GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

All Locks stopped Working? 2001 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 07:25 PM
danielaj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry All Locks stopped Working? 2001 GS300

On my 2001 GS300

Okay, so the other day my Driver Side window will not roll up…now this has been an ongoing intermittent issue, but generally I roll it all the way down press down hard on the button and then pull up and it generally will go back up. Well it was not going up, so after driving all the way home 30 miles with my window down, I got home and pulled of the door panel to investigate…this is where something must have went wrong.

I released the cables to the panel that control the door lock and the door handle lever, I unclasped the electrical, (seat memory, Windows Doors Locks, door light) I disconnected pretty much every electrical harness behind the door handle.

I had some MAF Cleaner which I was told was not a harsh chemical so I lightly and very conservatively sprayed a half second spray onto the electrical connectors hoping this would clean them (I know, dumb, I was desperate, and not sure this is my issue, but regretting that move)

I opened up the Multiplex Network Door control. I also opened up the window and door switch.
The previous owner left a window switch in the trunk, I grabbed it and tested it wondering if he had bought it and never installed it, or he kept it because after installing it the issue remained.
It functioned the same as my current switch; it controlled all windows, except the driver side.
Frustrated, I carefully put everything back together as I found it.

Now, my automatic door locks no longer work, I can lock and unlock manually, and by using my key in the door, but neither my remote nor the switch on my door work, I can hear it trying, but doesn’t even move the locks a little. My guess is that I am hearing the relay trying, but somehow a signal must not be getting sent after the relay. I almost want to say it seems like my actuators are bad, it just doesn’t seem likely that while working on my windows all my door actuators malfunction.

Your suggestions are appreciated…I am considering replacing the Multiplex Network Door Control…but don’t want to spend the money if that’s not the issue. I would also appreciate any insight on my window problem as well.
Old 03-19-12, 09:57 AM
danielaj
Driver School Candidate

bump...any ideas...I could really use some help.
Old 03-19-12, 10:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

maybe you blew a fuse you check that yet.
Old 03-19-12, 08:38 PM
nezlyfe
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a timing issue with my window from an accident from the previous owner so if I use the auto function(to go back up only) it will go all the way up and then half way back down and I just live with it not using the auto to go back up. I would say the window isn't on the track properly or something is getting in the way. Try taking the door panel off, but put the window control back on, and trying looking at the window go up and down might tell you something. When you try to lock the doors with the remote do the locks, lock and then automatically unlock themself? I've had that issue and turns out the locking cable came of so when all the doors except that one locked some lexus alarm safety feature unlocks everything trying to get your attention. hope this helps
Old 01-29-15, 10:54 AM
ff54976
Driver School Candidate

i know this is an old thread but does anyone have an answer? All of my door locks are not working from the key or the switch on the door. It makes 2 clicking noises like a relay but nothing happens. Please help!
Old 01-29-15, 11:44 AM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd do a search. Door locks not working is pretty common on GS's. So welcome to owning a GS, ha ha.
Old 01-29-15, 12:19 PM
ff54976
Driver School Candidate

everyone seems to have A door not working not all of them. In that case than its probably a door actuator but for all the doors not work im thinking something different
Old 01-30-15, 10:42 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet its the actuator motors. Considering they all lock/unlock when you hit the button and most the time people hit the unlock button on the FOB twice....

Funny.... I read the OP and bam......alternator going out....I had exact same issue and was only driver side window. I replaced alternator and it returned to normal operation...along with a kazzilion ABS/VSC codes dissapearing.
Old 02-03-15, 07:24 AM
ff54976
Driver School Candidate

Its weird when I hit the unlock button from the door you can hear all the door locks trying to work but nothing happens. I might just buy the driver front door motor and see if that fixes anything. At least 25-50 bucks for a motor is a lot better than 200-250 for the whole actuator.
Old 03-22-15, 01:07 PM
FDengine35
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2000 GS300. Everything was working great until I had a Viper Auto Start installed. Now, 3 out of 4 doors do not auto lock or unlock. I can hear them clicking by locking with the driver's side lock and thats door actually locks. out of the other 3, one door locks but immediately unlocks itself! Within a month later, the driver's window will lower but intermittently close!

The Viper dealer went through the electrical system of their equipment and found nothing that could be the cause of this. Quinky Dink, who knows. But I sure would like to know what's going on and how to fix this issue. And the Lexus dealer is blaming the Viper dealer. So I am stuck in the middle with a broken car!

For the record, I had the same system installed in my LX470 the same day. No problems with that car at all!

Last edited by FDengine35; 03-22-15 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-22-15, 06:36 PM
mkpoto
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FDengine35
I have a 2003 GS300. Everything was working great until I had a Viper Auto Start installed. Now, 3 out of 4 doors do not auto lock or unlock. I can hear them clicking by locking with the driver's side lock and thats door actually locks. out of the other 3, one door locks but immediately unlocks itself! Within a month later, the driver's window will lower but intermittently close!

The Viper dealer went through the electrical system of their equipment and found nothing that could be the cause of this. Quinky Dink, who knows. But I sure would like to know what's going on and how to fix this issue. And the Lexus dealer is blaming the Viper dealer. So I am stuck in the middle with a broken car!

For the record, I had the same system installed in my LX470 the same day. No problems with that car at all!
I am having the same issues, Send me a pm. I have a family friend who has been doing installs for many years. He thinks it might be the install. I am going to take a video and send it to you. If we have the same issues than I will set you up with my friend.
Old 03-23-15, 01:18 PM
ff54976
Driver School Candidate

i noticed that in the morning when its cooler all doors will unlock with the key fob, but once the temp go up they dont resond
Old 06-02-15, 12:06 PM
Adoh2010
Driver School Candidate

The power door locks make a clicking noise but don't lock/unlock. It just happened by itself and all 4 at once. My car is a 2001 Gs300, does anyone know what could cause this?

Last edited by Adoh2010; 06-02-15 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Add year and model
Old 06-02-15, 01:31 PM
FDengine35
Driver School Candidate

Default Not sure it's the actuators!

That's basically what happened to mine. 3 out of 4 quit working around the same time. However, every dealer I spoke with says its the actuators! I am not too sure about that. How does 3 or 4 actuators go out at the same time? 1 of the 3 will lock but then immediately unlock. The others make the clicking sound as you described. Doesn't make sense. But no one really knows for sure! I also spoke with Lexus Region office that is a few blocks from me. And of course, they know nothing!
Old 06-04-15, 10:46 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys, do you check the fuse?? Because for me is the actuator work lock and unlock is probably a fuse. The actuator have 2 diferent fuse system. So, please chech the fuses. Is all the fuse are good is the actiator. But, I still say the is more like a fuse for me.

Last edited by Mcon; 07-23-15 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: All Locks stopped Working? 2001 GS300