GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Should I give up on this projector project?

Old 03-18-12, 12:10 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Look a bit closer, he has an issue of the chrome bubbling/peeling inside the housing, not just clouding lenses.

So he needs to either paint the inner bezels or get new ones.

But yeah like you say the lenses can be salvaged with a little elbow grease.

BTW, I really like the bezel color against the silver on your car. It's a good combo. It would look hot with your fogs and side markers done the same way..

O i see, yeah he will have to paint it or change the chrome bezel. Thanks bro, really appreciate it. After I finish off my air project and wheel project I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by KingNasGS4
Well its not only the inner highbeam section, but most of that head light in general.

What do you guys mean by switching out the lenses? Just the clear part? I have tried to buff it but its still hazy.

I just hate trying that whole putting the lights in the oven thing. I'm not ballin so if I mess up, that's that... no coming back.

There are little parts you can hear shaking and rattling that you know broke and its just stuck there rattling.

I have a pair of old eBay projector halo lights.... maybe I can try to salvage something off it

Btw these are rx300 projectors...
Switching out the lenses meaning find a great pair of headlights and swopping the clear glass and or bezels. The rattling is another story...you have to go in to see what is going on. I didn't have the gusts so i send mine to someone who knew what they were doing. He is in NYC but hard to catch up with though.

http://www.hidillusionz.com/html/tai...aillights.html

Wow those looked like ls430 projectors. I say, save up and get them right. If you don't have the money now, hold on to them until you do. You know how many losses I took with stuff LOL. This car game is a money pit bro, just pace yourself.
Old 03-18-12, 12:43 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

That sucks man... I hate it when people don't give full disclosure - regardless if its a 100$ item or not. You know how i work... Hopefully you can scavenge a set or something.
If you're stuck or looking for a new pair, i have Halogen green tint's lying around in almost perfect shape.
Originally Posted by nar8ta
get them wet sanded at the body shop.... 300 that's a steal LOL what you mean shafted? you shafted him

is the inside of the light damaged any? If not your good!!!
Bubbling chrome bezel...
Originally Posted by Lextasy671
i wouldnt abandon these. like the guys are sayin, just swap out to newer lenses..or use your original lenses instead.
This is the way to go IMO.
Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Oh, at first glance I though they were ls430. I'm not sure what the rx300 are worth but are still decent projectors.

Don't be scared of the oven man, I've done it a bunch of times. No worries. Ovens vary but I do like 220 for 10-12 minutes and test pulling the lens, then usually end up doing another 5min or so. At 220 or so your not gonna melt anything..
RX350's can be had for less-to-100$ on HIDplanet...
Originally Posted by TYPEII
Maybe, take them a part, sand the bezel and bowls down and repaint them a flat gray or something. Polish the lens up and you are good to go...
He said he doesn't want to crack them open.
Old 03-19-12, 04:55 AM
Kzoosho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could fix those. The real question is, how does the rear of that housing look?
Old 03-19-12, 06:24 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need the chrome housing, let me know, I got a pair I can sell to you. PM me.
Old 04-14-12, 01:30 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update, I have had no luck in contacting HIDillusionz here in NYC... No responses to emails, phone calls, or anything. They might be out of business, not to mention the website looks like it was last updated a couple years ago...

Does anyone else know of another member in the NYC area thats willing to do any handyman headlight work?
$$ compensation can be provided...

Thanks guys.
Old 04-14-12, 09:37 PM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want the part out the headlights I'll take the projector parts for the outer bowls the whole setup on both lights..
Old 04-15-12, 08:43 PM
Kzoosho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not local but I can help u out. Hit me up