GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another door problem/key fob

Old 11-11-12, 07:13 PM
lexmajor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another door problem/key fob

Well like the title says its a door problem. 2day while messing with my gs3 I was installing an led dome light while the car was on!! Big mistake wasnt thinking at the time. Well anyways next thing you know almost everything gets blown radio, dome light, sun visor mirror light, and foot well light..so I'm thinking its just a fuse but its to late to check so I leave and press the key fob lock button and no luck I try to unlock and also nothing so I get back to the car and luckily the driver side lock buttons and passenger lock button work. But know I'm thinking what can be wrong I searched but all I found was about door aculaters, could it be that or should I check my fuses, I really need to figure this out I'm starting to get nervous that its something huge. Please help
Old 11-11-12, 07:55 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

dont worry too much, its a fuse.

i didnt have my car on but had the battery connected and the fuse blew couldnt lock my car either.

lesson learned, unplug the battery before you mod anything related to electrical

crack open your manual, and it tells you which fuse controls what. our car should have a total of 4 fuse boxes.
Old 11-11-12, 09:36 PM
Jasonohyea
Driver School Candidate

Always start simple and cheap. Just as above its a fuse.
Old 11-13-12, 11:29 AM
lexmajor
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys, it was just a fuse weirdly enough it was the dome light fuse after replacing the fuse everything went back to normal including my CD changer, had no idea it took effect on this too. Except that i no longer can see my open door or airbag warning light when i put the key in the acc position, so i took apart the gauge to try to replace the warning light bulbs and i just moved around working bulbs from other warning lights to the non working warning light(airbag & open door) thinking it might just be a blown bulb but no luck its not a blown bulb, so now i'm thinking could it be the sun visor mirror light that i haven't replaced since it blew my fuses out or is it a seperate fuse that i never found( went through 5 boxes that hold fuses) i know my old car had a seperate fuse box for the airbags but i couldn't find it on the gs3. I would check my manual but unfortunately my gs3 didn't come with 1, just a lemon law booklet from lexus and some other weird booklet just not the manual. I really appreciate the help, i just bought the car about 6 months ago, well my first car i ever really bought(first one was a hand down since i was just learning how to drive) but im really in the focus on making my car a sweeeet Vipstyle GS3 I realllyy appreciate all the help and thanks again.

Last edited by lexmajor; 11-13-12 at 11:31 AM. Reason: edit