GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-13, 08:45 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah the Llumar has a luxury look to it. It's clear so you can see in and out of the car no problem so if you're looking for privacy with tint you're def going to want to go with something else.
Old 08-05-13, 06:26 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I have air 80 on my gs. When it's super sunny you don't even notice the car is tinted. It only looks more blue when it's cloudy. I don't like the look of tint so I got this one because of how clear it is.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???-1.jpg   Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???-2.jpg   Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???-3.jpg   Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???-4.jpg  
Old 08-05-13, 07:24 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tiger4life
I have air 80 on my gs. When it's super sunny you don't even notice the car is tinted. It only looks more blue when it's cloudy. I don't like the look of tint so I got this one because of how clear it is.
I personally have had more people go along the lines of thinking it's a green tint than blue. Lots of friends ask if I have the green tint itself.
Old 08-05-13, 10:25 AM
LeXUsFeEVa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
That's just the name of the tint.

"LLumar Air Blue 80 is a non-metalized, non-conductive ceramic technology film with 43% heat rejection, maximum ultra-violet rejection, excellent optical clarity, and scratch- and corrosion-resistant properties.

This film has a 78% Visible Light Transmittance, and its optical clarity and low reflectivity will not interfere with night driving. Air Blue 80 will also block 99% of the sun’s UVA and UVB rays and is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. This film also has signal-enabling properties to ensure no signal interference with wireless devices."

Just some info on the tint for you guys for anyone who may be interested in some specs.
QUESTION: i have a 02 sport design. My windows stock have a green hue to them (not sure if that's with all 2gs) It's difficult for me to get a real idea of the blue in the photos....are they really blue like Mercedes?

I've tried several different tints and can't seem to eliminate the greenish hue with a 20% (medium tint) Anyone have this issue? I would love to get that same look your trying to achieve.

Any photos in different light sources. Bright day/mid day/evening where you can clearly see the blue? please post if possible.

thank you in advance
Old 08-05-13, 11:01 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeXUsFeEVa
QUESTION: i have a 02 sport design. My windows stock have a green hue to them (not sure if that's with all 2gs) It's difficult for me to get a real idea of the blue in the photos....are they really blue like Mercedes?

I've tried several different tints and can't seem to eliminate the greenish hue with a 20% (medium tint) Anyone have this issue? I would love to get that same look your trying to achieve.

Any photos in different light sources. Bright day/mid day/evening where you can clearly see the blue? please post if possible.

thank you in advance
I do not have Mercedes Blue tint. I have Llumar Air 80 Blue which has a clear/greenish hue to it. I've never had anyone tell me mine looks blue. That's just the name of the tint itself, but it does not have a hint of blue to it.
Old 08-06-13, 12:23 AM
LeXUsFeEVa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have Mercedes Blue tint. I have Llumar Air 80 Blue which has a clear/greenish hue to it. I've never had anyone tell me mine looks blue. That's just the name of the tint itself, but it does not have a hint of blue to it.
Sorry I got confused by the name. Anyone know the manuf that changes our stock 2gs greenish hue windows to the Mercedes blue?

Is it even possible for our cars?
Old 08-06-13, 06:15 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Who did your retrofit? Does this tint disperse heat? It looks like it would still be very hot with this clear tint. Also, that's a cool pic with the slave houses in the background. Is that protected/private land due to history (bad history, but it's still history).
Old 08-06-13, 07:48 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Sorry it's blue, hence the name. I have pics showing it's blue in this thread.

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Who did your retrofit? Does this tint disperse heat? It looks like it would still be very hot with this clear tint. Also, that's a cool pic with the slave houses in the background. Is that protected/private land due to history (bad history, but it's still history).
I did the retrofit. Tint blocks as much heat as limo tint. It transmit light but rejects heat. The land is private I think and yes it's BAD HISTORY.
Old 08-06-13, 08:05 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone know if it's possible to get darker tint in the lumar blue or do they only have one percentage? Like the color but don't want people seeing inside
Old 08-06-13, 08:21 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Anyone know if it's possible to get darker tint in the lumar blue or do they only have one percentage? Like the color but don't want people seeing inside
They only make one percentage. You would probably just have to get a regular blue tint which performs worse in regards to heat rejection.
Old 08-06-13, 09:41 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They only make one percentage. You would probably just have to get a regular blue tint which performs worse in regards to heat rejection.
it looks great on your car. great contrast to your paint.
Old 08-06-13, 10:03 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
it looks great on your car. great contrast to your paint.
exactly! I have the same color and this looks great. I have llumnar ATC 20% with life warranty and 47% heat rejection, so I'm not removing it at all lol. The Llumnar 80 would look great with the Glacier Frost Mica pearl paint job I'm considering, but it's 43% heat rejection. I think that's pretty good giving the amount of light that it let's through. I don't know if I want glacier frost or Kandy. Decision, Decisions...

Last edited by SaiyanGS3; 08-06-13 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-06-13, 02:09 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Suntek HP50 Blue.... i rocked that on my GS, and now my Audi.
Old 08-06-13, 02:25 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
Suntek HP50 Blue.... i rocked that on my GS, and now my Audi.
nice! the Suntek looks equally good.

Old 08-06-13, 02:28 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Sorry it's blue, hence the name. I have pics showing it's blue in this thread.
Then that's purely your opinion from your eye sight. Maybe it's your interior, but mine is black and my tint has more of a greenish hue than blue, says me and everyone else that has seen it, there is no blue hue to it when I look at my car.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz Blue Tint Anyone Have It On There GS w/ Pictures!???