GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Could my throttle body be the culprit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 03:38 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no I'm not having any ABS issues.
Old 08-05-14, 04:50 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrHimbert
Oh no I'm not having any ABS issues.
It has nothing to do with your ABS system, and dam I feel your pain, but I assure you once you over come this it should stay gone for a long time. Now my best suggestion, and it's going to sound painful because you've already replaced so much unnecessary ******. Do me a favor, ask a junk yard, or work something out with someone, and get another dam throttle body on that car, THE ENTIRE throttle body. Reset your ECU, I'll bet you money it'll go away. PM me your email I'll snip the full instructions on how to adjust your TPS with pictures and all. If you know how to work your meter, you should be fine to do it...
Old 08-05-14, 04:51 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

I just can't find that dam post I made on lexusownersclub man I'm still trying though
Old 08-05-14, 04:53 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

And hang on, you CHARGED? Your battery? Or did you In fact replace it? If you just charged it, pop the caps and make sure there's even water in it... My first time battling this like I said was ALL voltage... Bad battery and alt.

You don't know anyone local or a friend of yours perhaps that have GS's?
Old 08-05-14, 07:38 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
And hang on, you CHARGED? Your battery? Or did you In fact replace it? If you just charged it, pop the caps and make sure there's even water in it... My first time battling this like I said was ALL voltage... Bad battery and alt.

You don't know anyone local or a friend of yours perhaps that have GS's?
Now I'm thinking of just doing a gte swap. My car isn't doing it at the moment. I guess aggressive driving activates it. I have a lot going on so I have a few things to handle first.
Old 08-05-14, 08:41 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spindle may be issue they suppose ti get back to me tomorrow.. I dono man im tired of all thesd part swap outs.. I will suggest the replacement of throttle body too u guess and yes got a new battery... I didnt think mine was abs related either but they say traction is related to abs.. so I dono
Old 08-06-14, 12:26 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Well yea it def. Is, but the cars going into limp mode right? Anyhow, now spindle? Lol these guys are nuts....
Old 08-06-14, 10:33 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
Well yea it def. Is, but the cars going into limp mode right? Anyhow, now spindle? Lol these guys are nuts....
I don't know, some of the **** people are saying that their mechanics are mentioning is F'n Bananas to me.

Im leaning towards the fact that the TPS is just slowly failing. My cars traction lights and limp mode come on periodically. Tonight in a 10 min ride, it happened twice for maybe 8 seconds and then went back to normal. I don't know, I'm sure an entire throttle body would fix it, but i don't like not know whats going on. Throwing parts at it with parts on it doesn't really narrow it down. Especially when everything was fine before.
Old 08-06-14, 11:29 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Okay so problem solved... steerint angle sensor issue ...they adjusted and its all good now. Thanks to denali motorsports and stereo efx... u guys are the culprit of fixing the issue!!! best way to fix this problem is real time scanning someone needs to be sitting in your car with one of those expensivescanning tools while you are driving to see what exactly is making the light for the traction go off
Old 08-07-14, 12:00 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iamkhanz
Okay so problem solved... steerint angle sensor issue ...they adjusted and its all good now. Thanks to denali motorsports and stereo efx... u guys are the culprit of fixing the issue!!! best way to fix this problem is real time scanning someone needs to be sitting in your car with one of those expensivescanning tools while you are driving to see what exactly is making the light for the traction go off
Well of course there smart guy, that would be the optimal response to these issues. But for those of us who don't want to take it to the shop, and want to learn how to fix it ourselves, we are limited to simple scanners and multi-meters. k nancy? lol
Old 08-07-14, 07:20 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

honestly man I did that for the past week and a half and it is very.. u gota find someone w real live scanner and problem was verified in about an hr... I feel much better n safer driving the car.im not sure if ur car does the abs braking of one of the wheels to compensate on its own... its not bad when its dry out, but if that abs stuff goes off in rain and car is compensating for something that's not truly happening.. could get you into some trouble....I see it as a way to save myself from a big collision repair bill and piece of mind.. now that our cars r old got the liability insurance lol.. good luck with your issue, these are good cars...the issue I had was an unknown self inflicted issue lol car wasnt one that caused it..

One other thing I wanted to add.. it seems I have to learn this over again sometimes.. the dealership (westside lexus in this case) wasnt good to me. I needed this incident to realize again that dealerships just care to make money and don't care to solve your problems, and maybe they are just following standard protocol..this same diagnostic i did could have been done first time I went to dealer for diagnostics but they chose to lead me to replacing parts that were working perfectly on the car. Very annoying. I know troubleshooting is hard but sometimes you have to take some extra steps but I guess thats all based on experience...

Thanks Club Lexus for such a great information on this forum

Last edited by iamkhanz; 08-07-14 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-22-14, 08:39 AM
jeepandlex
Driver

Could be the Pedal position sensor!!! which is part of the throttle body....it drove wifey nuts for about a month with "dead pedal" Check engine came on after right when it happened, but would go back off again once the problem cleared up. This on/off with the chk engine lite could happen anywhere, at anytime...and only at that one particular hiccup with the car.... so I acutally brought a scan tool with me in the car. Once the problem happened I scanned it and it gave me the PPS code. this was the only time I could read it....if turned the car off, fired her back up again and started driving, the chk engine lite would go off.
Old 09-01-14, 12:41 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Could be.. but in both our cases check engine wasnt on at all... main item to understand is theres no code... no check engine light on.. just traction going off as if car is slipping..or thinking its slipping