GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 01:25 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiger4life
Good thing it's not your car I guess . ..You got pics of your car to share? We need some more content on here like he's posting instead of more criticizing and talking.

Word

Loving the widebody and paint! great job
Old 08-15-14, 02:00 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RoMiLex
Well with every coin comes two sides. Those who like it and those who don't. Im glad he shared his ride. I wasnt trying to tear him down or tell him he should change it. I was just sharing my ideas as well. The door should be able to swing both ways. If someone posted a bright hot pink GS300 with gutted interior and sitting a foot higher on 26" rims do we all have to chime in congratulating. Im guessing most would go the route I did and try to compliment where possible with your own opinion then give constructive criticism

And to the OP, I do apologize for crowding up your thread with this little side track.
Originally Posted by RoMiLex
Leave that spice for the rice.
I understand your point. Our view on cars will always be subjective. I would have done some things differently. What irked me is, this website based community is dying, as everyone prefers instagram. Someone comes on here taking the time to share a build that has much more effort put into it that 99% of the new stuff on this website, and you have complaints. You're entitled to those opinions but no one wants to here it when the rest of the new stuff on here is stuff that has been covered a million times. "How to attach a JP wing?" "Will these 18x7.5 +51 wheels be flush?" "I want to be hellaflush without fender mods and want a full size tire, what do I do?"

You know how many people show up with promising plans and then bolt and we don't here from them again? This guy is actually getting things done. Now I know what my Serialnine fenders will look like painted. Now I know what 7.5 inch lips will look like on my car if I go that route. Now I know what Ganador mirrors would look like. I wouldn't do the Voltex wing, but it looks interesting and fits the look he's going for. My gripe was contribute some content rather than sit behind a computer critiquing someone who took the time to work on his ride and share the results. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but It's easy to say I wouldn't do that, I would do that, .....if you're not doing anything.

Last edited by tiger4life; 08-15-14 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-15-14, 05:40 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... "Will these 18x7.5 +51 wheels be flush?"
LOL Had me dying when I read that part.
Old 08-15-14, 06:04 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

I understand your point. Our view on cars will always be subjective. I would have done some things differently. What irked me is, this website based community is dying, as everyone prefers instagram. Someone comes on here taking the time to share a build that has much more effort put into it that 99% of the new stuff on this website, and you have complaints. You're entitled to those opinions but no one wants to here it when the rest of the new stuff on here is stuff that has been covered a million times. "How to attach a JP wing?" "Will these 18x7.5 +51 wheels be flush?" "I want to be hellaflush without fender mods and want a full size tire, what do I do?"

You know how many people show up with promising plans and then bolt and we don't here from them again? This guy is actually getting things done. Now I know what my Serialnine fenders will look like painted. Now I know what 7.5 inch lips will look like on my car if I go that route. Now I know what Ganador mirrors would look like. I wouldn't do the Voltex wing, but it looks interesting and fits the look he's going for. My gripe was contribute some content rather than sit behind a computer critiquing someone who took the time to work on his ride and share the results. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but It's easy to say I wouldn't do that, I would do that, .....if you're not doing anything.
Sigh* (facepalm)
Im not going to try and respond to everyone that wants to tear me down because they want to highlight what little bad was said. I get what you are saying but you are being a little hyper sensitive.
Old 08-15-14, 06:55 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The ride looks nice, I have seen videos of him drifting this thing, very nice finish
Old 08-28-14, 05:19 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Im buying this kit literally today or tomorrow. Was the fitment decent?
Old 08-31-14, 03:38 PM
NoShowNoGo
Driver School Candidate

How is the fitment of the kit? Your car looks AWESOME!!!
Old 08-31-14, 08:27 PM
Boosted400
Driver School Candidate

One day I will rise to this level of kickassery
Old 01-21-15, 08:34 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the build, actually thinking about doing those fenders when my car finally gets here my only concern was which kit do i pair it with since the serial nine doesnt come with bumpers and side skirts......