GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Abs Sensor Changed. Vsc,vsc off,abs light still on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-14, 06:47 AM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Abs Sensor Changed. Vsc,vsc off,abs light still on?

So i replaced the front driver and passenger ABS Sensors. Ive driven about 25 miles so far and the lights are still on. I also tryed jumping the diagnostic box in the engine ec1 tc1 that didnt work also. Do i have to drive more or do i have to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu? Any help would be greatly appreciated i tryed searching!
Old 05-24-14, 07:06 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly it could take up to 50 miles, but usually doesn't, but every time I've had a code and replaced what may have been the causing issue, I've disconnected my batt. Then waiting to see if it would return, rather than it turning off.... But 25 miles sounds like if it was going to, I'm sorry to be negative but, it prob should have by now. Try resetting and see if she comes back on. What code was it exactly?
Old 05-24-14, 10:54 AM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Ah okay man i appreciate the reply! But it was just the abs,vsc,vsc off light that came up. I had my mechanic cheack it he said it was the both front abs wheels sensors. So i got both used. So ill try disconnecting the battery for like an hour mybe? Thanks again!
Old 05-24-14, 11:12 AM
offbad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd check both.

get the abs light read.

last time i replaced mine it took like 5 mins of driving to clear.
Old 05-24-14, 09:16 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Make sure they sit in all they way too.
If you have lowered susp. if not mounted correctly the ABS sensor gets yanked out when you turn the wheel etc.
Old 05-24-14, 09:23 PM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

I made sure they fit snugg but ill look at them again tommorow. And yes i am lowered, ill try the battery thing if not, monday il have them ran and see whats up. Thanks guys
Old 05-25-14, 02:00 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

do yourself a favor and buy an obd2 interface device so you can read codes and reset them as needed.

You can either get a full standalone device, or just an device that then connects to your android or iphone where you have an app for the user interface.
They are not expensive, and you can find them on amazon.

This will pay off just in time savings if you do anything with cars.
Old 05-25-14, 06:07 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

definitely get a scanner. theyre like 20 bucks now a days

as for resetting the car with the battery off. just disconnect the battery and turn your key to the on position. that will discharge any capacitors that might have some charge in them.

i had this problem once but i just went and bought a new abs sensor and after i resetted the car it was gone. that was something like 5 years ago
Old 05-26-14, 07:10 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Yea that's to bad your mechanic didn't actually tell you the codes man. I got my money on this not being a ABS sensor issue man. Hate to sound negative but I battled those two dam lights on for quite some time until I got them to actually shut off, and shut off for good. (Well until now....) I replaced pretty much every possible culprit that those codes leave open for speculation, such BS. Good luck to you and hope you can report back with some codes my man.
Old 05-26-14, 09:19 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You really ought to have the codes pulled. There are too many things that could be wrong that have nothing to do with what you think the lights mean. For instance, my VSC, VSC off lights were on a while back. I had just changed the timing belt. As it turns out the belt had jumped a couple of teeth. There is no way I would have figured that out just based on the lights. Take it to Advanced Auto, AutoZone, Pep Boys, Oreilly's or somebody. They will read the codes for free. You'll save your self some time and maybe some money.
Old 05-27-14, 12:37 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

None of those places offer code readings for check engine lights anymore. Huge lawsuit a while back that stopped all that. They were reading people's codes and diagnosing (trying to diagnose) the codes issues with what they, the individual that ram the test, with what his unlicensed opinion, which put them in big trouble. If you can find a place to do it for free, honestly that's awesome. In Cali they'll only tell you if you A)Have a bad battery, and B) they'll check your alternator for ya too. Hahaha besides that, they'll lend ya a tool!
Old 05-27-14, 12:51 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Just give it some time, i had the exact same situation and the codes just cleared themselves away. 1000km later and no codes have come back.
Old 05-27-14, 04:35 PM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

So i got the codes read. There CO200 which is right front wheel sensor. The other C1223 ABS system fault. The guy is sending me a new front right sensor.
Old 05-27-14, 04:57 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you ever clear the codes from the original fault? If not, you may not need new sensors if they've already been replaced. Clear the codes (disconnect the battery) and see if they come back.
Old 05-27-14, 06:04 PM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ttaylor993
Did you ever clear the codes from the original fault? If not, you may not need new sensors if they've already been replaced. Clear the codes (disconnect the battery) and see if they come back.
Yes i did and they didnt shut off :/ He tried to clear them today after he read it but it still stayed on.

Quick Reply: Abs Sensor Changed. Vsc,vsc off,abs light still on?