GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Car is too fast but not fast enough? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-13, 11:01 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car is too fast but not fast enough? Anyone?

So this past month or 2, with my deleted mufflers(&gs430), have caught many "street racers" attention. But i have not taken any of the challenges i have come about. Why? Because every single one of those cars, i pulled very hard on. Litteraly it has gone down like this every time. They either stare at me when i am at the light and they start revving there engine. Or they drive up next to me and do little fly byes to get me to go. I never punched it until i heard them floor it but it seems like whenever we get going, not to mention the horrible throttle response, i always end up pulling on them at any speed, soo i just end up letting off befor even hitting the speed limit LOL. So far this has been with a turbo eclipse. Mustang gt, camaro z28, honda s2k, older 5.0 and a turbo 240. I really feel i am way above ricer level but not at tuner level lol i cant hang with the big boys and they dont wont even bother with me. I wont even bother with these kids unlesss i feel it would be a good race
Old 11-09-13, 05:12 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post is a bit confusing... First, you said that you get the "street racers" attention, but haven't taken on any of the challenges. Then you follow-up saying that you pulled hard on each of those cars and never "punched it" until you heard them floor it... which would make it appear that you indeed took on their challenge and were racing them regardless if it was up to the speed limit or not. Just saying.
Old 11-09-13, 07:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Your post is a bit confusing... First, you said that you get the "street racers" attention, but haven't taken on any of the challenges. Then you follow-up saying that you pulled hard on each of those cars and never "punched it" until you heard them floor it... which would make it appear that you indeed took on their challenge and were racing them regardless if it was up to the speed limit or not. Just saying.
my thoughts exactly..
Old 11-09-13, 08:36 AM
sc4jms
Driver

X 2....don't get caught . its not worth it. Take it to the track
Old 11-09-13, 08:56 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Lol but u get wat im saying right? I was a lil sleepy when i posted this but im sure u understood what i was saying? I considered each one but never fully went through since i pulled, considerably ahead each one of them. Witch made them do a ricer fly by everytime i let off. There was only 2 i would have went completely thru with but im not the kind of guy to race thru traffic and put lives in danger but im sure i would have spanked some butt if there wasnt any cars around!!
Old 11-09-13, 11:45 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc4jms
X 2....don't get caught . its not worth it. Take it to the track
I really wanna go to the track... But i feel like the only cars i will be going against are 4 bangers. And noone else will wanna go against me. Iv never been there idk how it works.
Old 11-09-13, 12:10 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your post does confuse me as does the subject. "Too fast but not fast enough." I'm figuring you mean the car is too fast for turbo four bangers and majority V6's, but cannot compete with V8's of today. If that's what you are referring too, then I agree. Civics, accords, eclipse's, rice rockets, whatever....I pay them absolutely no mind. I laugh at them and shake my head actually and continue to lightly cruise past the intersection. Especially the kids who just got their license and riced out their $2000 whip and have no clue on what's under my hood. Newer BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, MB's V6's will attract my attention however, but I will never give a whip with a newer age V8 under the hood the satisfaction of walking me. Pride, I guess.
Old 11-09-13, 12:26 PM
js1011
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus cars aren't fast enough to race...
Old 11-09-13, 01:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

id give you a 8 car length advantage...hehe
Old 11-09-13, 02:03 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by repugnante
Your post does confuse me as does the subject. "Too fast but not fast enough." I'm figuring you mean the car is too fast for turbo four bangers and majority V6's, but cannot compete with V8's of today. If that's what you are referring too, then I agree. Civics, accords, eclipse's, rice rockets, whatever....I pay them absolutely no mind. I laugh at them and shake my head actually and continue to lightly cruise past the intersection. Especially the kids who just got their license and riced out their $2000 whip and have no clue on what's under my hood. Newer BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, MB's V6's will attract my attention however, but I will never give a whip with a newer age V8 under the hood the satisfaction of walking me. Pride, I guess.
That is exaclty what my sleepy head was trying to post. I feeel the exact same way! Its almost insulting when these 16 year olds try to race me. Its gets temping cause they look at you with such a sour-confident face and act like there so much better. And i wanna change theyre facial expression so bad.. Its tempting and im sure most people on here can relate. Idk whats more embarrassing racing a true rice burner or the fact that they really think they can beat you...

Originally Posted by js1011
Lexus cars aren't fast enough to race...
Stock... I agree
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
id give you a 8 car length advantage...hehe
Lol when i get this vortech installed give me that 8 car length.
Old 11-09-13, 02:19 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to a track man , I'm older and wiser now and it's not worth it, I got a CAI and a borla catback on my 400, if someone pulls up to me revving I see it as childish anymore and won't gun it, it's not worth it,I know my car is a beast and that's all that matters, too many woman and children out their in minivans grocery shopping enjoying their day...
Old 11-09-13, 04:41 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlockoV8
Go to a track man , I'm older and wiser now and it's not worth it, I got a CAI and a borla catback on my 400, if someone pulls up to me revving I see it as childish anymore and won't gun it, it's not worth it,I know my car is a beast and that's all that matters, too many woman and children out their in minivans grocery shopping enjoying their day...
^^^ Exactly. Letting it out on the open highway is fine with me but racing on busy streets to try to prove something that doesn't really matter is just stupid.
Old 11-09-13, 10:36 PM
mIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by FlockoV8
!!
Old 11-09-13, 10:40 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i'll subscribe to this thread awaiting this vortech SC install. lol.
Old 11-10-13, 04:41 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

alright i get it! Racing is a no no.. lol Lots of assuming here. I did say in one post that that im not the type of guy who races thru traffic. Im 20.i know my right from wrongs not to mention I average about 25-40k miles a year and have never had a ticket or at fault accident. I also live in arizona.. A desert. And idk if u guys can see but when i post, it is usually around 1-4 am because thats when i come home from work. and the streets are empty at that time. im also against speeding cause people dont realize it throws people off who are trying to make a left at an intersection. Im Not saying i dont ever do anything wrong but like everyone else i do bend rules, i do make that illegal u turn when noone is around and i do set my cruise control at 70 instead of 65.

Quick Reply: Car is too fast but not fast enough? Anyone?