GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2000 gs300 weird idle problem

Old 08-03-14, 08:52 AM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2000 gs300 weird idle problem

ive tried to search the forum many times to avoid a redundant thread but i never had luck or am searching the forum wrong but my car has an issue and im not sure what it is. what it does is, when im driving the car will suddenly drop to idle and cost to where ever you want it to go, someone told me that it can be going into safe mode (whatever that means) someone else told me the car has an electronic idle as well as a manual idle and the motor for that can be going out and there does appear to be a motor on the throttle body facing me.. when the car is running like this the throttle doesn't work unless you floor it even then the tranny wont shift... if anyone can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated until then ill be poking at it... thanks early
Old 08-03-14, 10:33 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are at least 4 threads running right now that i can see that are relevant to your issues. search harder
Old 08-03-14, 10:42 AM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBlaze2g
ive tried to search the forum many times to avoid a redundant thread but i never had luck or am searching the forum wrong but my car has an issue and im not sure what it is. what it does is, when im driving the car will suddenly drop to idle and cost to where ever you want it to go, someone told me that it can be going into safe mode (whatever that means) someone else told me the car has an electronic idle as well as a manual idle and the motor for that can be going out and there does appear to be a motor on the throttle body facing me.. when the car is running like this the throttle doesn't work unless you floor it even then the tranny wont shift... if anyone can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated until then ill be poking at it... thanks early
Any codes?

Check the transmission fluid level.
Old 08-04-14, 07:46 AM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Originally Posted by MrHimbert
there are at least 4 threads running right now that i can see that are relevant to your issues. search harder
Useless people..
Old 08-04-14, 07:48 AM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Originally Posted by wbmx1981
Any codes?

Check the transmission fluid level.
Nope, no codes.
Old 08-04-14, 09:49 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Useless people..

Your mother is useless.
Old 08-04-14, 01:06 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Originally Posted by MrHimbert
Your mother is useless.
Your mother isn't once you peel the scab off her ****.
Old 08-04-14, 01:58 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts
Default !

LMAOOOOO. FOR REAL at LEAST help the guy out, IM SICK of people replying just to say search, did you ever think some people arent good at searching or gave up when they couldnt find it? like get a LIFE, be nice HELP PEOPLE!

Old 08-04-14, 02:00 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Your problem to me sounds like the MAF is bad or the throttle body is super duper dirty, have both checked, those would be my first guesses. I've never heard of your issue where you have to floor it, that sounds like the TPS is staying closed and not opening... My guess is either the MAF or TPS. have them checked ASAP
Old 08-04-14, 02:01 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

how many miles on the car? and what work has been done so far? Like the other guy said it could be EXTREMELY dirty or low transmission fluid, but this I highly doubt...
Old 08-04-14, 02:32 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 764 Likes on 667 Posts

I've been having the same issues with my GS400. The only thing I suspect is a bad Powersteering Idle Up Valve. I think it's not closing, and opening like it's suppose to be doing. Which in terms creates a vaccum leak that the ECU doesn't pick up. That's why there is no CE light. Right now I feel mine started working again all of a sudden and my car is running better. I've tried to cap it off and see how the engine runs, but I think the ECU is designed to have that valve installed. The reason I know mine is on it's way out is because sometimes on start up it get a puff of white smoke. Also when it's not working I feel my power steering is a little stiffer to turn. I haven't ordered a new Valve yet I'm waiting to see the outcome of it working for now. You can find better information on the LS400 forums under Powersteering Idle Up Valve. It's notorious for causing idle problem.
Old 08-04-14, 02:36 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Good talk.
Old 08-04-14, 03:49 PM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Useless people..
Wow, let's just hand you everything you deserve in life ...
Old 08-04-14, 05:20 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rogzballz
Wow, let's just hand you everything you deserve in life ...
Right?

I feel that nobody is ever willing to put a little effort into things....always wanting something for nothing.
Old 08-04-14, 05:54 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Originally Posted by DMPesso
how many miles on the car? and what work has been done so far? Like the other guy said it could be EXTREMELY dirty or low transmission fluid, but this I highly doubt...
Thanks man I appreciate ur help sometime even when you have an idea what could be wrong with the car if ur not familiar with the vehicle you look for people who's car may have given the same symptoms but the car has 275xxx mls on it and I put a JDM engine and tranny in it almost a year ago but all other components came with the car this is something I've never seen a car do and had no idea what could cause the car not to rev while the throttle is open.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 gs300 weird idle problem