Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Parastitic battery drain

Old 09-10-12, 08:20 PM   #1
LexXxtacy
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Parastitic battery drain

99 gs4. Main problem is I have a parastitic battery drain and cannot figure the culprit out so maybe you guys can help. I have a test light and the only fuse when pulled to make the light go out is the mpx-b fuse in the passenger engine fuse box area. Does anyone have a diagram to see what is on that circuit?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
LexXxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 09:11 PM   #2
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (21)

First, you need to find out how much of a parasitic draw it's draining from your battery. Get a DVOM, set it to AMPS and hook it up the meter in series between the negative battery post and negative battery cable. Report the reading back here.

--Just re-read your post. Can you take a snap shot of the fuse that is draining your battery? So i can see which column and row it's in. Maybe i can find some info.

Last edited by GS4_Fiend; 09-10-12 at 09:15 PM..
GS4_Fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 07:00 AM   #3
LexXxtacy
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Sorry for the absence in response I didnt notice anyone got back to me. I included a picture of the multimeter I am using to perform the test. I selected the blue DC-MA on the left.

What i did was open the hood, closed all the doors, keys out the ignition and waited 30 minutes I suppose for the computer to shut down/sleep. I then took the negative cable off of the battery post and put the multimeter on the DC-MA and one lead on the battery and one on the negative wire. i got a reading of .14 I am not sure what to make of that number, I also used a 12v test light which illuminated bright performing the same method as the multimeter

*I also included a picture of the wires/plug on the passenger side interior fuse block that when i unplug that (i do everytime im done driving the car which is a major PITA) it stops the battery drain. also to correct my original post its the ecu-b1 fuse in the fus block by battery that also stops it. Im puzzled, I already tried switiching out body control 1 with a known good one no difference. ANY help would be much appreciate.
Attached Images

LexXxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 05:02 AM   #4
sam12345
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...eps-dying.html

Read the Yamae post
sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 05:02 AM

Tags
350, 98, battery, body, dead, drain, drains, fuse, gs, gx460, lexus, ls460, lx470, month, mpxb