Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Auto locking by speed

Old 07-13-14, 07:52 PM   #1
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Auto locking by speed

I've heard that only the 01+ GS's have the feature to auto lock all the doors when driving 10-15 mph. Not sure how true this is but I tried programming it myself in my 98 GS400 and it didnt work. I turned the car to "ON", put it neutral and held the lock button for 5 seconds and released it but it didnt give me confirmation that it was set. Is the auto lock feature only available in the 01 and younger or could it be that my timing is off when setting it?

I've been looking through past threads so please don't harass me on doing so. Majority of the posts were actuator related.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2ndgen400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 08:39 PM   #2
islexusred
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen400 View Post
I've heard that only the 01+ GS's have the feature to auto lock all the doors when driving 10-15 mph. Not sure how true this is but I tried programming it myself in my 98 GS400 and it didnt work. I turned the car to "ON", put it neutral and held the lock button for 5 seconds and released it but it didnt give me confirmation that it was set. Is the auto lock feature only available in the 01 and younger or could it be that my timing is off when setting it?

I've been looking through past threads so please don't harass me on doing so. Majority of the posts were actuator related.
I thought only the Lexus Stealer can do that! i believe they use something called c-best settings...! But i could be wrong.
islexusred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 03:16 AM   #3
77i9
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (13)

I had auto lock on my 98 GS400. But after my front passenger door lock actuator broke and I replaced it, the auto lock stopped working.
77i9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 03:16 AM