GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 06:43 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your Second Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including whether its a GS300 / 400 / 430 and;

1. Exterior Color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
1.Black
2.Tan
3.umbrella air cup kit with bc coilovers and swift springs ,srt intake ,borla exhaust ,ppe headers , trd sway bar unknown body kit from previous owner , TTE front lip , halo headlights , carbon fiber headlight eyebrows ,spc/eibachi camber kit and control arms Trafficstar dts front 20x8.5 rear 20x9.5 3 piece wheel
4.a lot
5.a lot
6.philly
7.with thread
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  
Old 11-26-14, 06:51 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your Second Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including whether its a GS300 / 400 / 430 and;

1. Exterior Color
2. Interior color choice
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
1.Black
2.Tan
3.umbrella air cup kit with bc coilovers and swift springs ,srt intake ,borla exhaust ,ppe headers , trd sway bar unknown body kit from previous owner , TTE front lip , halo headlights , carbon fiber headlight eyebrows ,spc/eibachi camber kit and control arms Trafficstar dts front 20x8.5 rear 20x9.5 3 piece wheel
4.a lot
5.a lot
6.philly
7.with thread
Old 12-03-14, 03:44 PM
jefthim
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

1. Ext Color - Black
2. Interior color - Black
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) - N/A
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) - Aftermarket
5. Any modifications - Coilovers & Wheels
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! Texas!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) - Added

Old 12-04-14, 07:55 AM
banhmi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to CL

Hi guys!

My name is Brian, I just turned 17 and I recently got a hand me down Lexus GS400 that I got as my first car and I'm loving it so far!

As of now, it has black exterior paint and black leather interior. It has an after market Eclipse double din head unit, but its so old that it doesn't even work anymore. I've had her for about 5 months now, but I saved up money waaaaay before I even got her. The first 2 weeks I had her, I got a used set of Megan Racing coilovers that I got from a friend out in LA that he had on a project car for $450. A couple weeks after, I found a set of STR BBS LM reps with tires for $300! I also got a kiku and a fusa for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, along with deleting my cat, replacing everything with 2 1/2in piping and then deleting my mufflers and then using 3" piping and extending the tips out and cutting them at an angle. I also replaced all of my interior lights for some super bright white LEDs.

I'm from a small town called Milpitas located in the Bay Area.

Here's a couple recent pictures, she's currently in project mode right now, as I am doing some work to her. I hope to meet some of you guys from Club Lexus around my area soon!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-211ws6.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-w02r2q.jpg  

Last edited by banhmi; 12-04-14 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-04-14, 10:09 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Welcome, folks!
Old 12-11-14, 08:07 PM
jaaasanGs3
Driver School Candidate

hello all my name is Jason first gs but 4th Lexus
own auto/home upholstery shop

1. Exterior Color- White
2. Interior color choice- switching to red leather
3. Major Options or special packages - GS300
4. Audio Options - Valor indash dvd
5. Any modifications - D2 coils, front lip, borla mufflers
6. Anything you want to mention (had a sc300, 2x sc400)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, - South Florida

Old 12-15-14, 07:41 PM
Alexslo1k
Driver School Candidate

Default New member here from Florida

okay so the Skinny is I do not currently own a lexus.
I am looking at either a GS 400 or 300 I am kinda torn between the 2.
It would be a daily for the most part so I am leaning towards the GS400 for the added low end grunt. Not to mention I am somewhat of a heavy footed guy.
I currently have a Dodge ram 1500 and an Acura Integra that is just a toy.
I know once I am done with the Teggy I will be selling it and more than likely getting an sc300 to go big single and six speed. I have plenty knowledge with turbos, suspension, etc.

What would you guys and girls recommend. i6 or V8 ???

Thanks to all !!!!
Alex
Old 12-22-14, 07:16 PM
evogs
Driver School Candidate

Hello folks... New here from NY. Just purchased a GS300 as a daily and another project. Come from a Toyota family and used to work as a tech for a Toyota dealer. Car is pretty clean for its age, silver with gray interior and no modifications (yet).
Old 12-24-14, 07:12 AM
Nimbusdp
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi, I'm Nimbusdp!

Hello ClubLexus,

My name is Declan. My user name is Nimbusdp.

I have been a long time clubLexus reader, and finally decided to make an account and get involved. Thanks for all the help I've received from all the amazing people on these forums. ClubLexus for Life!

