GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How many speakers/ subwoofers are in the back of a lexus GS430??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 08:48 PM
rena
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How many speakers/ subwoofers are in the back of a lexus GS430??

I bought a lexus GS430 in the summer. Found out that that the back of my car when i put the stereo sound all the way to the back, was just coming out of the car door speakers. SO I went and found a woofer in the middle of the trunk, upside down. I went and had some friends look at it and they said it looked like a wire was touching another wire and they fixed it. So all of a sudden the trunk was booming and the subwoofer was making noise....
AND their seemed to be noise coming out the inside of the car behind the backseats. I looked and there seems to be a speaker cover there. Is there a speaker in there as well?

Then i noticed that the subwoofer in the trunk was making this weird croaky sound like it was blown. Then it cut out all of a sudden again. BUT their was still sound coming from the inside of the car behind the seat. Where that speaker cover is.

Question: Is there a speaker behind the back seat in the middle where that speaker cover is?
If so why did it start working when the subwoofer was connected. And why is it working now that the one in the trunk isnt working again. AND sorry but one more thing. There is a black box beside the sub woofer in the trunk. What is that?
Old 08-25-12, 08:53 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rena
I bought a lexus GS430 in the summer. Found out that that the back of my car when i put the stereo sound all the way to the back, was just coming out of the car door speakers. SO I went and found a woofer in the middle of the trunk, upside down. I went and had some friends look at it and they said it looked like a wire was touching another wire and they fixed it. So all of a sudden the trunk was booming and the subwoofer was making noise....
AND their seemed to be noise coming out the inside of the car behind the backseats. I looked and there seems to be a speaker cover there. Is there a speaker in there as well?

Then i noticed that the subwoofer in the trunk was making this weird croaky sound like it was blown. Then it cut out all of a sudden again. BUT their was still sound coming from the inside of the car behind the seat. Where that speaker cover is.

Question: Is there a speaker behind the back seat in the middle where that speaker cover is?
If so why did it start working when the subwoofer was connected. And why is it working now that the one in the trunk isnt working again. AND sorry but one more thing. There is a black box beside the sub woofer in the trunk. What is that?
I have a 400 and I only got a subwoofer on the back dash and some mids and highs in the doors.
Old 08-26-12, 04:27 AM
Choquit
Rookie

There are 4 speakers in the front (tweeters n door speakers) n 2 in the rear (door speakers) n there's a subwoofer the subwoofer is under the speaker cover n that Lil black box next to the sub is for the seat belts Im not sure but do remember reading about that on here

And for the sound cracking Im guessing either ur subs r blown or u might b havin the bass up too high
Old 08-26-12, 05:29 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

yeah mines is cracked, so when i have higher bass it tends to make that crackling noise. so i just keep the bass to a minimum until i buy another 1 brand new off of sewell lexus. i believe with CL discount, its somewhere under $200. which is pretty good.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 08-26-12, 09:09 AM
rena
Driver

Question What about the trunk?

I seem to have 4 speakers in the back. One in each door. One behind the seats in the middle of the back ledge. (covered by that speaker cover) and then one in the trunk hanging in the middle toward the back.
Someone here MUST have 4 speakers!
It says Mark Levinson on it so it has to have come with the car. It could be just a base speaker. Plus the one behind the seats in the back didnt start working until the wires were put together in the trunk speaker?? The guy looking at the one in the trunk says its about 50 to replace.

The one in the trunk is base whatever it is.It would only go on when I put on a rap song. And then the car would shake but there was that crackling sound from it.

Last edited by rena; 08-26-12 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-26-12, 10:18 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a ML, dash speaker, 2 tweeters, 4 door speakers, and a subwoofer
Old 08-26-12, 12:45 PM
rena
Driver

Default ??

I need to know who else has what I do.

So is this stock? The one in the trunk? Or is this put there afterwards. And somebody just bought a martin levinson part.

I have a GS430 2004.
Old 08-26-12, 03:56 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 400 and have two tweeters in the front, all four doors have a speaker and a sub in the rear panel. Seen some 430s with the exact same setup I do. Someone before you must have installed extra speakers
Old 08-28-12, 04:18 PM
ninja6o4
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 02 GS430 with ML, and only have 2 speakers in rear doors and the sub on the rear deck. Someone modified the rears before you got it if you have tweeters back there. Take a pic and post it up!

edit: where in BC are you? Just wondering if you bought one of the local ones that were on craigslist.