GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-15, 08:12 AM
margate300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so here goes. .I purchased my 2003 gs last feb. It has about 83k on it parchment pearl white with the ivory interior. .of which I dislike. .but low miles and an ok deal I own it. I have a dvd touch screen with xm and a single 10 sub with aftermarket components. Niche 19x8 all around and a set of isc n1 coilovers. With megan rcas. Diazen front bushings. Planning future mods of exhaust, brakes, and some lips frt and back before it gets a turbo. .

Old 04-13-15, 05:52 PM
JbaxGS430
Driver School Candidate

Default 2001 gs430

Im Jeremy from Florida.
I have a 2001 GS430.
Plasti-dipped stock rims, plastid front bumper, side mirrors, and side trim. Blacked out tail lights and lowered 1' on Swift Springs.
Silver painted calipers, starting to chip, unfortunately.
Running without mufflers at the moment, gives it an aggressive sound so its easier to prompt people to race

Kids at school took off my mufflers, decided to keep it that way until i get tired of it - not even close yet. love that V8 growl

Old 04-14-15, 05:09 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to the forums..... must be pretty loud with no mufflers...
Old 04-19-15, 02:28 PM
childsplay
Driver School Candidate

Default 1999 & 2001 GS300 Rookie

Just recently purchased a 99 and 2001 GS300. Copped the 99 in good condition w/ 224k mi for a only $3k on CL and 2 weeks later I came across the 2001 in even better condition minus a bent hood hood w/ only 150k mi for $4500. (Kinda felt it was steep, but I really wanted it at that moment so wth.

99 info:

Bought it with 20in wheels, crappy taillights, HIDs in foggy stock headlights, aftermarket cd player, and cut springs (swapping out with Tein coilovers from the 01). Needs rear main seal, front crank seal, timing belt/water pump, motor mounts, and ball joints (all parts purchased, just need to install).

Plans:
Originally was going to do a full VIP build on this car with a 2jz-gte swap (purchased from Oasis Automotive in Houston for $2k via CL), bagged, full interior, complete audio upgrade, and new paint until I copped the 2001. Now this will just be a reliable daily driver.

Below with the Spec-D LED Tails

2001 GS300

Came with 19inch Axis wheels, HIDs in Headlights and fogs, and Tein coilovers.
I immediately transferred the plans from the 99 onto this one and got straight to work.

Plans:
2jz-gte swap w/ single turbo (500-600 rwhp goal)
Bags
Diamond stitched seats, suede headliner, door panels, new carpet keeping factory color scheme.
Paint & minor body work. (keeping it white)
New rollers (undecided between 19s or 20s). Going with the white, chrome and gold theme for the vehicle.
Pretty much been stocking up on parts and doing minor upgrades that I can handle myself such as
Full audio install:
Kenwood 372BT head unit,
Focal Access 165 AS component set (front)
Focal Access 165 coaxials (rear)
JL Audio 10w0 (rear deck)
JL Audio 700.5 amp (installed in place of cd changer behind glove compartment **EASY/STEALTH)
Copper wires everywhere
Dynamat on doors and rear deck

Top Speed cat back exhaust (huge headache to do alone without a lift)
New headlights (trash spec-d projectors that I will be replacing with Q45 retrofits,
stripped the old tint and replaced with 35% up front and 20% in the rear,
New windshield (original was cracked)
Cross drilled/slotted brakes and new pads and painted the rotors
Clear sidemarkers
Replaced damaged hood with used one that I plasti-dipped horribly in black instead of riding around in green.
Viper 5706v alarm installed via Houston Car Stereo
LEDs inside/out
Yakima Roof rack

Old 04-20-15, 09:02 PM
cali99300
Driver School Candidate

Default New shoes and socks

Well, I am no longer new here, but I just procured new shoes and socks. Hankook v12 evo K-120's front are 245/35 on 19x8.5 AG m590 et35 and the rear are 275/30 on 19x9.5 et40.
I like the old shoes and socks (245/35 Toyos on Hipnotic Blur 20x8.5 et35), they're just not my style.
As soon as I get a camera, I'll post some better photos.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-99-gs300-new-shoes-and-socks.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-99-gs300-old-shoes-and-socks.jpg  
Old 04-21-15, 02:00 PM
xxotic
Driver School Candidate

Default new owner

hi guy im Dom from canada. I've had my 99 gs400 for awhile now and thought id join club lexus. For the last year ive own it. ive done the following.... custom built exhaust With single core shorty high flow cats TRD underbody 4 point chassis upr TRD strut bar CUSCO rear adj strut bar. weapon R intake. aluminum fluid tank. silcone hosing. new black paint with gold metallic peral. led interior lighting. Painted customed original oem hid headlights with led etc. glow in dark engine bay covers rims and brakes. port polished heads and manfold.Wired in custom signal lights on fenders. Tint spray tailights from jap spec aristo.
Engine bay led lighting. Just installed today flexlight 15 in fan with stainless steel upr and lwr rad hosing. Building custom supercharger to fit under the hood. Thats just the little things to for now To much to name.

