GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need help with the JDM power folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-14, 04:57 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I need help with the JDM power folding mirrors

Hi all enthusiasts 2GS and Aristo,

I just bought the JDM folding mirrors with switch included and because I found in the same color of my car, that was the rason that I buying more faster. They came out of a 1998 Aristo and I have a 2GS 04. The JDM has 7 wires and my 2GS has 11 wires. I try to make them work and can not make it. I can not find which wire I can use from my 2GS to the JDM power folding mirrors wires to make work the JDM mirrors. Has anyone done this and can help me by sending me an email with photos as how you combined the wires and making work this JDM power folding mirrors? HELP PLEASE.

In advance, thank you very much for any help.
Old 02-01-14, 06:38 AM
77i9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a link to the install thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...install-4.html
Old 02-01-14, 09:12 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-install.html
Old 02-02-14, 04:50 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 77i9
here's a link to the install thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...install-4.html

Can you please send me the information of how do you do the wires configuration from the JDM to the USA Mirrors? I buy the JDM Power Folding Mirror and I try to mach the wires to make work the JDM Mirrors but I can not. Can you email me or send me how you mach wires or how you can connect the wires from your power Folding Mirrors to the USAD Mirrors plug please. I'm very frustrated with this mirrors. Please, help me. Also, the link that you add, the top one here I can open it.

Thanks again for all your help
Old 02-02-14, 06:55 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

If I remember correctly, the matching the wires should be straightforward with the exception of two wires. Try these match-ups:

JDM mirror wires
1.) Green wire and Blue wire - are the power folding motor wires
- will have to be wired to an on/off/on switch and two relays
- follow the wiring diagram on this link, post #38
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...install-3.html

2.) Red wire - red wire on usdm

3.) White wire - white wire on usdm

4.) Black wire - black wire on usdm

5.) Black wire w/ green stripe - either one of the black w/ green stripe on usdm (there are two)

6.) Brown wire w/ white stripe - brown w/ white stripe on usdm
Old 02-03-14, 03:38 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

If I remember correctly, the matching the wires should be straightforward with the exception of two wires. Try these match-ups:

JDM mirror wires

5.) Black wire w/ green stripe - either one of the black w/ green stripe on usdm (there are two)

OKAY, OKAY, Got it. Now, my last question, I think. LOL. So, the Green and Blue Wires is for the folding motor. You connected this 2 wires to a separate switch, right? I have the original switch but I think is better if I buy one Rocket Switch ON - OFF - ON to make the mirror folding out and folding in, Right?
I was very close to being able to sell on eBay. But, definitely with this information I'll try to put them to work this weekend. I'll let you know right away that I do work these mirrors. Bro.. you ROCK.
Old 02-03-14, 04:51 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

The switch that you have right now won't work unless you have the Aristo door ECU. It's so much easier to just use the rocker switch and two relay method.
Old 02-06-14, 06:11 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

JDM mirror wires

Hi again,

Sorry that I will continue asking the same theme. But they are becoming more and more details that I see on the pictures. The FEMALE plug in the door of your car, only has 7 wires, right? The reason why I ask this is because my car brought 11 wires male plug in the mirror and is connected to a female plug with 11 wires as well. I know I have to remove those 5 wires that I not need to used on my female plug and then, connect the JDM wires mirrors to the original female connector that brings my car to make work properly JDM Mirrors. But, what I do not understand is that the pictures that I see here is, where these plugs that I see in the pictures come from? Is because your car brought this small plugs?? The only reason that I think your car brought this small plugs is because your car did not bring the memory mirrors and heat mirror like my car Right? That's why your plugs are smaller to mine plugs, right? So again, if that is the reason, I just have to connect or match the wires of my JDM mirrors to my factory original female plug wires to make my JDM mirrors work like the factory mirrors, Right? Sorry for so many questions and my ignorance about this, but what I want is be sure 100% about these connections with the wires and not damage the mechanism of the mirrors or the computer that controls the mirrors. Thank you for you time to answer all my questions.

Thanks again,
Mcon
Old 02-08-14, 04:23 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mcon
Hi again,

Sorry that I will continue asking the same theme. But they are becoming more and more details that I see on the pictures. The FEMALE plug in the door of your car, only has 7 wires, right? The reason why I ask this is because my car brought 11 wires male plug in the mirror and is connected to a female plug with 11 wires as well. I know I have to remove those 5 wires that I not need to used on my female plug and then, connect the JDM wires mirrors to the original female connector that brings my car to make work properly JDM Mirrors. But, what I do not understand is that the pictures that I see here is, where these plugs that I see in the pictures come from? Is because your car brought this small plugs?? The only reason that I think your car brought this small plugs is because your car did not bring the memory mirrors and heat mirror like my car Right? That's why your plugs are smaller to mine plugs, right? So again, if that is the reason, I just have to connect or match the wires of my JDM mirrors to my factory original female plug wires to make my JDM mirrors work like the factory mirrors, Right? Sorry for so many questions and my ignorance about this, but what I want is be sure 100% about these connections with the wires and not damage the mechanism of the mirrors or the computer that controls the mirrors. Thank you for you time to answer all my questions.

Thanks again,
Mcon
Please just follow the wire match-up that I have provided. You're confusing yourself, the pics that you are referring to are not mine. That is of another member that has an Aristo. I have a 98 GS400 that has 11 wires. I cut the connector coming from my usdm mirrors to be used for my jdm mirrors. I hope this clarifies things up for you.
Old 02-09-14, 08:04 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Please just follow the wire match-up that I have provided. You're confusing yourself, the pics that you are referring to are not mine. That is of another member that has an Aristo. I have a 98 GS400 that has 11 wires. I cut the connector coming from my usdm mirrors to be used for my jdm mirrors. I hope this clarifies things up for you.
Yes,yes,yes... This clarifies up everything. I'm new to the website and still do not quite understand how these sites work.. Everything I do with the mirrors today or tomorrow I'll let you know immediately. Thank you, so much for having patience with me.