GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 07:45 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed Rohana RC10's today
Could use a little more drop, but in all honesty, out here, ummmm that's a death sentence.
Even now with this mild drop its pretty treacherous trying to get around the city. WITH the wheels on.

Last edited by KingNasGS4; 07-10-14 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-09-14, 08:54 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

looking good!
Old 07-10-14, 03:10 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

nice wheels King... I'm fan of the Rohana line up.. some wheels that fit the Lexus well... no more stock 17's lol unless those are winter wheels,,,
Old 07-10-14, 12:39 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

New brakes all the way around
Drilled/slotted rotors all the way around
New G2 black caliper paint got rid of the red (hideous) new white logos
Plasti dipping next week the rims I don't do nothing but stock rims n suspension I keep it classy on these horrendous PA streets lol

What did you do to your GS today?-ppnejox.jpg

Feels amazing!!
Old 07-10-14, 01:37 PM
TigerBrand
Rookie

Originally Posted by SicilyGS4
I hate those, threw mine right in the trash because u can only put the wipers on the first slow setting, u try and put the wipers on another lower setting and it bangs off the fob u can't do it, I had some extremely fun rainy days on the way home from work lemme tell ya!
really? mine clears no problem. I've had the wipers on max quite a few times lately, actually. It's been raining quite a bit here.
Old 07-10-14, 03:25 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmf2004
nice wheels King... I'm fan of the Rohana line up.. some wheels that fit the Lexus well... no more stock 17's lol unless those are winter wheels,,,

17s back on in December!

Or when ever the first time we are forecasted for snow
Old 07-10-14, 11:54 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SicilyGS4
New brakes all the way around
Drilled/slotted rotors all the way around
New G2 black caliper paint got rid of the red (hideous) new white logos
Plasti dipping next week the rims I don't do nothing but stock rims n suspension I keep it classy on these horrendous PA streets lol

Feels amazing!!
--- Me either bro. I like my cars bone stock with that little personalized tweak here and there. I am also in PA. PM me if anything. BTW quick question.... Do your brakes make any funny squeeky noises when you turn the steering wheel? Just curious.
Old 07-11-14, 10:45 AM
iToaster
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I finished installing power folding mirrors today. Took a set of Aristo mirrors and swapped the power folding frame over while reusing the stock US parts to retain the memory and electrochromic functions. I replaced the factory door computers with "Taiwan-spec" ones (for the folding support) and ran two wires to each connector where I inserted the folding motor's pins. The stock body computer will tell the door ECUs to fold the mirrors when pin 7 is grounded, so I hooked that up through a factory switch and magically everything worked.

New door ECU:

Folded mirror:

Factory switch:
Old 07-11-14, 10:55 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iToaster
I finished installing power folding mirrors today. Took a set of Aristo mirrors and swapped the power folding frame over while reusing the stock US parts to retain the memory and electrochromic functions. I replaced the factory door computers with "Taiwan-spec" ones (for the folding support) and ran two wires to each connector where I inserted the folding motor's pins. The stock body computer will tell the door ECUs to fold the mirrors when pin 7 is grounded, so I hooked that up through a factory switch and magically everything worked.

New door ECU:

Folded mirror:

Factory switch:
Wow what a great job bro! I must say WELL DONE. Looks good. First 2GS I see with that feature. Enjoy your hard work!
Old 07-11-14, 11:37 AM
DOPEPICS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iToaster

New door ECU:

Folded mirror:

Factory switch:

sweet mod...
Old 07-11-14, 12:37 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

looks good. another mod I want added to the list
Old 07-12-14, 01:09 AM
DOPEPICS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was swapping on a way less worn steering wheel...

Chrome on the airbag was peeling so...

Actually bought the car with this problem... Got a whole set of white handles for super cheap...

Oh well eyesore but functional till paint.. :/

Old 07-12-14, 01:21 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DOPEPICS
Was swapping on a way less worn steering wheel...

Chrome on the airbag was peeling so...

Actually bought the car with this problem... Got a whole set of white handles for super cheap...

Oh well eyesore but functional till paint.. :/
--- I like the black logo in the steering wheel bro. Great job man. Post pics of the end results if you can, please. We're all very interested in seeing the finished up, cleaned up pics.
Old 07-12-14, 02:19 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

scored another RMM strut bar on ebay for dirt cheap about 2 weeks ago, Got it back from hydro dipping on Thursday... Now its either keep the polished bar on or swap it out for this one...

Old 07-12-14, 01:02 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, this isn't going to sound sexy but, about about a month ago I had my alternator replaced because my GS died on me while waiting at a light with a bunch of motorcycle cops swirling around writing tickets. I was issued a ticket for using my cell to call for help while my car was in traffic lmao

Then about 3 weeks ago I had my water pump and timing belt replaced (along with a free oil change, which was cool). While test driving my car my mechanic noticed it was shifting strangely and I already knew what that meant..."The transmission needs replacing."

So today my car is at the shop having a new (used) transmission installed, getting a tune up, and having my valve covers changed.

Let's hope this is it for now...I'm tired of the little repair spell I've been dealing with for the last month and a half or so!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?