GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-13, 09:28 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey does anyone know about removing door mirrors? I gotta replace my mirror. My last thing. I'm trying to look for a link now. You know, how to remove door panel without damaging any clips, cables, etc. that's where ima start. But please, if anyone can throw me a link I'd appreciate it.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-13-13, 01:39 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

^^dude, stop posting using your CL app and get on a laptop or computer and search! Our cars has been around since 1998, so there is PLENTY of info on this site with your questions answered. There are plenty of threads where people have shown or did a DYI on how to take off the door panel properly...quit looking to be spoon fed man!
Old 01-13-13, 07:34 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
^^dude, stop posting using your CL app and get on a laptop or computer and search! Our cars has been around since 1998, so there is PLENTY of info on this site with your questions answered. There are plenty of threads where people have shown or did a DYI on how to take off the door panel properly...quit looking to be spoon fed man!
Old 01-13-13, 09:01 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-13, 08:04 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Well I looked for it. And I still haven't found it. Nothing on that top link with all the DIYs in the 2GS section has anything on removing door mirror. Ima keep checking tho. I'd appreciate any tips.... Not lip lol

Old 01-14-13, 08:16 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Nvm. I found something. Helpful too. Thanks!

Old 01-14-13, 10:47 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

A nice cloudy day out. I love the look of new lights
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-cloudyday2.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-cloudyday1.jpg  
Old 01-14-13, 11:05 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

GoKuSSJ3 - If you have not yet done so please read the 2GS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the 2Gen GS forum thread. If you already have let me remind you to please stop simply telling/yelling at members to search. If you want to suggest they search help them out by telling them what keywords to use in the search and possibly provide a couple of links to useful thread links.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-13, 05:14 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Debonair
Quote:

GoKuSSJ3 - If you have not yet done so please read the 2GS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the 2Gen GS forum thread. If you already have let me remind you to please stop simply telling/yelling at members to search. If you want to suggest they search help them out by telling them what keywords to use in the search and possibly provide a couple of links to useful thread links.

Thanks.
Debonair, you are truly a good sport/gentlemen. I recall you helping me on several threads. And answering many of my questions. In a polite, helpful manner. I wish all members were more like you. I really do not post anything to be baby fed. Even tho it might seem that way when you read it, its really not. I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Sometimes I simply do not have time to do "enough"searching so I ask for help. I'm not trying to anger or be offensive to any members. I get shocked sometimes at the responses I get when I ask for help. But there's people like you who make things seem better. Thank you Debonair. Your an OG for sure in my book.

Old 01-15-13, 05:31 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

looks like you got it mostly sorted...
Old 01-15-13, 05:44 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by aneidiaz

Just in case,

Steps 1-17

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...n-signals.html
Old 01-16-13, 04:45 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Told you lol. Knew you would find something, it's so much info on this site.

A nice cloudy day out. I love the look of new lights
Great work!! Doesn't even look like it was smashed earlier. How did the fender paint match up with your old paint? Can you tell the difference. Looks like a perfect match to me from the pics.
Old 01-16-13, 04:59 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by Debonair

Thanks.
Yes, I've read the thread in the past and I understand where you are coming from but, I wasn't yelling or attempting to be mean at the OP or any other members on this site. I try to be helpful with members here if I'm able to shed some knowledge on a topic. Search my posts in this thread, I haven't been mean or yelling to the OP; actually showing more empathy in my past post because of what someone did to his car. I was simply stating to get off the CL app because it's plenty of info on this site. There is a DIY in the sticky on how to take off the door panel. When people take the time to search, it allows them to understand the Search capability of this site and a lot of times, you end up finding more useful information than you initially started looking for. This is the case for me anyway. Maybe I'm just different. The ONLY time I make a new thread is if I"ve searched using this site and Google, and I STILL can't find the answer.

To the OP, sorry if my post came at you like I was yelling. "If I go and catch a fish for you, you only eat once and you are hungry again, if I teach you how to fish, you will never go hungry again"...something my late G-Father used to tell me.
Old 01-16-13, 06:14 AM
Samda515
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aneidiaz - Where did you get your parts from? Also did you have to replace your inner fender?
Old 01-16-13, 07:05 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by Samda515
aneidiaz - Where did you get your parts from? Also did you have to replace your inner fender?
He purchased all OEM based on this thread.

Quick Reply: Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...