Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bad height control sensor?

Old 09-19-13, 07:38 PM   #1
DMPesso
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Default Bad height control sensor?

What's up CL, I have an 01 GS430 and was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before because I searched and couldn't find one instance of someone saying they replaced it or had problems so I find this a little weird. Upon lifting the car you can wiggle the front ride height control sensor (sewell part number 8940630100) and as you wiggle it it makes that popping clicking noise that I thought was my brake clips. AND the rear when you wiggle them makes a squeaky mattress noise that I was having in the rear which was driving me nuts. Now the mechanic said they're bad and need to be changed and those were the two sources of my noises I've been hearing. Now do there's go bad like that and is the play and noises normal or should they be solid and noise free? They are very expansive parts and I wanna make sure that's what's gonna fix the noises before I shell out that money so please someone check theirs if they can. I submitted pics of the parts. U just wiggle straight up and down and the noise happens. Clicking in the front and squeaking in the rear.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

Last edited by DMPesso; 09-19-13 at 07:41 PM..
DMPesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-13, 07:43 PM   #2
DMPesso
Lead Lap

Default .

Pic of the rear
Attached Images

Old 09-20-13, 04:56 PM   #3
DMPesso
Lead Lap

BUMPP COME ON PLEASE SOMEONE HELP CHECK THEIRS AND SEE IF THE PLAY AND NOISE IS THE SAME PLEAAASE! I'm dying to get rid of that extreme clicking and squeaking
Old 09-21-13, 03:21 PM   #4
DMPesso
Lead Lap

Come on guys! All these views and nothing? Someone please jack up their car and see if their's has any play and noise. Pleaaaaase!
Old 09-21-13, 05:38 PM   #5
iToaster
Driver

There is no ride height control on these cars. The sensors in question are for the headlight leveling system. Lubricate them if you want to help get rid of noises, but there's no need to replace them.
iToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-13, 08:28 AM   #6
DMPesso
Lead Lap

According to this guy they DO make noise. Can anyone else confirm this?
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...ng-sensor.html
Old 03-14-14, 08:04 AM   #7
TigerBrand
Rookie

Mine are not making noise. But, I don't have a warning light on the dash, and the headlights still move on start up. However, now they move up, then back down. They used to go down first, then go back up. I'm assuming it's my sensors. I just adjusted my headlights manually, in the meantime, because I don't want to shell out the money for new sensors yet. Even, with our discount on sewell, they're still expensive. I'm also not 100% sure that they're bad because there's no warning light. My problems started a couple days ago, when I noticed that my lights were pointing really low when i drove home that night.

I've disconnected the battery and ecu fuse, and I'm still getting the same thing. I'm going to try and unplug the headlight cpu too to see if that makes a difference.

sorry to bump an old thread.

Last edited by TigerBrand; 03-14-14 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: bumped an old thread.
TigerBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 08:04 AM