GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

5 Zigen Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 05:23 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5 Zigen Exhaust question

For those of you with the 5zigen Fireball Mega exhaust how much lower do these mufflers sit compared to the stock one's? From the pictures I've seen they look to be about the same. Even tilted the same.
Old 04-16-13, 07:51 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not even close to being the same. Those mufflers hang low.
Old 04-16-13, 08:12 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Not even close to being the same. Those mufflers hang low.
Right now I have an inch clearance from scraping on entry of my driveway with stock mufflers. From the pictures I've seen it could cut it close. I might have to lay down a pair of floor mats when entering my driveway. Good thing I only drive my car once or twice a week.
Old 04-16-13, 09:37 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They hang extremely low.

Just scrape it your $800 pair of axle backs hahah
Old 04-16-13, 09:56 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc300jz
They hang extremely low.

Just scrape it your $800 pair of axle backs hahah
That's the price when they were available. Now they are almost twice that. I might have to mod the hangers etc if they hang that low. I really don't have a choice. Other then the JP type 2 which is also discontinued the rest of the available exhaust for the Gs look terrible.
Old 04-16-13, 10:28 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

^^ custom, I was gonna do some megan/ magnaflow boxes with truck tips
Old 04-16-13, 10:45 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

With an inch of clearance before you are definitely gonna scrape now with the exhaust on. Ever though of 2x4's?
Old 04-17-13, 12:17 AM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
With an inch of clearance before you are definitely gonna scrape now with the exhaust on. Ever though of 2x4's?
Once again bags ftw lol I scrape more whe driving on roads then my driveway anyways modding the hanggers will no work cause the way the tip is angled up if I shorten the hangger it will bring up the exhaust and the tip closer to the bumper
Old 04-18-13, 10:35 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my GS and I am at stock height right now and I scrape on steep driveways. So I know when I do lower mine I will scrape super bad.
Old 04-19-13, 07:45 AM
AEeighty6
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed my 5zigen Fireballs because they would fall off while driving lol. The cans are dented in the bottom and scraped. If you are driving really low and is afraid of messing up your exhaust I wouldnt do it. If you are like me that drive low, daily everyday and no effs given then by all means it is a nice bragging right. I am actually getting ready to put mine back on lol. Good luck!
Old 04-19-13, 07:57 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn some of you guys are champs

Glad I went with my current setup! I am pretty low and rarely scrape
Old 04-19-13, 08:33 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AEeighty6
I removed my 5zigen Fireballs because they would fall off while driving lol. The cans are dented in the bottom and scraped. If you are driving really low and is afraid of messing up your exhaust I wouldnt do it. If you are like me that drive low, daily everyday and no effs given then by all means it is a nice bragging right. I am actually getting ready to put mine back on lol. Good luck!
I was going to pick up a used set but you guys talked me out of it. They just hang retarded low and my car will always be slammed. Even when I add cups to my coilovers I will have most of the adjustment going down and maybe an inch on the raise which sounds like still won't be enough with this exhaust.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Damn some of you guys are champs

Glad I went with my current setup! I am pretty low and rarely scrape
The only downside of your exhaust is its deletion of the resonators. I've had way too many loud exhaust that drown into the cabin. I want something that looks Vip but very subtle sound wise. I want to keep the luxury feel of the car. I'm probably just going to order up the JP type 3.
Old 04-19-13, 09:25 AM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AEeighty6
Hahahahaha tats the low life that we live I guess but stop scaring people ur car is not low its dumped
But clean *** hell
Old 04-19-13, 09:28 AM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The fact that this exhaust is so rare now and hard to find it worth having to adjust my driving style. Like I said right now I am at stock height but once wheels and suspsion is installed I my change my opinion haha.
Old 04-19-13, 05:43 PM
sc4jms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too have this exhaust but dont run my gs crazy low jus because i cant make it out of the driveway. lol. it looks good and clean not loud or raspy. you do have watch yourself on steep driveways, as long as you know how to run low you should be ok. Its almost guaranteed you will eventually scrape it sooner or later.

Quick Reply: 5 Zigen Exhaust question