GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need advice on abs vsc Check engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-14, 11:17 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on abs vsc Check engine light on

I had the abs vsc and vsc off light come on than check engine came on short after. Is it possible for a wheel bearing to throw off the abs sensor. On my F250 truck when my wheel bearings go out it always triggers the abs light. Are GS430 known for that? Also, I had the right rear bearing replaced already so I'm guessing it's the left rear since a hear a slight noise when driving. Thanks for responses and yes I did search.
Old 07-27-14, 12:09 AM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What codes is it throwing? It will have codes with the CEL on.
Old 07-27-14, 12:30 AM
brainsurge
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Usually your wheel bearings has nothing to do with the abs ring. Propably a bad abs sensor, but thats what you need to check the codes for.
Old 07-27-14, 01:19 PM
ILL05GS
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Need codes. Most engine malfunctions will set ABS/TRAC codes and vise versa regardless if either has an actual problem.
Old 07-28-14, 03:10 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

My codes are as follow:

PO 440 EAP System Fault
PO 441 EVAP system incorrect purge flow
PO 446 EVAP system vent control fault

They reset my Check Engine light but the VSC and ABS lights are still on.
Old 07-28-14, 05:01 PM
ILL05GS
Driver

Evap leak. Most likely fuel cap. Very common. If not that then most likely a cracked evap hose under the hood but 4/5 its the gas cap.
Old 07-28-14, 08:42 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LStyle
My codes are as follow:

PO 440 EAP System Fault
PO 441 EVAP system incorrect purge flow
PO 446 EVAP system vent control fault

They reset my Check Engine light but the VSC and ABS lights are still on.
There is something else going on.Those are evap system codes and by themselves will not cause the VSC and ABS lights to come. I've had P0446 for months and never gotten those lights. Have it read with an ABS code reader. If I had to guess, I'd say one of your wheel speed sensors is bad.
Old 07-30-14, 09:13 PM
sucessr1
Rookie

my check engine VSC and VSC lights on.says bank 2 sensor 2... changed still have lights on....((( helpppp
Old 07-31-14, 08:13 AM
ILL05GS
Driver

Originally Posted by sucessr1
my check engine VSC and VSC lights on.says bank 2 sensor 2... changed still have lights on....((( helpppp
You have to clear the codes manually even if you fix the part.
Old 09-23-14, 03:09 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

Finally found out what the vsc and abs codes are. Brake booster solenoid, left and right front speed sensor, and ABS control system malfunction. There is also a clicking noise inside the car which has been there for a while. What do you guys think this could be? My battery has been pretty weak so maybe that could be the case. Hard to believe that all those things went wrong at the same time.
Old 09-23-14, 03:50 PM
ILL05GS
Driver

Finally found out what the vsc and abs codes are. Brake booster solenoid, left and right front speed sensor, and ABS control system malfunction. There is also a clicking noise inside the car which has been there for a while. What do you guys think this could be? My battery has been pretty weak so maybe that could be the case. Hard to believe that all those things went wrong at the same time.
Sounds like you need those sensors and unfortunately a new brake actuator. I would replace those sensors first then clear codes. Then monitor the other code.
Old 09-25-14, 11:37 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

With this many random codes, check the voltage at the battery with everything(ac/stereo/wipers/headlights) turned on and idling. If less than 13.2v, suspect the alternator. I had all kinds of ABS solenoid codes...evap codes....fuel system fault codes. Alternator was getting weak and the ECM wasnt reading all the parameters right due to the low voltage. Replaced alternator and bam...all back to normal. That was 23k miles ago and still no lights......
Old 09-28-14, 11:29 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boo ya! You said it! Change that dam battery ASAP bro, I've had the problem, and have taken part in many forum posts regarding the issue. Battery and alternator being bad will draw these codes and have done so to me. I was convinced it wasn't the battery because I just replaced it, guess what, my battery, as well as others luck in here were bad, anyhow, stop replacing all the expensive ****** and start simple, see how it goes. But! That p0446 code is charcoal canister brother, mine just came up for the second time... Ugh....
Old 10-27-14, 02:49 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

Ok. Finally got the car back from body shop. Painted and looking pretty. Bought a digital volt meter and got everything running. Lights, wipers in high, seat heaters, window defroster, radio, ac. Volt meter drops to 11.7 and it goes up a little than comes down even lower but hovers around this mark. When I rev it goes up to little over 12 but back down to 11.8. when I come off. Everything turned off at idle it's 13.5. Do you think it's alternator?
Old 10-29-14, 03:03 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

Ok, I got the alternator and battery replaced. Warning light still on. Do I have to drive around for this to disappear or what would you guys recommend as the next step? Thanks in advance!!!!

Quick Reply: Need advice on abs vsc Check engine light on