DIY - Ebay's 98-01 Land Cruiser Dual Fog Light Mod
After posting up a picture of my car. I was asked by many if I could do a write up on how I fitted the fog light into the bumper.
This process is not reversible once you cut or heat up your stock bumper. I am not accountable if you mess up following these steps.
Assuming you know how to take off the front bumper & wiring up fog light. If not then there is plenty of direction on the forum and Google. So I will skip these steps.
Item used in this project.
- Heat gun,
- Sharp razor blade
- Metal or wood stick/bar (need it to shape the bumper while its hot.)
- 10 screws and washer. (5 screw and washer for each side)
- Power drill unless you want a workout use a hand screw driver.
- A set of 98-01 Land Cruiser fog light off EBay. ($75)
1. Once the OEM light is out. Place the LC fog light in & measure how much to cut the fins. Its best to keep it a little longer. You can always trim for a nice fit but it’s hard to make a short fin longer. Keep measuring & trim little by little till you get the fin to fit nicely with the fog light.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
4. While holding in the LC fog light use a heat gun to heat up the back of the bumper. Just dont over heat the bumper. Keep the heat gun moving. (I just lined the LC fog light up with the marking the oem fog light left on the bumper.