GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Gathering info on switching rear badge and wheel caps to (T)oyota

Old 12-23-14, 02:18 PM
Ahheck01
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gathering info on switching rear badge and wheel caps to (T)oyota

Curious if the local toyota dealer would have toyota wheel caps to replace the Lexus ones on my GS430 - are they a specific size that I could cross reference with a Toyota model?

What about the rear Toyota badge for an Aristo - I can order them from JP Carparts too, but if it's the same exact thing as the Toyota Camry rear badge, I'd just get that.

Anyone already go down this path and know?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-14, 03:38 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I will just chime in with this: I remember, back in the day, before the interwebz, we used to modify cars. I tinted my own windows, changed suspension springs, installed stereos and speakers - even bought "blank" (undrilled) wheels, so I could have a machine shop drill them for a unique car I had.

We learned by measuring, testing, doing, not asking. Having a unique ride - something nobody else had - was paramount to our passion for cars. So, in your case, I would quietly suggest that you invest some time and money and see if you can just make it work.

This, from the guy who furiously de-badges all his cars, just as fast as the heat gun and dental floss get whipped out, the old badges fly, gravity ultimately aiding in their timely demise.
Old 12-23-14, 03:42 PM
Ahheck01
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, while that answer didn't directly serve my purpose as much as I would have liked it to, I can't help but appreciate for its gentle honesty, and poetic flow. Thanks for that.