GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 12:15 PM
MsGGS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, yes I plan to mod the car. Just haven't since I just relocated. I am def interested in LexusGirls and car shows. New to the ClubLexus Forum also. Been watching my x on here and now decided time to get active.
Old 07-31-14, 01:24 PM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MsGGS460
Oh, yes I plan to mod the car. Just haven't since I just relocated. I am def interested in LexusGirls and car shows. New to the ClubLexus Forum also. Been watching my x on here and now decided time to get active.
well welcome to CL!! idk if you have Instagram or not but if you do, follow LexusGirls (main page) and LexusGirlsSE (thats the sc nc ga area) how far are you from the Charlotte area? i'm personally in charleston SC but i go to NC for random events. like theres' one in NC in november that i'll be at. and maybe one in august too, but i'm not sure haha
Old 08-08-14, 06:47 PM
HeatNuts
Driver School Candidate

Hey, all. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Keenan, and I am no stranger to the whole "car scene/message board" life as I have help run local regional message boards in the past and have had my fair share of money pits.

I just bought a 99 Spectra Blue Mica GS300 about a month ago from a buddy who just had too many damn toys. I was happy to take it off his hands.

I'm here to learn more about these cars and to figure out what you guys are doing to these things.

Cheers.

Last edited by HeatNuts; 08-08-14 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-10-14, 09:56 AM
tman6925
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey CL! I've had my gs for a little while now but figured since I'm always reading the forums here I should put up my gs. My name is Travis and I'm in Washington State. I would like to get to know some local laid back lexus owners I come from the Honda game. I've done a few nice builds. Figured it was time to step it up though, I wanted something sexy and comfortable. Anyway I have a black 2000 GS400. It's pretty much stock, besides a Weapon R intake and the rear muffler deletes. Put some IS350 wheels on it, I really like the oem wheel look. Also have a Junction replica grill. I plan to do many more mods, Next I want to lower it, get headers, an srt intake, hks exhaust, tint the windows so I can drive in privacy lol upgrade the brakes and haven't decided if I want to do a lip or a Vertex body kit.

Just had a bath and installed IS350 wheels.

Looking clean.

Front is pretty clean. Little bit of wear marks on driver seat but hey, it's a 14 year old car lol.

Nakamachi

Rear is pretty clean.
Old 08-19-14, 10:22 AM
songgvilay
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, I'm Justin. I'm a freshman at Georgia State in Downtown Atlanta. I also own a 1993 Civic Si (completely stock). Before I bought this GS, I did have a 1999 RX300. Didn't really like SUVs, so I decided to sell it after owning it for a year. Sold it to a family friend for about $4600. Picked up this 2000 GS300 last week. 164k miles, good service record. Previous owner was a 68 year old guy who babied this car for the most part and was also the first owner. He was originally asking $5800, but I talked him down $4900 in return that dad will service his IS300 and Camry for cheap (dad is an ex lexus technician, currently a tech at Toyota since 2004). Base trim GS300, Silver with grey interior. Interior is great for the most part, just need to reupholster arm rest and needs a new shift **** since the leather has deteriorated. Only thing that's done to it is just insane tint (i think only 10% of light is coming through?).

I already have the majority of my plans mapped out. It'll be a very very slow build since I'm a student (although my tuition is only $1200 lol), but its the end result that matters. My plans are kazz sport grill, Aristo window visors, Aristo chrome door handles, custom halo front lights, JP 3-piece wing, JP rear LED taillights, coilovers that keep as much of the lexus ride quality as possible (i only want to lower my GS a few inches and not have to worry about speed bumps and getting up my driveway), Tanabe medallion exhaust, and work VS-XX (thinking about 18x9.5). I'm keeping it pretty simple. I don't know about front lip/skirts/etc just yet. Don't really know what i should do with the interior besides a better OEM wheel and all wood shift ****. I think curtains/etc is overkill for me my own car personally.

anyways, photos!

Last edited by songgvilay; 08-19-14 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-20-14, 10:03 AM
miz2jz
Driver School Candidate

Hi CL,

I have a silver 2gs3 with grey interior on Megan EZ coils with drilled and slotted rotors. I have a poineer double din with a 12" sub, no exhaust just straight pipe with slanted tips, HID 5k head lights and fog lights. Going to replace the daytime running lights.

Old 08-20-14, 10:30 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

<Sweet Car, Welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 08-20-14, 11:01 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

welcome to the forums
Old 08-21-14, 10:24 AM
Jadegreen
Driver School Candidate

Hiyas,
My wife and i went out to buy a car last year with our tax check and wound up coming home with a 99 GS300. This has truly become my favorite vehicle since my old jaguar years back.

Been lurking around here since we got the car and have enjoyed the forum's abundant wealth of info. and love of these cars. So, I wanted to join to get some help(i think it's ball joint time) and hopefully contrib where possible.

Thank you for an awesome site and to the community for all the help!

Regards,

Carl

1. Imperial Jade Green
2. Tan
3.The usual?
4. Still the Lexus Sound
5. None (yet)
6. Best car ever!
7. DC Metro area
8. No good pics yet
Old 08-21-14, 11:57 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

<Welcome to Club Lexus! I love my GS. Ball joints would definitely be the first thing to replace!
Old 08-25-14, 05:32 PM
Texas300
Driver School Candidate

I bought my first Lexus this weekend. Coming from a Subaru. Its an 03 gs 300 with 112k miles. Exterior is white and interior is tan. I wanted black on black, but this one had the Mark Levinson sound and the GPS. Its stock. The only things wrong were three bad door lock actuators and a bad CD player. I planned on replacing the CD changer with the GROM unit so that didn't matter but I used it as pricing leverage. I'm working on finding a deal on door lock actuators and will have them replaced. Its stockand I plan to keep it that way and use it as my commuter car.
Old 08-26-14, 12:02 AM
warren52nz
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 GS450h - Which generation?

Hi Guys
Just joined. Looking for info on my model but I don't even know what generation it is. It's a 2007 GS450h. Anyone?
Thanks
Old 08-26-14, 06:51 AM
Kevin661
Driver School Candidate

Hello CL, new to the board and just wanted to say hello. Currently on the hunt for a GS3 with plans for a gte swap.
Old 08-26-14, 08:45 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warren52nz
Hi Guys
Just joined. Looking for info on my model but I don't even know what generation it is. It's a 2007 GS450h. Anyone?
Thanks
Hey, i believe that this would be a 3rd Gen GS. i believe 3rd gen is 2005 - 2011, or somewhere in that range. hope that helps
Old 08-26-14, 02:13 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by songgvilay
Hi guys, I'm Justin. I'm a freshman at Georgia State in Downtown Atlanta. I also own a 1993 Civic Si (completely stock). Before I bought this GS, I did have a 1999 RX300. Didn't really like SUVs, so I decided to sell it after owning it for a year. Sold it to a family friend for about $4600. Picked up this 2000 GS300 last week. 164k miles, good service record. Previous owner was a 68 year old guy who babied this car for the most part and was also the first owner. He was originally asking $5800, but I talked him down $4900 in return that dad will service his IS300 and Camry for cheap (dad is an ex lexus technician, currently a tech at Toyota since 2004). Base trim GS300, Silver with grey interior. Interior is great for the most part, just need to reupholster arm rest and needs a new shift **** since the leather has deteriorated. Only thing that's done to it is just insane tint (i think only 10% of light is coming through?).

I already have the majority of my plans mapped out. It'll be a very very slow build since I'm a student (although my tuition is only $1200 lol), but its the end result that matters. My plans are kazz sport grill, Aristo window visors, Aristo chrome door handles, custom halo front lights, JP 3-piece wing, JP rear LED taillights, coilovers that keep as much of the lexus ride quality as possible (i only want to lower my GS a few inches and not have to worry about speed bumps and getting up my driveway), Tanabe medallion exhaust, and work VS-XX (thinking about 18x9.5). I'm keeping it pretty simple. I don't know about front lip/skirts/etc just yet. Don't really know what i should do with the interior besides a better OEM wheel and all wood shift ****. I think curtains/etc is overkill for me my own car personally.

anyways, photos!

Beautiful car, Justin. Welcome to ClubLexus and college. Don't study too hard!

Originally Posted by warren52nz
Hi Guys
Thanks
Warren, have yourself a look in this GS450h specific sub-forum. Click Here

Also, the 2007 GS belongs to the 3rd generation (2006-2011).

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE