GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

poured a bottle of lucas deep clean fuel cleaner = TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-12, 07:48 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used it about four times now and have not had a problem with it. I pour the entire bottle in with a full tank of gas.
Old 04-11-12, 08:19 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by wald.sc400
hey guys, i poured the entire bottle on less than 1/4 tank of 93 gas...i think that's my problem
This was going to be my first question. Lucas Deep Clean is rated for up to 30 gallons so I always use it on a full tank and have had no issues.

Last edited by Debonair; 04-11-12 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added Lucas Link
Old 04-11-12, 09:09 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

If you guys havent notice, hes using the deep clean, not the regular one.
Old 04-11-12, 09:09 AM
VIPDreamin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i use the regular one at every oil change on a full tank,,,
Old 04-11-12, 09:54 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
If you guys havent notice, hes using the deep clean, not the regular one.
Even with the deep clean I think he may have been okay if it would have been with a full tank.

To OP: Go full up and hopefully that will help dilute and you should be okay.
Old 04-11-12, 11:53 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Seafoam FTMFW

And I have used one bottle in the gas tank, one bottle in the oil cap, and half a bottle in the pcv vacuum......with no issues.
Old 04-11-12, 02:07 PM
Protagnist
Rookie

Do you guys actually notice any benefits from using this stuff? I have tried cleaner once or twice on my land cruiser and never saw a difference. Wondering if the GS responds differently?
Old 04-11-12, 03:29 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Protagnist
Do you guys actually notice any benefits from using this stuff? I have tried cleaner once or twice on my land cruiser and never saw a difference. Wondering if the GS responds differently?
The point in using it is to clean out the carbon buildup thats on the intake valves. If the cleaner is strong enough, it will clean the carbon off better and you will feel a difference.
Old 04-11-12, 04:25 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
The point in using it is to clean out the carbon buildup thats on the intake valves. If the cleaner is strong enough, it will clean the carbon off better and you will feel a difference.
Maybe it should go without saying, but given that this audience can't follow instructions, I'll dumb it down to the lowest common denominator and say it:

You need to have carbon buildup to begin with for a cleaner to remove, in order to have a difference.

Last edited by raytseng; 04-11-12 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-11-12, 04:38 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how can u bash the product then say u had great results in other cars. as if that single bottle had mystical engine killing powers. do you know how much stuff is knocked loose when using products like that or seafoam? it is always best to use it when u are planing a service to keep things like this from happening. it is possible something was knocked loose and clogged your filter, fuel line, injector tips etc etc.
Old 04-11-12, 04:44 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raytseng
Maybe it should go without saying, but given that this audience can't follow instructions, I'll dumb it down to the lowest common denominator and say it:

You need to have carbon buildup to begin with for a cleaner to remove, in order to have a difference.
This is also true when you dont feel a difference
Old 04-11-12, 06:10 PM
wald.sc400
BANNED for ripping off other members

Originally Posted by Nova
how can u bash the product then say u had great results in other cars. as if that single bottle had mystical engine killing powers. do you know how much stuff is knocked loose when using products like that or seafoam? it is always best to use it when u are planing a service to keep things like this from happening. it is possible something was knocked loose and clogged your filter, fuel line, injector tips etc etc.
how can i? simple: b/c it worked fine in my bmw's, this time, not so fine on my gs4. and no, it's not best to use when planning a service. fill ups do the trick, seafoam is the only who recommends replacing the plugs after using via the intake/throttle/brake booster b/c of heavy carbon build up within them. never had any issues with chevron - and again, no service needed for using this.
Old 04-12-12, 07:04 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Something is wrong with your car. I have used this solution twice before with no problems at all. Check your fuel filter, MAF sensor, possibly O2??
Old 04-12-12, 07:33 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wald.sc400
how can i? simple: b/c it worked fine in my bmw's, this time, not so fine on my gs4. and no, it's not best to use when planning a service. fill ups do the trick, seafoam is the only who recommends replacing the plugs after using via the intake/throttle/brake booster b/c of heavy carbon build up within them. never had any issues with chevron - and again, no service needed for using this.
dude...seriously??? The bottle says 'treats up to 20 gallons'. You added a full bottle of super concentrated fuel cleaner to ~5 gallons of fuel?! Of COURSE it's going to run like crap. You should always run lucas fuel system cleaner with at least 10-12 gallons of fuel, preferably about 15 ideally. Don't blame the product for your carelessness.

Originally Posted by repugnante
Something is wrong with your car. I have used this solution twice before with no problems at all. Check your fuel filter, MAF sensor, possibly O2??

wow :facepalm:

As an FYI to anyone else reading this, Seafoam 2-3 times a year is EXCESSIVE and can cause more harm than good.
Old 04-12-12, 08:02 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
wow :facepalm:
Did you not read what I wrote? I said I have used it twice before. Not twice within the week, month or even year. Read.

Dude.

Last edited by repugnante; 04-12-12 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: poured a bottle of lucas deep clean fuel cleaner = TROUBLE