GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Blower problem gs400

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-13, 05:11 PM
Joeyc850
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower problem gs400

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with me ac/heater blower. When I go to turn the fan on I can hear something click as if it's powered on but no air comes out, the lcd screen shows the fan mode bars going up but there's no air blowing out. It happened to me before for about 3 days then it randomly worked again now it's been down for a week and a half. Could a weak battery be the cause? (I have a alternator going bad) the dealer I bought the car from said he got the blower changed just not sure what else it could be the fuses are fine.
Old 12-29-13, 02:52 PM
Joeyc850
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have suggestions?
Old 12-29-13, 05:14 PM
Joeyc850
Driver School Candidate

Ok let me simplify this somehow... No matter what speed i put for the blower it all comes out as if nothing is pushing it. All i feel is what is a very slight breeze which is from the air getting sucked in from the outside.

So the temperature works on whatever setting i put it on, its just the fan speed that doesnt work.

I dont think it would be the cabin filter because i dont believe it could be so clogged that even on the highest speed not even alittle air could come out, but i could be wrong. Maybe issue a resistor or the motor itself?

Trying to find the most common problem so i dont go and buy everything.
Old 12-29-13, 05:28 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey bro. I see your having an issue with your heater/AC not blowing properly out your vents. I've had this problem as well.. It's your servo motors. CL member Sakataj has a GREAT DIY (do it yourself) write up on how to get these things fixed. It's very simple. I did it myself. If you go to www.sewellparts.com, make an account, and search for the servo motors, you'll get a great discount. Just read around on the site. You should be able to get this straightened out with enough reading. I hope this helped! Remember SERVO MOTORS
Old 12-29-13, 05:33 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

This is ONE of the possibly THREE servo motors you might be looking for. One servo controls the functions of the air blowing, feet, sides, center vents, etc. Another controls the temperature of the air being released and I really forget what the third one does sorry man. It's been a lil while since I changed mine. Look up the DIY by Sakataj on how to change these. It's really HELPFUL. He posted great pics step by step. I'll try to help you more if you can't find it. I'll check back on you tomorrow. Hope this HELPED.. Oh and they're all located behind the glove compartment. You have to take a few screws out to get to them.

Blower problem gs400-forumrunner_20131229_202923.png
Old 12-30-13, 04:56 AM
Joeyc850
Driver School Candidate

Ok cool man thanks for the help I'll order some soon or do you think an autoparts store might have one? And do you you the one name of the one that controls the fan speed?

Last edited by Joeyc850; 12-30-13 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-30-13, 10:29 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joeyc850
Ok cool man thanks for the help I'll order some soon or do you think an autoparts store might have one? And do you you the one name of the one that controls the fan speed?
Your best ordering them OEM from sewellparts. If you look up the thread by CL member Sakataj on how to change em yourself it'll say all the info you need to know right on there. If you can't find it, when I get outta work tonight I'll go on my computer and post the link on here. I can't do it from my phone bro
Old 01-01-14, 08:14 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Here bro, this the link to the PRICELESS DIY thread OG member Sakataj made... If you READ all the steps 1 by 1 CAREFULLY, get an understanding of the actual parts and they're functions, an overview of what your looking at, etc, this will help you fix your problem. Remember to sign up on www.sewellparts.com with your CL account to get discounts on OEM servos. No sense in buying them aftermarket. Stick to OEM qulaity my friend! This solved my problem when I had the same prob as you! My vents by my feet and center vents above the navi didn't blow any air and in the winter my passenger side vents wouldn't blow heat..... Typical servo probs when they start to go bad. Even still they hang in there... Very easy fix with patience and a garage to do them in. This DIY was PRICELESS as opposed to taking it to the dealer. Save big $$$!

Here's the link below! Hope this helps!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html
Old 02-23-14, 05:17 PM
csrb7007
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
This is ONE of the possibly THREE servo motors you might be looking for. One servo controls the functions of the air blowing, feet, sides, center vents, etc. Another controls the temperature of the air being released and I really forget what the third one does sorry man. It's been a lil while since I changed mine. Look up the DIY by Sakataj on how to change these. It's really HELPFUL. He posted great pics step by step. I'll try to help you more if you can't find it. I'll check back on you tomorrow. Hope this HELPED.. Oh and they're all located behind the glove compartment. You have to take a few screws out to get to them.

Attachment 309788
My '03 GS300 is not blowing any air (maybe a minimal amount) on the feet. Great airflow everywhere else. Is it possible that this servo could be the cause? I took it to the Toyota dealer an they say it could be the blower motor but they can't be sure. They also say all the actuators are working fine (checked with remote camera). It's got me by the shorthairs, that's for sure.
Old 03-01-14, 08:23 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by csrb7007
My '03 GS300 is not blowing any air (maybe a minimal amount) on the feet. Great airflow everywhere else. Is it possible that this servo could be the cause? I took it to the Toyota dealer an they say it could be the blower motor but they can't be sure. They also say all the actuators are working fine (checked with remote camera). It's got me by the shorthairs, that's for sure.
Idk. Can't give you a fair diagnostic over the free info provided. It's safe to say the problem your having is in fact either one of the servo motors or maybe the actual blower motor. Never had an issue with the blower motor myself tho. Sounds like to me, the mode servo. The one that changes the function between vents. You know, from head to feet and etc, so on. Read on. There's plenty info here. By the amount of posts you have, sounds like your not a club member to read, your a "temporary" member for desperate advice. Been there. Just read around. You'll find it bro. Good luck!