bass from going to the speakers, just have to hook one up inline to each speaker and you're good to go. I highly recommend buying some type of line driver or preamp for the bass amp to get the cleanest power, stock voltage is probably like .5v, you're gonna want at least 5v going to the amp.
Thanks! Im defiantly going to look into that. Do u think the bass blockers will enable me to turn up thebass on my navi and get more volts to my lineout? My line out converter is hooked up to my stock ml subwoofer wires

Originally Posted by mcsddd
jl cleansweep or audio control lc8 or lc6. If you have extra money laying around helix dsp, audison bit one or ten, or arc ps8
Great alternative! Its just a tad pricey. I feel like i could Bypass the stock amp and get the same results with an aftermarket amp with an equalizer for half the price. Correct me if im wrong
Old 01-31-15, 02:22 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Yea it will allow you to go louder, but the deck's max output is .5v no matter how loud you turn the ****, you can use a multimeter on the wires going to the woofer and see at what deck level it maxes out at. Anything after the max is just distorted power and will wreck all the speakers. A line driver will let you not have to turn the bass up on the deck because it will allow the amp to be utilized to its full potential. You always want your appending devices to do all the work while the deck is used as a master and set to nominal levels.