Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Head Unit Going Bad... Suggestions?

Old 05-28-14, 06:51 PM   #1
Behemoth7
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Head Unit Going Bad... Suggestions?

Hey guys, my head unit is artifacting and the sound is kind of tinny(don't know if that's how it normally sounds). I was thinking I would explore my options as far as a replacement goes.

I was wondering, with replacing it with another factory head unit, would I ever be able to hook up an amp or a subwoofer? Would I be able to install the factory nav head unit without modification?

If I did decide to get an aftermarket headunit, I would have to pay someone to connect my steering wheel controls to it, seeing as how there isn't an adapter made for my car.

Anyone else had to make this decision?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Behemoth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 07:21 PM   #2
NorthStyle
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (13)

To my knowledge, if you're using another 2GS nav head unit then it should be plug and play. As for hooking up an amp and sub, I'm fairly certain someone's done it before, but you should check in the DIY thread as the information would most likely be there... or maybe someone else will chime in later.

As for connecting an aftermarket receiver and getting it to work with the steering wheel controls, there's a thread from another user who figured out how to get it to work, however he'd be the one to ask since I was just going to use the remote that came with my Pioneer.
NorthStyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 07:21 PM