GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

AC Blower Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 04:33 PM
2ndgen400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Went to the junkyard today and picked one up. Everything is working fine now. The blower motor was definitely going bad
Old 07-02-14, 05:07 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
I'll send you pics of the blower motor I have k
--- Can you please post the pics of the blower plz bro?
Old 07-02-14, 05:12 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
When you put in the new mode servo did you align that white plastic piece on to the servo? I had the same problem when I replaced mines. I took out the servo, and noticed that this thing connects 2 things not one. I had to use two hands.OP remove the glove box, CD changer, and the cabin filter and watch it when its on, replace blower motor if it keeps dying the motor could be going out.
--- JJaySilver when I installed my new mode servo I did make sure that white arm when into the groove on the side. Now when you mention that's there's 2 things not one I'm a little confused... Can you explain that a little more? And when you take out the air filter, what do you watch exactly? Like when you switch thru out the modes how that white arm moves up and down? Please explain again bro. I'll keep dismantling that dash till those vents work again. I can't take it in this heat with this "halfway" AC lol. I get NO AIR from vents above navigation system nor foot area.
Old 07-03-14, 03:44 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
--- JJaySilver when I installed my new mode servo I did make sure that white arm when into the groove on the side. Now when you mention that's there's 2 things not one I'm a little confused... Can you explain that a little more? And when you take out the air filter, what do you watch exactly? Like when you switch thru out the modes how that white arm moves up and down? Please explain again bro. I'll keep dismantling that dash till those vents work again. I can't take it in this heat with this "halfway" AC lol. I get NO AIR from vents above navigation system nor foot area.
Get to the mode servo and get it loose, apart from that white plastic arm (its the door/flap for the windshield vent), there was this other arm (you can't miss it, it has a nipple tip on the end) that has to connect to a slot on the servo's white piece (it opens the door/flap to the vents above the nav, floor, and rear passengers. I didn't remember much since I did this earlier this year. I had to realign both those arms while holding the servo in place; watching it work, I see they both move together, air blows where they should, no other problems, that's it. The part about removing the cabin air filter was to watch the blower motor spin watching its performance, OP already replaced the motor, and you don't have to worry about that because it wasn't pertaining to your problem. If its blowing out the windshield vents and both ends of the dash, your blower is working; just one of the arms is disconnected. Hopefully after you align them, it works. Mines blows at 55 deg. Fl heat no joke.
Old 07-03-14, 10:42 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Get to the mode servo and get it loose, apart from that white plastic arm (its the door/flap for the windshield vent), there was this other arm (you can't miss it, it has a nipple tip on the end) that has to connect to a slot on the servo's white piece (it opens the door/flap to the vents above the nav, floor, and rear passengers. I didn't remember much since I did this earlier this year. I had to realign both those arms while holding the servo in place; watching it work, I see they both move together, air blows where they should, no other problems, that's it. The part about removing the cabin air filter was to watch the blower motor spin watching its performance, OP already replaced the motor, and you don't have to worry about that because it wasn't pertaining to your problem. If its blowing out the windshield vents and both ends of the dash, your blower is working; just one of the arms is disconnected. Hopefully after you align them, it works. Mines blows at 55 deg. Fl heat no joke.
--- JJaySilver THANK YOU SO MUCH. All I recall installing was the arm connected onto the servo into the wall groove. I will take it apart again tomorrow and reread your post very carefully... I wish you had pics up of this. It sounds like exactly what's wrong with my car. If you this is it I'll let you know bro ASAP. Again thank you for your advice. It really strikes a cord in my mind as to it may be the solution to my problem. You know how long I've been riding without good air flow from the vents above the navi and feet? I PRAY THIS IS IT. I will get to it ASAP tomorrow morning first thing....
Old 07-03-14, 11:21 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. I actually forgot that I bought new servos after I put my whole dash back in. I just got under there and rushed it with Sakataj's DIY, then had to go back in and realign the mode servo. Didn't really think about taking any pics, I didn't have a camera back then.
Old 07-03-14, 11:33 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

No problem. I actually forgot that I bought new servos after I put my whole dash back in. I just got under there and rushed it with Sakataj's DIY, then had to go back in and realign the mode servo. Didn't really think about taking any pics, I didn't have a camera back then.
--- JJaySilver Thanks Again! I hope what your telling me leads me to the resolution. I mean I'm pretty sure I looked at everything around the servo and that I pretty much installed everything correctly. But then again I might've missed it. I only hooked that white arm onto the groove then tightened up all 4 screws to the servo. I'll be looking VERY CAREFULLY for that little white nipple LOL
Old 07-05-14, 03:50 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Where the tip of my index is where I connected the little metal piece into the white arm. I took this pic after I did because I had to align both parts with both hands. THANK YOU SO MUCH BRO --- JJaySilver

AC Blower Motor Question-forumrunner_20140705_184911.png

Last edited by aneidiaz; 07-05-14 at 05:38 PM.