GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My brothers gs just stolen!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-14, 07:40 AM
STREETGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by j$mooth23
what kind of ppl took it and what did you do with them? Lol
glad it was recovered.
My crx not so fortunate.
they are asian,
the sheriff showed us a picture of them to see if we knew them
or had ever seen them before
Old 08-21-14, 08:46 AM
sc4jms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you got your ride back. might have to look into the lo-jack
Old 08-21-14, 09:50 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by STREETGS
they are asian,
the sheriff showed us a picture of them to see if we knew them
or had ever seen them before
Go figure. They were gonna keep ur car to part it out prolly. Our cars are one of the most popular for used parts since everything was built to last. Hope being in jail was worth a couple grand at most. Losers they should have at least taken a 4LS or an LFA something actually worth getting caught for. But all new cars probably have some tracker in them so our big brother government can spy on us even more. Just like how there was an article on MICS being installed in all new cars for them to listen in on us secretly. They knew what they wanted wen they got ur car, don't think it was spur of the moment, they could've followed you or have been lookin for a 2GS and saw an opportunity and jumped on it. But they were the dumbest rookie car thieves ever the number one rule when you steal a car is to check or disable any LoJack or GPS which I'm sure is possible now and days with all this technology.
Old 08-21-14, 10:14 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
Sicily, how did you get your exhausts painted like that. I need to "service" my flaking gold tipped exhausts.

Edit: looks like that spray can paint you get at Auto Zone under the Mirage label.
That's not my exhaust ha ha,my borla catback is stainless I didn't touch it and wouldn't, but u can use a torch OR do it the MacGyver way with four 9 volt batteries connected together in series with wires with clips on the end and tin foil and coca cola.. Lol
Old 08-21-14, 10:16 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Fast and the furious needs to recruit those cats... Lol
Old 08-21-14, 10:29 AM
STREETGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Go figure. They were gonna keep ur car to part it out prolly. Our cars are one of the most popular for used parts since everything was built to last. Hope being in jail was worth a couple grand at most. Losers they should have at least taken a 4LS or an LFA something actually worth getting caught for. But all new cars probably have some tracker in them so our big brother government can spy on us even more. Just like how there was an article on MICS being installed in all new cars for them to listen in on us secretly. They knew what they wanted wen they got ur car, don't think it was spur of the moment, they could've followed you or have been lookin for a 2GS and saw an opportunity and jumped on it. But they were the dumbest rookie car thieves ever the number one rule when you steal a car is to check or disable any LoJack or GPS which I'm sure is possible now and days with all this technology.
i think they where in the process of doing that when they got caught
accessing the lo-jack is not something fast that u can do on the street.
first off every lo-jack is installed different locations and what i know is the the device is
welded to the location of choice, not only that but it is connected to the ignition and computer so by the time they disable it the police already found it.
the dealer wont even tell you (the owner) where the device is located
Old 08-21-14, 05:31 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not calling them geniuses but I'm sure they considered the possibility of a gps tracking system. These days all car thieves typically do. I believe that's why they removed the battery as soon as they had it parked. They were probably banking on the premise that the call to the police hadn't been made in time.
Old 08-21-14, 05:33 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have a question though. Models with Nav can still be tracked and located right? Those models are gps tracked at the cars every movement.
Old 08-22-14, 05:39 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Default .

Originally Posted by repugnante
Have a question though. Models with Nav can still be tracked and located right? Those models are gps tracked at the cars every movement.
unfortunately cops dont use GPS to track stolen cars, its not a cost effective thing for them, sucks right? You have to kill or kidnap somebody for them to utilize that system they have. Someone correct me if im wrong but I dont remember ever hearing cops use the GPS to track a stolen car down.
Old 08-22-14, 05:42 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Default .

Originally Posted by STREETGS
i think they where in the process of doing that when they got caught
accessing the lo-jack is not something fast that u can do on the street.
first off every lo-jack is installed different locations and what i know is the the device is
welded to the location of choice, not only that but it is connected to the ignition and computer so by the time they disable it the police already found it.
the dealer wont even tell you (the owner) where the device is located
Oh ok because the stories I heard make it seem like LoJack is easily turned off by the professional thief. But I guess that makes it a little better. But I heard the newest technology of car theft detterant like lojack is the GPS tracker. Similar to the GPS in the car navigation I guess? But I think its hard to turn off when you steal the car and you can track it easier I think.
Old 08-22-14, 08:27 AM
STREETGS
Pole Position

unfortunately cops dont use GPS to track stolen cars, its not a cost effective thing for them, sucks right? You have to kill or kidnap somebody for them to utilize that system they have. Someone correct me if im wrong but I dont remember ever hearing cops use the GPS to track a stolen car down.
i know many people who have recovered their cars thanks to lo-jack
when lo-jack first came out it did make the news, i guess now its not
Big News thats why we dont hear about it
Old 08-22-14, 12:12 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Congrats on getting your car back. Lo-jack is great, I don't have it on my gs(no one would steal it where I live, to old haha) but my father has had it on all of his cars ever since he lived in Chicago.
Old 08-22-14, 01:28 PM
STREETGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Congrats on getting your car back. Lo-jack is great, I don't have it on my gs(no one would steal it where I live, to old haha) but my father has had it on all of his cars ever since he lived in Chicago.
every thief has different taste of cars they like to steal
Old 08-22-14, 01:46 PM
STREETGS
Pole Position

i think this is the scanner they use !!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-14, 03:14 PM
PeteGS300
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LoJacks a great security tool to have installed until the thieves find away round it.Over here in the UK we have a similar gadget called Tracker, same thing as LoJack and they've found away round it.
Put a signal jammer in the cigarette lighter and its bye bye car.

Sadly i know people who this has happened to.

Quick Reply: My brothers gs just stolen!!!!!!