GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Small questions that don't deserve their own thread... thread.

Old 07-03-14, 05:34 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL thanks, they're both missing so I don't have one to compare right now.
Old 07-03-14, 07:00 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by czr73
That happened to my 2GS. I just gorilla glued i and it is still holding strong after several months now and countless car washes.
dude, gorilla glue fixes everything.
i got my nails done then decided to wash my BF's SC (because he had my GS for the day) and when trying to clean in between the spokes of his wheels, my fake nails kept catching on them and popping off... gorilla glued them back on, no issues. it's magnificent.
not that that really has anything to do with anything.
Old 07-03-14, 01:42 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by littlebird

dude, gorilla glue fixes everything.
i got my nails done then decided to wash my BF's SC (because he had my GS for the day) and when trying to clean in between the spokes of his wheels, my fake nails kept catching on them and popping off... gorilla glued them back on, no issues. it's magnificent.
not that that really has anything to do with anything.
☺☺☺☺☺☺ your too much lol
Old 07-03-14, 01:46 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by czr73
That happened to my 2GS. I just gorilla glued i and it is still holding strong after several months now and countless car washes.
It's do funny you mentioned this. Because a few weeks back I had ordered the plastic clips that go into that plastic piece directly beneath it right.... Turns out after a few days maybe even the same day I put them they must've popped back out... I don't like anything messed up on my car so I ordered them again and was contemplating on what to do when the new set arrives thru the mail... I think this will be my solution GORILLA GLUE lol. What exactly did you glue on the there?
Old 07-03-14, 02:15 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrmartin
Does anyone know how to repair this? A screw from the side of the radio rubbed on it a few times and make these ugly scratches. Maybe some black dye in small amounts rubbed on to make it blend more?
This might sound weird but try a black crayon or pastel, like kids use for drawing. You may want to warm it up with a quick pass through a lighter. Then quickly and very lightly "draw" over the scratches, and lightly wipe off the excess with a paper towel or something. it should last as long as you don't touch it too much. That's what I would do on my own car anyway
Old 07-30-14, 07:23 PM
JimBobNC
Driver School Candidate

I found plastic body rivets from the Help section of any auto chain will fit. Use 1/4" rivets up front (around the radiator) and 5/16" rivets in front of the rear wheels.
Old 07-30-14, 10:14 PM
teeekuuu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm usually pretty good with cars and all, but I need to swap my headlights for reasons like I can't register it in EU unless i swap the headlights, and I'm not exactly sure about wether my Lex has HIDs,Xenons or Halogen bulbs. One bulb has; GK 9006 12V 55W ; on it and the other one says 9005 HB3U,12V 60W among other things. Headlamps also have one 4 pin connector, one 2 pin connector and one 3 pin connector. They don't look like xenons to me but I need some confirmation on this.
Oh and, it's the best forum I've managed to be on, in terms of car themed forums, really. Tons of DIY guides,very helpful people and a lot to read about.
Old 07-30-14, 11:25 PM
offbad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HID/Xenon

require a ballast so if you don't have that, you're probably running halogens.

also, this
Old 07-31-14, 03:40 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

[QUOTE=teeekuuu;8649817]Hey guys, I'm usually pretty good with cars and all, but I need to swap my headlights for reasons like I can't register it in EU unless i swap the headlights, and I'm not exactly sure about wether my Lex has HIDs,Xenons or Halogen bulbs. One bulb has; GK 9006 12V 55W ; on it and the other one says 9005 HB3U,12V 60W among other things. Headlamps also have one 4 pin connector, one 2 pin connector and one 3 pin connector. They don't look like xenons to me but I need some confirmation on this.
Oh and, it's the best forum I've managed to be on, in terms of car themed forums, really. Tons of DIY guides,very helpful people and a lot to read about.[/QUOTE

HIDs will have a ballast and igniter attached to it. It's gonna be a square or rectangle shape that the wires run to.