GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2nd Gen GS Rep TTE Front Lip For $109.98 Shipped!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-13, 08:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Revive
For the price who cares if it's real or not?

i dunno maybe the real company who invented this lip that is now getting ripped off or those of us with the real lip
Old 05-22-13, 09:37 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj

i dunno maybe the real company who invented this lip that is now getting ripped off or those of us with the real lip
Question for you, and you can be honest or not…if given a prescription by the doctor for a certain medication, do you opt for the brand name drug written or do you purchase the generic because it provides the same result at a much lesser cost?

For me, especially in a scenario like a front lip, there is no reason outside of brand touting to have any gripe over someone purchasing a knock-off. This isn’t cheap wheels or inferior suspension/engine components that could cause failure to the vehicle.

Makes you wonder though, why are we using generic drugs (those of us who do) to help fix the condition we may suffer from over the brand name drug’s company that mastered the remedy.
Old 05-22-13, 09:43 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

also have to take into consideration that TTE is no longer around, so they arent being affected in a negative manner.

Now, you would think that the owners of the real TTE lips would take a resale hit when trying to get rid of theirs, but that doesnt seem to be the case. The real ones still pull big $$$
Old 05-22-13, 09:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

To make things fair those of us that bought the real thing only had the option to buy the real thing.. There were no "Reps" etc.. They only starting appearing on ebay after TTE stop producing them...

I agree that the "reps" are probably a good fit but what i believe Brian is trying to say that we didn't have choices back then unlike today with all these companies producing 'reps" of the original part...
Old 05-22-13, 09:48 AM
Jets300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
To make things fair those of us that bought the real thing only had the option to buy the real thing.. There were no "Reps" etc.. They only starting appearing on ebay after TTE stop producing them...

I agree that the "reps" are probably a good fit but what i believe Brian is trying to say that we didn't have choices back then unlike today with all these companies producing 'reps" of the original part...
Agreed.

I expect to see a lot more GS now with TTE rep lips.
Old 05-22-13, 10:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
Question for you, and you can be honest or not…if given a prescription by the doctor for a certain medication, do you opt for the brand name drug written or do you purchase the generic because it provides the same result at a much lesser cost?

For me, especially in a scenario like a front lip, there is no reason outside of brand touting to have any gripe over someone purchasing a knock-off. This isn’t cheap wheels or inferior suspension/engine components that could cause failure to the vehicle.

Makes you wonder though, why are we using generic drugs (those of us who do) to help fix the condition we may suffer from over the brand name drug’s company that mastered the remedy.
i get free prescriptions....i have been a night manager at a kroger for the last 6 years so i dont care if these are generics, i pay nothing for them

nah not even close to what i said. back in the day even if there was a rep lip out i wouldnt have bought it. i have ALWAYS been adamant about not buying replica parts. the only replica part i have ever had on my car was that Carbing style strut bar but it got replaced fairly quickly.
Old 05-22-13, 10:13 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jets300
Agreed.

I expect to see a lot more GS now with TTE rep lips.

it's become ever so popular now because it's a cheap mod that is a huge image changer for the vehicle...wouldn't expect it any other way. not to dumb it down, but the TTE lip is on the same route as a mugen/spoon lip for civics. simple mod that almost every civic runs through.
Old 05-22-13, 12:36 PM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diddy206
What three tabs you have to cut off??
2nd Gen GS Rep TTE Front Lip For 9.98 Shipped!!!!!!!!!!!-1360452582-abs-flip-gs300-tte-3.jpg

Those three tabs!
Old 05-22-13, 02:00 PM
808_GS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless if its a replica, this is still a good deal. Even shipping to Hawaii is cheap.
Old 05-22-13, 03:12 PM
HrdPrkDGS4
Driver

So you did cut the tabs? Am i retarded or is there s certain way this lip goes on because i have awesome gaps! Lol
Old 05-22-13, 04:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdPrkDGS4
So you did cut the tabs? Am i retarded or is there s certain way this lip goes on because i have awesome gaps! Lol
should go on just like the real one.. Epoxy and let cure overnight.... Carbongs did a nice DIY of installing a TTE lip..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...storation.html
Old 05-22-13, 06:23 PM
DC808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rep or not, it still looks clean and pretty tempting
Old 05-22-13, 07:49 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

cutting the tabs will make it easier to install, handle and get to fit pretty flush. but it will lose a LOT of stability. and i am sure you know, the front end of your car and especially your lip are going to take the Most abuse, flexing and Acne from rocks and bumps etc..
Old 05-22-13, 09:28 PM
HrdPrkDGS4
Driver

should go on just like the real one.. Epoxy and let cure overnight.... Carbongs did a nice DIY of installing a TTE lip..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...storation.html
Thanks for the link, the end tabs where it screws to the bumper seems to be too long.
Old 05-23-13, 01:18 AM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the phrase "TTE lip should have came factory" has really took its toll...

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen GS Rep TTE Front Lip For $109.98 Shipped!!!!!!!!!!!