GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I finally dyno'd my car. New world record? Pix and videos inside!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-12, 05:19 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

insane.

thing is a total sleeper too, now dyno the white one! haha
Old 04-05-12, 05:46 PM
oki_boy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daaaaaaaaaaam!
Old 04-05-12, 05:57 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

wow! id really like to see a COMPLETE mod list.... also what exactly did you do to the a650e in order to hold that kind of power!?!?!? I MUST KNOW!!!!!
Old 04-05-12, 06:32 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrades Jeff.......

show the man some love, don't hide now, the dyno sheet is up
Old 04-05-12, 07:44 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For all those who called you out and doubted your numbers...theres the proof. Congrats
Old 04-05-12, 07:58 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hands down the most impressive 2GS i've seen.., period.
Old 04-05-12, 08:12 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the praises. I build these cars just to see what's the potential and limits of these cars. Then maybe it will give someone the motivation to eventually do one of their own builds one day.

I honestly hit the dyno thinking to be at around the 650rwhp range. Always underestimate so that you won't be disappointed at dyno day heh. I'm so used to powerful cars, so at this power level it just feels "normal" to me lol. I know it's fast because I can pull sportbikes on the highway, but it just doensn't "feel" like it's that fast to me. The passengers that ride along always think differently though . I run E85 pretty much daily because there's a station not to far from my house. So I am ***** to the wall at this power level on a daily basis, and yes I use the power to the full potential several times a day. It's not just a dyno queen that has race gas to make some ballin' numbers. This is truly a daily driven 800whp 4 door family sedan

Originally Posted by 1QWKLEX
That's nuts Jeff. Very nicely done. Is that on e85?
Yeah, E85. Awesome stuff, but such a pain in the butt to tune. It's so touchy in making power, much less forgiving than race gas. Especially so when the E85 fuel mix changes slightly. I'm evnetually going to intergrate a Flex Fuel sensor into my fuel system so that the tune can compensate automatically.

Originally Posted by Hardrvin
Congratulations! Glad it went smoothly w/ exception to the wastegate spring.

Random thing I've been meaning to ask you. W/ the ECU being in the engine bay, how'd you handle the eManage location? Are you running a long extension and running it inside the cabin, or did you mount it in the engine bay as well?
I'm going to get the WG spring uprated this week. I might be going back in a few weeks and attempt a 900whp run!
The emanage is inside the cabin, I made like a custom 5ft extension harness to run it inside. Do not leave it in the engine bay, the electronics are not waterproof and don't work well in the hot engine bay.

Originally Posted by Kzoosho
Hey Jeff , I may need your settings from your emanage. Just the initial ones like jumpers and a few corrections. Also are u running with the Maf still or speed density
No prob, just send me a message and I'll let you know what needs to be done. Believe it or not, I'm still on the MAF sensor lol.

Originally Posted by AM21GS400
That's Insane. I wish my gs could push those numbers. haha

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how much time and money has gone into this project?
It's the pursit of knowledge that has kept me going and keep striving to improve. I have a bunch of other stuff on the car like brakes, wheels, audio system, and a bunch of custom stuff. If you just are curious about the total that has gone into the engine, I would say around $7-8k in parts. I did all the work so no labor counted into that price. A shop to do all this fabrication and custom build would easily be like $15k just in labor alone. That's the reason I elected to do it on my own lol. All the other goodies in the car probably adds up to another $5-6k, but there was a lot of fab work for some of those things to work in the car, so again labor not counted there. The total tag on PARTS ONLY is about $14-15k or so I would say.

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Where are emission readings?
I didn't hook it up to a sniffer, hence why I said it will pass plug in OBD-II testing. It might just be able to eek by on a sniffer because I'm on E85. That stuff burns so freakin clean. I might get one of my friends that's a state inspector hook up a sniffer and emissions dyno just to see how it does.
Old 04-05-12, 08:48 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

I didn't hook it up to a sniffer, hence why I said it will pass plug in OBD-II testing. It might just be able to eek by on a sniffer because I'm on E85. That stuff burns so freakin clean. I might get one of my friends that's a state inspector hook up a sniffer and emissions dyno just to see how it does.
Your post did state, pass emissions with flying colors. But mad props to you if what you said is really true, passing with flying colors on emissions. I would like to see the results.
Old 04-05-12, 08:57 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Your post did state, pass emissions with flying colors. But mad props to you if what you said is really true, passing with flying colors on emissions. I would like to see the results.
My inspection is coming up in 4 months, I'll post up another sucessful inspection report this year when I go get it done. I have my state inspection report from last year. Passed everything on the list, all monitors ready except for EVAP. I had to reset ecu because I was doing some tuning, and the EVAP takes about a day or two to pass into ready state. It needs to be full cold start where the coolant and intake temp sensor are within a few degrees of each other. The monitor readied up a day or two after I got my sticker. Texas allows 1 monitor to be not ready and you still pass. If I took it in 2 days later, I would of passed the inspection with all monitors ready. So yes, the car passes plug in obd-ii. I'll roll it on the sniffer with E85 just out of curiosity one day just to see if it passes or not lol.
Old 04-05-12, 10:32 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Fantastic
Old 04-05-12, 10:34 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
My inspection is coming up in 4 months, I'll post up another sucessful inspection report this year when I go get it done. I have my state inspection report from last year. Passed everything on the list, all monitors ready except for EVAP. I had to reset ecu because I was doing some tuning, and the EVAP takes about a day or two to pass into ready state. It needs to be full cold start where the coolant and intake temp sensor are within a few degrees of each other. The monitor readied up a day or two after I got my sticker. Texas allows 1 monitor to be not ready and you still pass. If I took it in 2 days later, I would of passed the inspection with all monitors ready. So yes, the car passes plug in obd-ii. I'll roll it on the sniffer with E85 just out of curiosity one day just to see if it passes or not lol.
On 2001 and up, you are allowed 1 incomplete monitor. But I'm not concerned with the EVAP. I'm surprised your car is still in fuel control even with that big turbo of yours. Maybe it's because o2 simulators that's why it's not tripping?
Old 04-05-12, 10:39 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Finally some official dyno numbers. I must say I'm very impressed with the results seeing that you're still on a piggy back. Now put some slicks on that sucker and go make a 9 sec pass down the track. My friend down in FL just gave me some motivation for my next build. His Supra made 1036 whp @ 41psi last week.
Old 04-05-12, 10:40 PM
BLACKGS209
Driver School Candidate

nice build! cant wait to see a video of it in action!!!!
Old 04-06-12, 12:08 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to see all the haters who doubted post up.. Where are ya'll at?!... Lol
Congrats on such a badass build I would never suspect that car to make 800whp.
Old 04-06-12, 06:35 AM
AMA0627
Rookie

Still waiting on video!! Also empty your PM =]

Quick Reply: I finally dyno'd my car. New world record? Pix and videos inside!