[/PHP]

Last edited by xxotic; 04-21-15 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-22-15, 09:26 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

I own a 1998 GS400. I live in NE Florida but bought Roll Tide Red certified from a Lexus dealer in 2003 in Covington, KY. She has less than 109,000 miles and is in excellent condition.

1. Exterior Color: Cinnabar Peal
2. Interior color: Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): Sports Design
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer): Premium Sound System w/ 6 disc CD changer
5. Any modifications: None
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc): Roll Tide Red is awaiting her companion, a 2015 NX200t F Sport on special order.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-15, 09:45 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRTR
I own a 1998 GS400. I live in NE Florida but bought Roll Tide Red certified from a Lexus dealer in 2003 in Covington, KY. She has less than 109,000 miles and is in excellent condition.

1. Exterior Color: Cinnabar Peal
2. Interior color: Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): Sports Design
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer): Premium Sound System w/ 6 disc CD changer
5. Any modifications: None
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc): Roll Tide Red is awaiting her companion, a 2015 NX200t F Sport on special order.

Lex Roll Tide
Old 04-24-15, 02:30 PM
KarsGS300
Driver School Candidate

Hello Clublexus,

Been a long time lurker on the 2gs forums but never made an account till now have learned a lot about the gs and have saved quite a bit of money from the threads on here as well, but here's my 2000 gs300 which is currently at 174k miles and is still running strong

1. Metallic Silver
2. Beige/Tan
3. Platinum edition
4. Pioneer stock interior, app radio in dash, 2 kenwood 12" subs with a 1000watt amp
5. Stock mods for now
6. Previously owned a red 2003 gs300 but sold it bc I couldn't pass up on the deal
7. Texas

The first day I bought her

The first set of wheels I put on her were the 19" g35 Rays

How she sits now on 19" xxr 531 until I get weds lxz in June!!, I need to lower her so if anyone locally in Texas has some coilovers for sale I'm willing to buy them
Old 04-28-15, 09:09 PM
cali99300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KarsGS300
Hello Clublexus,

Been a long time lurker on the 2gs forums but never made an account till now have learned a lot about the gs and have saved quite a bit of money from the threads on here as well, but here's my 2000 gs300 which is currently at 174k miles and is still running strong

1. Metallic Silver
2. Beige/Tan
3. Platinum edition
4. Pioneer stock interior, app radio in dash, 2 kenwood 12" subs with a 1000watt amp
5. Stock mods for now
6. Previously owned a red 2003 gs300 but sold it bc I couldn't pass up on the deal
7. Texas

The first day I bought her

The first set of wheels I put on her were the 19" g35 Rays

How she sits now on 19" xxr 531 until I get weds lxz in June!!, I need to lower her so if anyone locally in Texas has some coilovers for sale I'm willing to buy them
Welcome. I like the newest wheels. Nice condition for the miles. Btw, you do know about the summer wiper arm position, yes?
Old 04-28-15, 09:16 PM
cali99300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRTR

Lex Roll Tide
Welcome. Clean looking ride. You don't see many this color. I almost bought one, but I don't like buying used cars from a dealer. In fact, it had the same mileage. These cars are such a joy to drive.
Old 04-29-15, 10:35 AM
castolano
Driver School Candidate

I call her my #retrolexo

My name is Kori I live in Baltimore Md
My car is gold on the outside and cream on the inside
I recently blew my engine due to a really bad snow storm
just purchased another engine with 100k for 1500
just waiting on the mechanic to install
I want to get a body kit put on
with the lexus logos for the door
and change the color to blue
Old 05-04-15, 12:48 PM
Spencerfg
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introduction

Hi everyone. Although I'm hardly a new Lexus owner, having owned this GS430 for about 13 years and my RX300 for even longer, I am relatively new to the forum. So here's the info on my car:

Exterior color: Millennium Silver
Interior color: Gray
Major options: Navigation, sunroof
No modifications
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0390s.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0368s.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0375s.jpg  
Old 05-05-15, 07:01 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfg
Hi everyone. Although I'm hardly a new Lexus owner, having owned this GS430 for about 13 years and my RX300 for even longer, I am relatively new to the forum. So here's the info on my car:

Exterior color: Millennium Silver
Interior color: Gray
Major options: Navigation, sunroof
No modifications
Welcome, Spencer! It appears that you have a set of rare L-Tuned side skirts! Very nice!
Old 05-07-15, 09:09 AM
Theobear
Driver School Candidate

Default New member/first time lexus owner.

So, I bought a 2001 GS 300 with 124k miles. It's black with tan interior, and i don't believe there are any special packages of any kind.

It's a one owner, southern car in very good shape for its age, and it's completely stock.

I wanted to post on here because I've already used the forums as a resource twice in the week that I've owned the car. Specifically, the forums pointed me to my MAF as the culprit for my hesitation around 4k rpm. I cleaned the MAF and that went away. Also, I found good recommendation for cleaning and applying clear coat to the headlights. That job turned out really good.

I'm sure I will use this resource many times, as I do all my own mechanic work. I can honestly say that I've never been to a mechanic with any of my cars. Hopefully I will be able to share some helpful information as the opportunity arises.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Sorry I don't have a good picture of my car right now, but I'll post the one I have.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-fullsizerender.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE