GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-14, 12:53 PM
Urbandplmt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello all...New member

Picked up a 2004 in GREAT condition recently. Looking forward to being a part of the community
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-photogrid_1398742113289.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
QLex300 (12-17-21)
Old 04-29-14, 01:15 PM
GS4001999
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 GS 400 Pearl White 218,000 miles The only thing i just did is paint the car a couple of weeks ago. I need some ideas and some help.
Old 04-29-14, 03:52 PM
akafixture
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by littlebird
In my opinion, they're very worth the money going in it for upkeep. mine just hit 337,000 miles this past saturday. we've had to fix some things here and there, but she's a champ. they really are amazing cars. if you take care of them, they last.
Now that is amazing! Do you just go the recommended maintenance intervals?

Jonathan
Old 04-30-14, 02:02 AM
mpalomares
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

my names Matt and I'm new to CL and the lexus fam and so far im impressed but also sad that I didn't know about the Lexus lifestyle along time ago! lol I have a 1999 GS300 Black interior and black leather interior. as of now no mods or anything but its still as crispy as it was when it came off the line lol

As for now im on here trying to learn how to repair and do maintenance on my car myself since I was spending THOUSANDS on shop cost for my last car (bmw aka Blowing Money Weekly). im so glad I don't have to deal with those crappy cars anymore and look forward to keeping my gs well maintained and hopefully once im skilled enough move onto the body mods.
Old 04-30-14, 07:49 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mpalomares
Hi guys,

my names Matt and I'm new to CL and the lexus fam and so far im impressed but also sad that I didn't know about the Lexus lifestyle along time ago! lol I have a 1999 GS300 Black interior and black leather interior. as of now no mods or anything but its still as crispy as it was when it came off the line lol

As for now im on here trying to learn how to repair and do maintenance on my car myself since I was spending THOUSANDS on shop cost for my last car (bmw aka Blowing Money Weekly). im so glad I don't have to deal with those crappy cars anymore and look forward to keeping my gs well maintained and hopefully once im skilled enough move onto the body mods.
Welcome to the club. This forum has saved me thousands of dollars. Just be willing to do a little searching first and people will be glad to help you.
Old 04-30-14, 09:08 PM
joshyee
Driver School Candidate

Hello, glad to be part of such a great community. Totaled my G35 last month and since I have my first baby on the way, I figured it was time to get a reliable family car/commuter. So i found my first 99 GS 300. Goodbye G35Driver, hello ClubLexus.

106k miles
Alpine Silver GS300
Grey Interior
No mods (yet)
Everything stock i believe.

Cant wait to get started on things with this. I did see in this forum already about replacing the ball joints if you hear some noise when you turn. Should be doing this this weekend. Post pics later when it's more presentable. It's just a base all stock GS300.
Old 05-01-14, 01:06 PM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by akafixture
Now that is amazing! Do you just go the recommended maintenance intervals?

Jonathan
yup. got a stack of paperwork and receipts thicker than the owner's manual. haha
Old 05-01-14, 01:09 PM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by joshyee
Hello, glad to be part of such a great community. Totaled my G35 last month and since I have my first baby on the way, I figured it was time to get a reliable family car/commuter. So i found my first 99 GS 300. Goodbye G35Driver, hello ClubLexus.

106k miles
Alpine Silver GS300
Grey Interior
No mods (yet)
Everything stock i believe.

Cant wait to get started on things with this. I did see in this forum already about replacing the ball joints if you hear some noise when you turn. Should be doing this this weekend. Post pics later when it's more presentable. It's just a base all stock GS300.

welcome to CL! and congrats about the little one on the way. that's the same reason i got my GS (plus many other reasons). my little one is now 7 months old, and a perk is that the rear facing carseats for newborns and infants fit nicely in the back seat!! and the trunk can fit a big bulky stroller
Old 05-01-14, 01:22 PM
dbogotti92
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so clean wow ^^^
Old 05-09-14, 03:22 PM
HANS0L0
Driver School Candidate

Hi y'all

New to the forum and new to being a Lexus owner.

My name is Hans and I just purchased a beautiful 2005 GS300 with a near flawless interior (exterior is in great shape also). Car is black exterior / black interior. Has 111K on the odometer.

First thing I had done to it a week after buying was the timing belt and water pump as well as a thorough overall checkup. Car is in excellent mechanical condition.

No mods yet. First thing will be a nice window tint all around including tint visor on the windshield. Next a bit of de-badging and blacking out with plasti dip, then rim options etc. Don't think I'm gonna mess with the suspension.

I already have some pics up from another post, but I will throw em up here again. I am super excited about this purchase. This car has been WELL taken care of by 2 previous owners. Lady I bought from is a Realtor and this was her "showin' folks around car". The pics below were taken by the seller. I will get up some of my own pics later when I have done some work on it.

Last edited by HANS0L0; 05-09-14 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-12-14, 09:12 AM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by HANS0L0
Hi y'all

New to the forum and new to being a Lexus owner.

My name is Hans and I just purchased a beautiful 2005 GS300 with a near flawless interior (exterior is in great shape also). Car is black exterior / black interior. Has 111K on the odometer.

First thing I had done to it a week after buying was the timing belt and water pump as well as a thorough overall checkup. Car is in excellent mechanical condition.

No mods yet. First thing will be a nice window tint all around including tint visor on the windshield. Next a bit of de-badging and blacking out with plasti dip, then rim options etc. Don't think I'm gonna mess with the suspension.

I already have some pics up from another post, but I will throw em up here again. I am super excited about this purchase. This car has been WELL taken care of by 2 previous owners. Lady I bought from is a Realtor and this was her "showin' folks around car". The pics below were taken by the seller. I will get up some of my own pics later when I have done some work on it.

very clean! good buy. you'll definitely appreciate black badges (if i read that right). mine has black badges and i love them.
definitely lots of options for wheels/rims with the GS because so many of them look great on the car!
Old 05-12-14, 10:47 AM
HANS0L0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by littlebird
very clean! good buy. you'll definitely appreciate black badges (if i read that right). mine has black badges and i love them.
definitely lots of options for wheels/rims with the GS because so many of them look great on the car!
Thanks.

They are great looking cars for sure.
Old 05-12-14, 11:22 AM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by HANS0L0
Thanks.

They are great looking cars for sure.
i'm still head over heels in love with mine.
Old 05-12-14, 08:28 PM
ksaun
Driver School Candidate

new member checking in from Toronto, Ontario

Moving to this gs300 from having a s14 before. loving the reliability and not being pulled over ever other week for driving a street heater. picked it up in January and threw on my SSR Gartmaier's as soon as the snow dried up. It also has stance coilovers and a TRD 1.5 way diff. will be doing some more small upgrades as the year progresses.

Originally Posted by NoPulp
If youdon't mind me asking, what is that in front of your headlight?
headlight washer nozzles that came standard on our canadian models.
Old 05-14-14, 05:52 PM
Jcamaro123
Driver School Candidate

Default 1st Lexus~

I was/am so happy that I got my first one! I've been waiting forever to find one I like...
Found a black/black 98 gs400; very fast and handles awesome...
Has a major issue though (bought it anyway) - (it can be fixed is my thinking) my CEL light isn't coming on when i turn the key to acc. position to start it... I hooked up my scanner and it will not communicate; the scanner goes through 3/4 of the initiation; but say's no go at the end.
This car has 220k on it and others put nitro in it; cut both post cat o2 sensors... I just am trying to figure out how to communicate with it so I can keep my newly found awesomeness happy...

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE