GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

People Revving their crappy engines at me *revised

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 01:12 PM
GS300noob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People Revving their crappy engines at me *revised

so, i've only had my "99 GS for only a few months now, and have noticed that every d*ck head with the slightest modification to their crappy car will either rev their engine at me or when i'm on the freeway they like to speed by and then get in front of me like they want me to notice their crappy *** car. its getting really annoying . just last night i had a retard in a 2door dodge neon with a giant "whale-fin" type spolier get right on my *** , i move over to let him pass, then he just stays side by side me for a few miles ,, what a F***er. that is just one example of hundreds since i've had my GS , i can go on and on , i'm not out their trying to race anyone , i always drive the speed limit and never rev my engine at anyone/ever ,, before i had my GS i had a '98 accord V6 and i didn't encounter anything like this. i know the GS looks kick *** , but i didn't think i would get this much attention. i just want to drive in comfort without a bunch of d-bags trying to cut me off , rev their engines or glare over at me while i'm trying to drive. ,, i'm gett'n really sick of it. anyone else have this problem or deal with something like this ?
Old 03-28-12, 01:56 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

"Should have had a V8"

My Gs400 Scares people like cops following them. No one want to test
Attached Thumbnails People Revving their crappy engines at me *revised-gs4.jpg  
Old 03-28-12, 01:59 PM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Never had this problem. Might just be the area that you are from. In my area all I see is sc300 or es with 22'' or 24'' rims, hella ghetto lol.
Old 03-28-12, 02:07 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Noones trying to test the gs400!!!!!!!! That would be a very very bad idea *apus voice waving finger..
Old 03-28-12, 02:14 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love having my 400 debadged, people try to **** with me and boom im gone
Old 03-28-12, 02:31 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
"Should have had a V8"

My Gs400 Scares people like cops following them. No one want to test
Originally Posted by FlockoGS4
Noones trying to test the gs400!!!!!!!! That would be a very very bad idea *apus voice waving finger..
LOL... I would. I'd be all quietly ghosting by you too.

I don't get that anymore with the 3GS. I did with my lowered, de badged GS300 Sport Design all the time. It was always some clown in a V6 accord or the Mazda 6 douche crew. I loved my GSSD, but always wanted the 2UZ in it.

I did have a kid just recently in a NSX get all pissed, when I repeatedly handed him his *** from stoplight to stoplight.
Old 03-28-12, 03:00 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id go slower..make em irritated. hahaha.
Old 03-28-12, 03:13 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure why they're picking on you. When I had my black GS if anyone tried to mess with me in any way I'd just let the car build enough boost to let the blowoff valve let off a warning. When they hear the blowoff valve they usually just look the other way or give me the "WTF! look. Sorry I didn't know you were boosted" and just slow down LOL. Usually I'm the bully on the streets.
Old 03-28-12, 03:35 PM
GS300noob
Rookie

lol.. all these posts are make'n me feel alot better. i'm in the spokane, Wa area where there is a lot of ghetto rides and wanna-be gangsters driv'n around
Old 03-28-12, 03:57 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Just had this kid in a prelude rev on me... I did the lil crawl brake pump at the next line so he'd speed off at the sign of green... Just like clockwork he does and ran right into the side of a red light runner. I had all intentions on driving normal when our light turned green. No high rpms for my ride just slow n smooth
Old 03-28-12, 05:35 PM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some 275 on my rears of my 300 + i am droped on BCRs. Civics come close to me but then drop back fast.
Old 03-28-12, 07:47 PM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Not sure why they're picking on you. When I had my black GS if anyone tried to mess with me in any way I'd just let the car build enough boost to let the blowoff valve let off a warning. When they hear the blowoff valve they usually just look the other way or give me the "WTF! look. Sorry I didn't know you were boosted" and just slow down LOL. Usually I'm the bully on the streets.
thta must be hella fun. SHOWOFF! hahahha!
Old 03-28-12, 08:03 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You guys realize a new top of the line toyota camry has the same 0-60 and qtr mile as the 2gen GS430.

Just saying technology and progress is a wonderful thing, and there's no need to get in pissing matches when a housewife in her new 2012 camry will blow both you and your other teenage competitor in his 10year old honda away.

This is not a diss in anyway, but if I truly am honest about it, the majority of 2gs are driven by middle-aged women. (Not a bad thing, shows the car appeals to both genders).

Eventually, you will probably stop thinking you are in a race when really there's not really any racing going on. Otherwise, the race-story forum is over that way. But be safe and have fun.
Old 03-28-12, 09:29 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
You guys realize a new top of the line toyota camry has the same 0-60 and qtr mile as the 2gen GS430.

Just saying technology and progress is a wonderful thing, and there's no need to get in pissing matches when a housewife in her new 2012 camry will blow both you and your other teenage competitor in his 10year old honda away.

This is not a diss in anyway, but if I truly am honest about it, the majority of 2gs are driven by middle-aged women. (Not a bad thing, shows the car appeals to both genders).

Eventually, you will probably stop thinking you are in a race when really there's not really any racing going on. Otherwise, the race-story forum is over that way. But be safe and have fun.
Ditto, crappy 4 bangers put out the same as a gs400 nowadays but oh the buttercream smoothness of the engine makes it all worthwhile
Old 03-28-12, 09:49 PM
kdick91
Driver

Originally Posted by sam12345
Ditto, crappy 4 bangers put out the same as a gs400 nowadays but oh the buttercream smoothness of the engine makes it all worthwhile
Smoothness? One word: Noise My gratification is all that counts!

Back to the post, I have a 2000 Trans Am with LS1 and a big-o stall and I am always the bully. Well, only if you have a fart can, wing, or any other accessories that qualify you as a nicer. Or if you just have a down-right nice car and I want to see it pull it on me No shame in losing to anything properly built!

Quick Reply: People Revving their crappy engines at me *revised