GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 04:59 PM
LeXArcaNe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Platinum GS 400 2000..LeXArcanE

Hello to all of you proud Lexus owners
MY Name is Kai and I reside in Tempe Az..I just recently copied a Lexus GS 400 Platinum Edition from a good fellow who took really good care of it before me and I continue to do the same for it as I barely let dirt stay on it for more than a day..I always keep it super clean and keep it well cared for by maintaining it's regular servicing and driving it quite carefully..I do want to modify it to Super Street status, however I am in no hurry and I would like to perhaps get to know some of you on here who can work with me 8 ideas to for specs and modifications..
IT is platinum silver with grey interior..right now it's sitting on 17" Lexus 5 star rims and with relatively new rubber..it's a 8 cylinder that kicks up about 300 horesepower..it had L springs suspension by Lexus..I have accented it with chrome door pillars license plate frame and Lexus valve caps..it has a Kenwood Deck that DVD CA player and a 12" JL sub in it now to get started..
Being that it's a platinum Edition it's a little somewhat rare..heard there were only just over 5000 millennium Platinum Editions made in 2000 and this is one of them..it only has about 185K miles on it..but it runs like brand new..
my next move is going to be on the suspension and brake side..Brembo brakes and Eibach suspension that dampers and then I will get a a chameleon wrap for it to stunt it out..I enjoy this car and to me it's by far the best car car I have ever owned..
Any Lex clubs in the area that would like a new member.? Hit me up..6026390917..we're the party at? Let's cruise..race..all that..
Thanks for viewing and I look forward to meeting up with others from Club Lexus soon enough😊

Last edited by LeXArcaNe; 08-28-14 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-08-14, 12:04 PM
budgetvip
Rookie

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your Second Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including whether its a GS300 / 400 / 430 and;

1. Exterior Color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
What's up guys I've been following the site and forum for a while I finally decided to join I'm john from tennessee I own a 99 Forrest green gs300 with tan leather interior is all stock right now with the exception of a pioneer double din currently it's on megan coilovers with megan toe arms and modified megan lcas and str wheels 20x10.5 (bbs lm reps) it is also currently sitting project status in driVrabel right now undergoing wide body and waiting for wheels I'll post some pictures of when it was rolling before
Old 09-08-14, 04:20 PM
babalulugs
Driver School Candidate

Smile Maintaining my 1999 GS300

This is my first post, so I apologize in advance for posting mistakes, etc.

I have a 1999 GS300 that I purchased new in October of 1998. It has just rolled over 200,000 miles.

I want to keep my car well maintained. I really like it still and don't see a new one I'd like better.

I'm trying to get some advice on things I need to do at this mileage. I understand that I should replace the timing belt. Does that usually include the water pump? Also, where do I find the best parts for the best price? How long can I wait to replace the timing belt?

I'm living on a fixed income now, so cost is very important.

There are also some cosmetic fixes and squeaks and chirps that are irritating - passenger door lock doesn't work with remote, driver power window doesn't seal consistently (irritating wind noise).

so, If anyone feels like pointing me in the right direction regarding these things, I would really appreciate it!

Last edited by babalulugs; 09-08-14 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-12-14, 07:12 AM
SteezyG
Driver School Candidate

Default my GS :)

Im mario just joined the forum, i have a 98 gs300 150k on it. gray interior no mods yet but hope to be low in a month or two

Old 09-12-14, 07:59 PM
LeXArcaNe
Driver School Candidate

Old 09-12-14, 08:19 PM
LeXArcaNe
Driver School Candidate

Old 09-18-14, 01:53 PM
philip1949
Driver School Candidate

Hey Philip here

1. Exterior Color - Pearl White
2. Interior color choice - Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) No major options I am aware of
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) Negative, but all the speakers work and that's cool!
5. Any modifications None
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)

Previous owner of a 1996 ES 300
Old 09-18-14, 01:56 PM
philip1949
Driver School Candidate

Mario, Is that original paint? Ever been touched up... wow, gorgeous man!
Old 09-18-14, 02:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome new members. some clean GS's for sure .
Old 09-22-14, 07:10 AM
VIPgseries
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up from Houston!

Hi the CL my name is Luis from Houston, TX just purchased my first lexus gs300. Previously I had an 07 Nissan Frontier sold it to get a 99 lexus gs300 due to the fact gf is pregnant and due at anytime so I'd figure go with a car I love. As of now it's stock and previous owner swapped the engine from an 05 gs300. Other than that it's stock with a little minor flaws.

Old 09-22-14, 04:40 PM
pdxj
Driver School Candidate

I picked up both a 1998 GS300 and 2001 GS300 from family. I am loving these cars. They both are in mint condition and drive like a complete dream.

The '98 is imperial jade mica (tan interior) and has 55k miles on it.

The '01 is the dark green color (tan interior) which is escaping me and has 29k.

They are stock and loaded. They were kept in a heated garage their entire life and truly do look like new cars even with 29 yrs of combined age.

I'll update this post with a couple pictures when I get a chance. This is a great site you all have here. I have a feeling it will be huge help whenever questions arise.

Jay

Last edited by pdxj; 09-22-14 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-24-14, 12:24 PM
thejet95
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus Enthusiast

Wanted to introduce myself, I'm Ben. Bought my first Lexus a 2001 GS430 with only 75,000 miles on it. Coming from a modded Subaru STI, I was tired of the punishing ride, and wanted to try a Lexus. I was instantly in love with the solid build quality of this car, and all that low end V8 torque! I passed over an IS350 for this car instead.

Color Silver.

Basic upgrades/maintenance I have done are K&N drop in filter, new spark plugs, new daizen steering rack bushings, roll bar bushings, new brakes. Just installed new stereo in place of the stock pioneer system. Will post pictures of that soon.

Plan to do more suspension upgrades, springs, struts, and new wheels soon.

Loving my car so far and reading up on this forum!
Old 10-02-14, 11:54 AM
Bjerke
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Norway

Hello my name is Espen im now the proud owner of a GS300 200mod, this is my second Lexus. But i have had maybe 30-40 Toyotas. I have been looking for a GS for a while, in Norway they are not so commen. Right now there is nobody 4sale and the price is normally around 25,000-30,000 dollar still because all the taxes when the car is new. But in sweden they are more like in america.

Sorry if my english writing is bad

I want a turbo engine and coilovers and the other cool stuff .

But now the winter is getting close so i have to wait for the spring to fit wheels and coilovers and used thr time to collect parts.

So my other ride has to go soon, but its so good in the winter

Heres my new ride

Old 10-02-14, 04:19 PM
JAHBLESSIN
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. my name is Germaine and i just picked up a 2002 gs300 sport design black on black. always wanted one of these cars and found one for a great deal. future mods are 2jzgte vvti since the origninal motor is blown. hope to learn alot here and hopefully be able to contribute also.
Old 10-06-14, 05:11 PM
rwtws96
Driver School Candidate

Whats up everyone im Alex. Not to long ago i picked up a 1998 Lexus gs300, its silver in color with black interior and is completely stock besides a few pieces. Ready to start my build on her and would appreciate all advice due to the fact im kinda on my own already. Im looking to get performance and still have a show beauty at the same time. Definitely have a long ways to go though

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE