GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Looking for some opinions/experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-14, 10:35 AM
RainyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A big difference between the GS460 and a Mustang. I think with the mustang you are going to miss the ride, quality, and most of all, reliability. You just cant beat a Lexus no matter how you look at it. I would say get a couple of Lexus models you might want and test drive each to see what fits best. And heck, if you car is still running strong, why fix something if it isn't broken? I know its hard to stay with one thing, I just paid off my truck and have been cruising the net for a new ride, but the truck has been great and runs like a champ. I hope yo find what your looking for.
Old 08-03-14, 11:30 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RainyGS
A big difference between the GS460 and a Mustang. I think with the mustang you are going to miss the ride, quality, and most of all, reliability. You just cant beat a Lexus no matter how you look at it. I would say get a couple of Lexus models you might want and test drive each to see what fits best. And heck, if you car is still running strong, why fix something if it isn't broken? I know its hard to stay with one thing, I just paid off my truck and have been cruising the net for a new ride, but the truck has been great and runs like a champ. I hope yo find what your looking for.
LOL i know the struggle. Never satisfied. You are correct though. Im leaning towards just Turbo-ing the GS and beefing up the suspension. That would def change my attitude towards my car.
Old 08-04-14, 01:33 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You wana hear some chatter you need to hear your mothers false teeth chatter when she's sucking me off...
Old 08-04-14, 01:44 PM
offbad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBlaze2g
You wana hear some chatter you need to hear your mothers false teeth chatter when she's sucking me off...
yikes

2 3 4 5
Old 08-04-14, 02:07 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts
Default !

LMAO, paybacks a *****hhhhhhhh... Thats what you get for being the search police!
Old 08-04-14, 02:34 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Im going to have to recommenend Some fixodent to her....cant be having chatter in situations like that.

Originally Posted by DMPesso
LMAO, paybacks a *****hhhhhhhh... Thats what you get for being the search police!
Oh man. Such good payback. I don't know what I am going to do. maybe i should start a thread on what i should do. Or maybe just use the search function.....what do you think?
Old 08-05-14, 08:42 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

does that guy have a life? seriously?

on topic though, i wouldn't go for a mustang. too many issues that aren't really worth it IMO. i'd turbo the GS (like you said you were leaning towards) or do a swap
the cars are just so dang reliable. they last forever if you take care of them
although i do agree on an LS. they're huge, but they're gorgeous.
Old 08-05-14, 09:20 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by littlebird
does that guy have a life? seriously?

on topic though, i wouldn't go for a mustang. too many issues that aren't really worth it IMO. i'd turbo the GS (like you said you were leaning towards) or do a swap
the cars are just so dang reliable. they last forever if you take care of them
although i do agree on an LS. they're huge, but they're gorgeous.
Seriously the LS is sexy....but I've never had a turbo car, and really do love my gs. So I'm looking into swaps. I found a couple on eBay for 2k but I need to search on here and get some advice from users. I want to start out with at least 400 rwhp and work from there. Should be no problem for a healthy gte to push.
Old 08-05-14, 09:55 AM
rofflehous
Driver

Originally Posted by MrHimbert
Seriously the LS is sexy....but I've never had a turbo car, and really do love my gs. So I'm looking into swaps. I found a couple on eBay for 2k but I need to search on here and get some advice from users. I want to start out with at least 400 rwhp and work from there. Should be no problem for a healthy gte to push.
you can be at 400hp with a boost controller, fmic, downpipe, exaust, bcc ;-)
Old 08-05-14, 10:57 AM
littlebird
Driver

my GS is my baby. for real. i think eventually we are going to put in the gte but i want to see how many miles i can rack up on the GE first. lookin good so far.
i have a long list of things to do to my car, and so far only thing that's been done is exhaust, haha.
but yeah you can get that horse easily
Old 08-05-14, 03:42 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rofflehous
you can be at 400hp with a boost controller, fmic, downpipe, exaust, bcc ;-)
Exactly this!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm gonna do it. Build it up on the side for a bit. I do agree with little bird about seeing how many miles I can get on the GE. I'm only at 130k miles

my GS is my baby. for real. i think eventually we are going to put in the gte but i want to see how many miles i can rack up on the GE first. lookin good so far.
i have a long list of things to do to my car, and so far only thing that's been done is exhaust, haha.
but yeah you can get that horse easily
Agreed. I think I'm going to start with suspension. Bushings, new coils, stiffen up the body a bit.
Old 08-05-14, 04:33 PM
littlebird
Driver

Exactly this!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm gonna do it. Build it up on the side for a bit. I do agree with little bird about seeing how many miles I can get on the GE. I'm only at 130k miles
I'm about to hit 343k
Old 08-06-14, 12:50 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

I'm about to hit 343k
Holy *****!!!!
Old 08-06-14, 07:44 AM
littlebird
Driver

Holy *****!!!!
like i said, if you take care of them, they'll last. havent really had any serious issues with her. She's my daily and our travel car (cause the SC400 isn't big enough for that). and honestly i don't think i'll ever get rid of her unless she blows up or something.
i've owned several other cars in the past, but there's something about this one.. i didn't even want it initially. i wanted something slightly smaller that didn't require premium fuel (haha). but once i drove the car, that was it.
Old 08-08-14, 08:43 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by offbad
q45s and m45s are super cheap

fits your JDM requirement.

edit*
link
http://www.carmax.com/search?ASc=15&...results%20page
When I sold my GS i was wanting to get into a 04-06 LS430 and these two cars above were also on my list as I wasn't finding the LS i wanted. You can get the M45 and Q45 cheap enough to dump some money into them to get them in top running order or start some modding. My hesitation on the Q45 was sourcing OEM parts at a decent price when needed since it was a small short run in production. I thought about BMW 5series and the Audi A8 but it was just a thought lol thats about it.

On a fluke I decided to check out a IS350 that was cheaper than my budget and had to have it. I did test drive a low mileage LS430UL and it was magic but for the way I prefer to drive the IS350 made more sense.

I am with you on jumping ship after a few years and yup its an expensive dumb sickness but its real. My only advice is do not sell your GS until you ABSOLUTELY know you are buying another car and Exactly which one it is. I had a couple scrappers after letting the GS go before getting the IS350... Lesson Learned.

Quick Reply: Looking for some opinions/experiences