Car Info:

Year/Model: 1999 GS400
Exterior: Black
Interior: Gray
Packages?: Moonroof & Motorized Tilt Steering Wheel
Audio: Mark Levinson Premium Sound
Modifications: None yet

Car Background: My father purchased this GS400 (her name is Lacy) brand new after my mother forced him to get rid of his MKIII Supra because it wasn't a safe option to drive me and my brother around in. Against his will he agreed (once the MKIII engine blew out of course) and landed on my beautiful '99 GS400. When I was 21, he decided to give me the GS because I needed a car and he wanted an excuse to get his 2009 LS460L. (He subsequently has admitted that the L was a poor choice because the car is too large and he would have enjoyed the normal LS460 more.) I got the '99 GS400 with about 225,000 miles on it, and she still drove like new. My father took meticulous care of her inside and out, regularly performing maintenance whenever needed and changing the fluids 500 miles before needed. He always used synthetic oil, highest octane gas, fuel treatments once every 5,000-10,000 miles once the car got to 100,000 miles, and would always immediately replace a part as soon as an issue started to appear. We come from the philosophy that an engine is one fluid interconnected system, so an issue in one area will soon enough cause an issue in another part of the engine unless fixed quickly. Because of this attitude towards Lacy, I have the honor of taking her over 300,000 miles in a month or two. I am beginning to become active in the forums now because when she hits 300,000 I have decided to retire her from daily driving as a reward for her long and reliable service to my family. When I retire her, I will begin the process of rebuilding her and modifying her into one of the most amazing 2nd Gen GS's in the world. I will need the help of everyone on the forum, as some of the designs I have created for her have never been attempted on any car ever, but I have been meticulously designing and planning her rebuild for about 2 years now, and Lexus enthusiasts all over will be able to benefit from some of the ideas I have designed.

Thanks for all the past and future help and support ClubLexus.

Sincerely,
Declan

November 2014 after PS pump rebuild. <br/>Lacy by Nimbusdp

Last edited by Nimbusdp; 12-24-14 at 07:25 AM. Reason: location
Old 12-24-14, 09:04 AM
jefthim
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexslo1k
okay so the Skinny is I do not currently own a lexus.
I am looking at either a GS 400 or 300 I am kinda torn between the 2.
It would be a daily for the most part so I am leaning towards the GS400 for the added low end grunt. Not to mention I am somewhat of a heavy footed guy.
I currently have a Dodge ram 1500 and an Acura Integra that is just a toy.
I know once I am done with the Teggy I will be selling it and more than likely getting an sc300 to go big single and six speed. I have plenty knowledge with turbos, suspension, etc.

What would you guys and girls recommend. i6 or V8 ???

Thanks to all !!!!
Alex
Alex - I prefer the power in the 400...

You can check http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ and see that the gas mileage difference isn't that big.

Good Luck!
Old 12-24-14, 06:21 PM
Mr503
Rookie

1999 lexus gs300 125.xxx
Tan exterior
Tan interior
Not sure of package
Stock pioneer audio
Lexus chrome 16" with full 5th wheel.
Upgrades.. Pioneer avh_2700bt Polk audio 6.5 components
Diamond audio components. Planet audio 5 Channel amp. I'm looking to build a clean mild vip daily driver.
Located in Portland Oregon
Old 12-31-14, 06:20 PM
asianhb12
Driver School Candidate

I am stephen from midland/odessa texas. I recently purchased a white 2001 lexus gs430. I have put 20 inch dcenti rims and nitto 555 tires. I also had install catback exhaust from protuninglab.com(sounds similar to tanabe or borla exhaust). I ordered srt cold air intake with ecu upgrade. I am looking at which coilovers to purchase; stances or bcr.

Old 01-03-15, 02:54 PM
kyLance
Driver School Candidate

Default 1998 gs400

Hi - mine isn't new to me, but I'm new to needing help, so I'll search and post as needed!

Mine is a GS400, white exterior, tan interior. Nothing other than factory specs. It was actually totaled a few years ago, but only the trunk is bent up. Still aligned straight, and still a blast to drive.
Old 01-04-15, 12:39 PM
780gs400
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new member

hey guys just joined the forum here as I just picked myself up a 1998 gs400,my names travis and im from the great white north(lol not so great),the car is pearl white v8 nakamichi sound system,its got a couple things done to it already,hid's and black housing headlights,led fogs,I think the wheels are from an is300 and are powdercoated gunmetal grey,i plan to get some tein comfortsport coilovers and i should have my 19' SSR viennas in about a week and a half,I live in canada so i wont have anything done to my car until spring time (3-4 months time) but id like to post some pictures of the car as i bought it,im hoping to take the spoiler off and get the paint redone this summer,the car has 181,000km on the odometer and it just had the timing belt replaced at 150,000, oil changes have been kept up from what i gather from previous documents supplied by the person i bought it off of,the car runs strong but i didnt really get a great feel for her as the roads were extremely icy when i drove her home(with no insurance on the car mind you) so i cant wait to put my foot down in her this summer,if anyone had any recomendations for an exhaust thatd be great too

so here she is the day after i picked her up

cant wait to start dumping paycheques into this thing,been a huge fan of these lexus' since i saw a hype williams movie called belly from 1998.....kind of funny i waited this long to pick one up,im only 24 and this is my first real "project" car so im really excited about it
Old 01-05-15, 01:07 PM
GS30inAZ
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. I've owned my 03 GS430 since 07. Here's the info:

1. Exterior Color Silver/Green two tone
2. Interior color choice black leather
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) Mark Levison
5. Any modifications Custom paint
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! Located in AZ

Last edited by GS30inAZ; 01-05-15 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Uploading an image

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE