GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 02:39 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*

can anyone help me indicate what wire this is/what it controls? Im tracing down a parastitic drain on my battery and this is the wire that is causing it. Im trying to figure out what is on this wire. i started the car with it unplugged and tried to find things that didnt work, cd player and my steering wheel wouldnt come down. its in the passenger side fuse box right above the black relay, if someone could help that would be great.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4398.jpg   Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4399.jpg   Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4400.jpg  
Old 04-21-12, 04:43 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some of the wires are for your turn signals.
Check to see which lights don't work
Old 04-21-12, 05:22 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

few things i noticed after i started it up with unplug is my cd player (aftermarket) wont even power on, the steering wheel that automatically comes downt o you will not work, however you can use the manual buttons to move it, the key illumination doesnt work and the passenger indicator blinks until you plug in a seat belt.

before i had problems with my blower motor not working and then it worked when i UNPLUGGED the fuse for it. when i unplugged this the blower motor stopped so i plugged the heater fuse back in and that works perfect now with fuse PLUGGED in.. the wires from this plug seem to go back through the firewall. this is very frustratin what is causing this. i dont want to plug it back in right now because with it plugged in something is dranin my battery.

on the layouts it doesnt say what this is for or what is on the circuit...any help would be very appreciated
Old 04-21-12, 10:59 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

you didnt say what kind of car you got
Old 04-21-12, 11:03 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
you didnt say what kind of car you got
If he says "a (insert color here) one" I'm going to laugh.

OP - how did you trace it to this wire? You said your aftermarket deck isn't turning on. Perhaps you have the constant/switched power inverted on the deck??

Big Mack
Old 04-21-12, 11:44 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

let me know what year your car, what model and what are the wire colors. i can help you out. i already got a head start, that connector is "IJ3 it goes from the left speaker to the NAV". Does your car have navigation? I need more information to confirm this.
Old 04-22-12, 07:59 AM
LexXxtacy
Driver

Thanks GS4_Fiend, The car is a 99 GS400.

I traced it to this wire with a test light betweent he neg wire and neg terminal on battery and it was a steady bright light, i started pulling fuses 1 by 1 and finally the fuse in the engine bay labeled, body control 1 made the light go right out, so i went to tha fuse box whichis passenger side and started unplgging the fuses there to see what it was and this is the wire that is the culprit, the problem is i dont know what is on this circuit(plug) causing it. with it unplugged the cd player wont power on, the interior lights wont work and the automatic telescopic steering wheel wont come down however it still works manually. ****also the strange part is with this plug PLUGGED in the blower motor only works with fuse UNPLGGED from driver side fuse panel. with this unplugged, it only works with the fuse in which is how it should be. im just lost on what it could be

*I will update with the colors on wire soon as I get home. I no longer have the facotry amp nor radio in the car. I dont belive it had navigation, it had a pioneer amp im pretty sure.
Old 04-22-12, 12:10 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by LexXxtacy
****also the strange part is with this plug PLUGGED in the blower motor only works with fuse UNPLGGED from driver side fuse panel. with this unplugged, it only works with the fuse in which is how it should be. im just lost on what it could be.
It sounds to me like someone did a funky bypass on a blower motor circuit, but it's very odd that it works with the fuse unplugged when the plug is in, and fuse plugged in when the plug is not in. Makes me think a relay may have been added somewhere in the line causing a collapsible circuit...

Big Mack
Old 04-22-12, 01:25 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

added fewmore pics of diagram which doesnt tell what it is but shows the one in question and a few pics of the color of wires involved, maybe the red is power? hopefully i can figure out what each wire is to

**also noticed that with unplugged that the passenger seatbelt warning blinks non stop until a seatbelt is plugged in never noticed that before.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4401.jpg   Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4402.jpg   Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4405.jpg   Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*-cimg4407.jpg  
Old 04-22-12, 04:24 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Ok. That connector is related to the radio/cd player. It has a radio fuse rated at 20 amps. Connect a test light in series to the battery negative, disconnect the 20 amp fuse for the radio and watch if the test light dims. If yes, that's your culprit.

That plug relates to the components of the car amp, speakers and/or navigation if it previously have one or not.

Report back.
Old 04-22-12, 04:40 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

ok, where is the radio fuse, the diagram shows a radio fuse on driver side junction box rated at 15a and one on passenger side labeled dome which cuts power to cdplayer also.

*also my factory amp is out of car and the plugs are not plugged into anything if that would matter at all?
Old 04-22-12, 05:41 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Should be a radio fuse rated 20 amps. It's the No. 1 fuse. Look for it.
Old 04-22-12, 05:53 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

I found it it was int he engine compartment, i tried as u said and the light still bright, the only fuse that dims the light is the ecu body control 1 fuse in engine bay
Old 04-22-12, 06:07 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

find out how much amp is your car is drawing right now. i look at the wiring diagram it it leads to a radio fuse rated at 20 amp. looks like that's not the problem. the best advice i can give u is to find out how much amp is your car is drawing and start disconnect fuses that gives the most amp drop and that would be the culprit.

P.S. - On the side note, did you try to disconnect the Radio 15 amps? Check if amp draw is dropped. Because that fuse is related with the passenger seat belt light.

P.S.S - Also try to unplug the power to the aftermarket radio see if the amp draws drops down, since somebody tried to mess around with the wires.

Last edited by GS4_Fiend; 04-22-12 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-23-12, 06:08 AM
LexXxtacy
Driver

ok I just did that, I pulled every fuse and relay in bother driver and passenger side. and engine bay. the only 2 things that made the light go out was the ecu bc1 fuse in the engine compartment which controls the passenger side fuse box ecu and the plug in question i took pictures of.

would you or anyone have a schematic of what each color on that plug represents. when i plug and unplug it in i can hear a relay clicking(pretty sure its the big black one right by it) so its giving power to something

I think i read somewhere on here, and i cant find it now that , on non nav car the telescopic tilt ecu is wired to the AC controller. i can feel im getting really close to figuring it out

Quick Reply: Can someone indicate this plug? *PIC ADDED*