GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Woohoo fresh off the Fedex truck!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-14, 12:36 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
pm sent about that...I really want to do one, also got some custom stuff I just completed yesterday..

nice brembos, what pot are they?

op, I got my polished ls4's from chrispy with pads, rotors and calipers for like $250, could not pass that deal up. you will also need minimum 17mm rca for this set up to work
And most likely 15mm spacers, dam I like the look of those polished up calipers man, I'm currently rebuilding my set, and am at that stage of either painting them, (or powder coating of course) or polishing these bad boys up dam. Would like to see what that looks like on a white Gs... Anyhow can't wait to toss these bad boys on, just need rotors... Got my calipers with brand new pads for $110 shipped! They were filthy as all hell but I was going to rebuild them anyhow. What you guys running for rear calipers? I thought I read someone mention running stock Gs fronts in the rear, can't be true right? Also I really dig the looks of cross drilled and slotted, they are def. Just for looks I know, which I love! but dam, if they are going chirp, I can't deal with that at ALL! One thing I despise more than anything, is pulling up to a stop sign and hearing my breaks make any noise... Slotted I think I will go. Dig the set you got with yours ^^ with the brembo's those look perfect!
Old 06-23-14, 08:17 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
And most likely 15mm spacers, dam I like the look of those polished up calipers man, I'm currently rebuilding my set, and am at that stage of either painting them, (or powder coating of course) or polishing these bad boys up dam. Would like to see what that looks like on a white Gs... Anyhow can't wait to toss these bad boys on, just need rotors... Got my calipers with brand new pads for $110 shipped! They were filthy as all hell but I was going to rebuild them anyhow. What you guys running for rear calipers? I thought I read someone mention running stock Gs fronts in the rear, can't be true right? Also I really dig the looks of cross drilled and slotted, they are def. Just for looks I know, which I love! but dam, if they are going chirp, I can't deal with that at ALL! One thing I despise more than anything, is pulling up to a stop sign and hearing my breaks make any noise... Slotted I think I will go. Dig the set you got with yours ^^ with the brembo's those look perfect!
both bigty and chrispy have white gs's with polished ls400
Old 06-23-14, 08:49 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SicilyGS4
That's the main reason I'm doing it, my stock rotors/brakes are horrible they just don't do it, it's pathetic...
If they do what they are supposed to do, I'd put them on even if they howl like a pack of wolves. Some people just have a more aggressive taste than others. To each their own.
Old 06-24-14, 03:33 AM
Chankeye
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looks good. like the color.
Thanks, I'm not usually a fan of bright colors, so we'll see how this works lol.

pm sent about that...I really want to do one, also got some custom stuff I just completed yesterday..

nice brembos, what pot are they?

op, I got my polished ls4's from chrispy with pads, rotors and calipers for like $250, could not pass that deal up. you will also need minimum 17mm rca for this set up to work
4 pot calipers, it's a brembo 14inch GT kit for the most part.

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
thanks, slotted is the only way to go. LS400 calipers with some slotted rotors, ss lines, and a good set of pads will be plenty for most people. I'll be using stock rear calipers with slotted rotors. It's a street car and will be fine since the fronts do most of the braking anyways.
Old 06-24-14, 03:58 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I did mine in G2 yellow and they "pop" pretty good on the white...
Old 06-24-14, 10:42 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I did mine in G2 yellow and they "pop" pretty good on the white...
post pics dude!!
Old 06-25-14, 01:55 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

post pics dude!!
not the best but all i have at the moment

Old 06-25-14, 09:21 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea we were putting on the new brakes and what'd ya know one piston on the drivers side caliper is stuck/frozen so I figured ok cool I wanna upgrade anyway but I can't figure out what I need for stock setup so I just ordered another gs 400 caliper and bought some G2 in black white lexus logos, oh well I'm happy....oh and btw those "crickets" that y'all were speaking of I can't hear anything at all seriously theirs nothing... Strange I've never dealt with that and I'm happy I don't have to, car feels amazing!!!!!
Old 06-25-14, 09:23 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

nice tm, are those ls4's? they look a little different for some reason
Old 06-25-14, 09:36 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look like Wilwood calipers to me.
Old 06-26-14, 03:22 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chankeye
Thanks, I'm not usually a fan of bright colors, so we'll see how this works lol.

4 pot calipers, it's a brembo 14inch GT kit for the most part.

thanks, slotted is the only way to go. LS400 calipers with some slotted rotors, ss lines, and a good set of pads will be plenty for most people. I'll be using stock rear calipers with slotted rotors. It's a street car and will be fine since the fronts do most of the braking anyways.
Yea for sure, but just for I guess, Looks sake? I would like to put something matching in the rear, I guess just color matching the stock rears to my fronts, thought we'd have other options, how about supra rears? I'll look into those.. But what kind of rotors did you pick up? Would those rotors run with the LS400's? Is that set up you got there the same size comparability or? Thanks bro!
Old 06-26-14, 03:24 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Look like Wilwood calipers to me.
Yea seem to be if I can see it correctly
Old 06-26-14, 03:25 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

both bigty and chrispy have white gs's with polished ls400
Nice thanks bro
Old 06-26-14, 03:46 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Didn't update but yea brakes and rotors are on they feel freaking amazing and so smooth glad my baby drives like a lexus should I'm very happy!
Old 06-26-14, 05:32 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

[QUOTE="SicilyGS4;8600814"]Didn't update but yea brakes and rotors are on they feel freaking amazing and so smooth glad my baby drives like a lexus should I'm very happy![/QUOTE

let's see those pics

Quick Reply: Woohoo fresh off the Fedex truck!