Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

AC Blower Motor Question

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-14, 04:37 PM   #1
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 13
Default AC Blower Motor Question

Whats up guys, I'm having a few issues. I have a 98 gs400 and my AC isn't working (no air blows through the vents) and I've been looking at past threads, mostly the one by Sakataj, a DIY on replacting servos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...vo-motors.html

Now im not sure which servo needs to be replaced, the cooling, the mode or air circulation. Or could it be the actual blower fan itself. Any ideas?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2ndgen400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 05:32 PM   #2
FrankT
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 639
Default

I would test your fan blower motor by putting 12 volts to it and see if it works.

My guess is that it's done..R.I.P.
__________________

1998 GS300 210k; white for the wife- Bone stock.
1998 GS400 240k; black for me. BC Racing BR series Coilovers 10k/8k, Daizen control arm bushings.
1991 FJ80 235k; lifted and bumper-ed, ready for expedition.
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 05:46 PM   #3
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 13
Default

Funny thing is I did. It works but the few seconds it does blow air at high speed its not powerful enough as it should be then dies out blowing no more air. Might be a short in the motor or something. At this point I have no idea
2ndgen400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 08:21 PM   #4
FrankT
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 639
Default

Time to replace it...
__________________

1998 GS300 210k; white for the wife- Bone stock.
1998 GS400 240k; black for me. BC Racing BR series Coilovers 10k/8k, Daizen control arm bushings.
1991 FJ80 235k; lifted and bumper-ed, ready for expedition.
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 05:23 PM   #5
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 13
Default

Sounds like my only option. Do you know the part number by any chance?
2ndgen400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 06:22 PM   #6
FrankT
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 639
Default

Lexus part number 87103-30370 about $200
After market FOUR SEASONS #75738 can be had for less than $50
__________________

1998 GS300 210k; white for the wife- Bone stock.
1998 GS400 240k; black for me. BC Racing BR series Coilovers 10k/8k, Daizen control arm bushings.
1991 FJ80 235k; lifted and bumper-ed, ready for expedition.
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 02:36 AM   #7
GSGenesis
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen400 View Post
Funny thing is I did. It works but the few seconds it does blow air at high speed its not powerful enough as it should be then dies out blowing no more air. Might be a short in the motor or something. At this point I have no idea
That's a trip.... If you need one man let me know I actually have a spare one I was going to install in one of the GS's and never ended up even doing it... Neither need it replaced so why should I even bother you know, it's from a 2001 Gs.... I'll hook you up if you end up needing one just holla.... Cool good luck man
GSGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 10:50 AM   #8
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
aneidiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 897
@AirplaneCockpit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen400 View Post
Whats up guys, I'm having a few issues. I have a 98 gs400 and my AC isn't working (no air blows through the vents) and I've been looking at past threads, mostly the one by Sakataj, a DIY on replacting servos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...vo-motors.html

Now im not sure which servo needs to be replaced, the cooling, the mode or air circulation. Or could it be the actual blower fan itself. Any ideas?
Bro I just changed mine. The mode servo. I thought that's the one that controlled the air from which vents they come out right. So I went ahead and changed the mode servo cuz no air was coming out from above my navi system vents nor the feet area. Nothing yet smh. I changed it out. Followed all the instructions on the DIY by Sakataj but nothing. Now I'm starting to wonder why there's still no air coming out the vents.... Now I'm searching deeper to see what ELSE can make air come out from those specific vents. I'm lost right now bro. Just like you.

I hope some kind OGs can help out with our problems.
aneidiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 10:52 AM   #9
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
aneidiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 897
@AirplaneCockpit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
I would test your fan blower motor by putting 12 volts to it and see if it works.

My guess is that it's done..R.I.P.
Can the fan blower be the reason why air don't come out certain vents??? My air comes out fine from both window vents and defrost in the windshields. But not the vents above the navi or feet. Can this still possibly be the fan blower bro?????
aneidiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 10:58 AM   #10
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
aneidiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 897
@AirplaneCockpit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen400 View Post
Funny thing is I did. It works but the few seconds it does blow air at high speed its not powerful enough as it should be then dies out blowing no more air. Might be a short in the motor or something. At this point I have no idea
Bro quick run thru. There's 4 servos all together. 1 on the driver side, 3 on the pass side. The only one on the driver side controls the temperature of the air blowing for the driver side cabin. Can be referred to as the Driver Side COOLING servo. Then on the pass side there's the MODE servo (controls which vents the air comes from FEET+HEAD+FEET&HEAD). Then there's the Pass Side COOLING servo (controls the temp of the air on the pass side cabin). And last is the AIR RECIRCULATION servo. Not sure exactly what it does but most ppl on Sakataj's DIY agreed it doesn't fail. I'm still curious on whether that one has anything to do with air flow thru the vents above the navi system and feet... Mine aren't working after I replaced the mode servo. Ugh

OGs please help
aneidiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 04:56 PM   #11
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneidiaz View Post
Bro quick run thru. There's 4 servos all together. 1 on the driver side, 3 on the pass side. The only one on the driver side controls the temperature of the air blowing for the driver side cabin. Can be referred to as the Driver Side COOLING servo. Then on the pass side there's the MODE servo (controls which vents the air comes from FEET+HEAD+FEET&HEAD). Then there's the Pass Side COOLING servo (controls the temp of the air on the pass side cabin). And last is the AIR RECIRCULATION servo. Not sure exactly what it does but most ppl on Sakataj's DIY agreed it doesn't fail. I'm still curious on whether that one has anything to do with air flow thru the vents above the navi system and feet... Mine aren't working after I replaced the mode servo. Ugh

OGs please help



I'm almost positive that its my blower cause it works then randomly theres no air coming out any vents. As for your issue if replacing the servo didnt work then im not too sure. Hopefully we can get some insight and get this **** fixed lol
2ndgen400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 08:23 PM   #12
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
aneidiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 897
@AirplaneCockpit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen400 View Post

I'm almost positive that its my blower cause it works then randomly theres no air coming out any vents. As for your issue if replacing the servo didnt work then im not too sure. Hopefully we can get some insight and get this **** fixed lol
--- Right right. Hopefully Sakataj himself will try and give us advice. Or any other helpful OG that's had these problems. Let's try and keep this thread active. Lots of 2GS guys suffer from this problem.
aneidiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 02:17 PM   #13
JJaySilver
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
JJaySilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 139
Default

When you put in the new mode servo did you align that white plastic piece on to the servo? I had the same problem when I replaced mines. I took out the servo, and noticed that this thing connects 2 things not one. I had to use two hands.OP remove the glove box, CD changer, and the cabin filter and watch it when its on, replace blower motor if it keeps dying the motor could be going out.
__________________
Silver on Black 2001 GS300.
JJaySilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 03:27 PM   #14
GSGenesis
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 321
Default

I'll send you pics of the blower motor I have k
GSGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 04:25 PM   #15
bonesnj0
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
bonesnj0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 52
Default

I would hook up 12v to motor if it cuts out then motor is bad!
the other problem sounds like servo is bad not allowing air to flow where it should.
bonesnj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 04:25 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
a/c, blower motor, gs400, servo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY on changing servo motors sakataj GS - Second Generation 383 08-28-14 05:07 PM
DIY Repairing Air Mix Servomotors fingershop GS - Second Generation 71 05-13-14 01:00 PM
HELP! Does anyone know the part # for airmix servo? xlinkx IS - Second Generation 2 02-14-13 11:41 PM
How to fix your Servo Motors! Complete guide. Odinson GS - Second Generation 9 10-29-12 01:41 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info