GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Would you trade your leather for cloth: Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 05:23 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you trade your leather for cloth: Part 2

Ever since I got my car I've been thinking of doing a full Bride interior. The only thing that held me back was the fact that I had this saddle interior sitting in the garage before I even got my car.

My current interior

The itch has returned since I found this pic on Google

Voice your opinions my CL fam...............................
Old 02-06-14, 05:41 PM
peelsSC300
Driver

Before clicking this thread. I said. "hell no!", in my head. But then I saw the pics. Then I was like, "hell yeah!!" Except for the arm rest. I'd leave that black.
Old 02-06-14, 05:45 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly, the only time I'd trade leather for cloth are in the middle of summer and the dead of winter. That being said, if you have the itch then scratch it. I've never been a fan of the Bride interior just because it seems too busy. However, I DO think it'd look pretty dope if you did it with the red gradient as opposed to the black (like everyone else). Or if you got Bride seats and had them re-trimmed in leather to match the saddle.

Either way, after looking at your build you have good taste so I don't doubt whatever you do will turn out nice either way.
Old 02-06-14, 05:47 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That Bride interior is hideous.
Old 02-06-14, 05:59 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a former saddle interior owner, oh helllllllll no.
Old 02-06-14, 06:40 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I wouldn't, I feel like the bride interior would just wear you down after a while. Not only that, why it's more supportive and something different, a saddle interior is something different and comfortable and it just looks so good in the car
Old 02-06-14, 06:41 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Honestly, the only time I'd trade leather for cloth are in the middle of summer and the dead of winter. That being said, if you have the itch then scratch it. I've never been a fan of the Bride interior just because it seems too busy. However, I DO think it'd look pretty dope if you did it with the red gradient as opposed to the black (like everyone else). Or if you got Bride seats and had them re-trimmed in leather to match the saddle.

Either way, after looking at your build you have good taste so I don't doubt whatever you do will turn out nice either way.
I think the red would be more difficult to pull off in the GS/Aristo. As far as getting Bride seats redone in Saddle, I really don't like the look of race/race-type seats wrapped in leather.

Originally Posted by Joeb427
That Bride interior is hideous.
There are different variations of the Bride design
Old 02-06-14, 06:43 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never. Leather ONLY.
Old 02-06-14, 07:42 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had that saddle I'd trade it for anything haha, what is the appeal in that? It's the most ugly colour ever. Black leather though.. nope not a chance.
Old 02-06-14, 08:33 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's decent but it doesent look too comfortable for long rides and for a daily, I'll trade u my black leather for that saddle lol
Old 02-06-14, 08:38 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

to be honest.. hewl naw. i somewhat know the validity of Bride but not many non-car people do. if anything it would confuse people. My 10 year old daughter knows that saddle leather is gorgeous. i say naw man. Please do Not do that.
Old 02-06-14, 10:14 PM
2GS_MRC
Driver School Candidate

I hate cloth with a passion or at least cloth interior lol. Ever since i got my GS, the leather grew on to me. Was never a big fan of bride interior except for bride seats of course haha. But it's like they say "To each their own"
Old 02-06-14, 10:28 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by peelsSC300
Before clicking this thread. I said. "hell no!", in my head. But then I saw the pics. Then I was like, "hell yeah!!" Except for the arm rest. I'd leave that black.
I thought the same thing and got to thinking who else has a RHD boosted GS with saddle interior? not many if any. We already know from the pics that the Bride has been done before so with that said leave well enough alone lol... chrome the engine and do a front mount instead..
Old 02-07-14, 12:30 AM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It depends in what direction your taking your car in. If your going all out in performance/track I would go with the bride interior and a clean roll cage set up. But if it's your daily driver then I would def keep the saddle interior! Nothing rarer than a clean axx blue aristo with saddle interior smoking tires!
Old 02-07-14, 01:50 AM
MRCDWJR
Rookie

Originally Posted by clos430
It depends in what direction your taking your car in. If your going all out in performance/track I would go with the bride interior and a clean roll cage set up. But if it's your daily driver then I would def keep the saddle interior! Nothing rarer than a clean axx blue aristo with saddle interior smoking tires!
I strongly agree with this

Quick Reply: Would you trade your leather for cloth: Part 2