GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A few progress pics of round 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 01:27 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The car is coming along very nicely , I saw it when i went to the shop , all high end parts and clean install ! I can't wait to see it on the road
thanks, I think this will be the best set up this car has seen to date......and final one for sure!

What made you decide to tear it up? I can see that you are making it awesome again, just in a different direction.
I'm just curious why you didn't keep the 1UZ twin set up.
I got bored with it to be honest with you.......I was going to part out the car and sell the shell, decided to re build half way through.

At this point there will be very little that is the same on the car after the rebuild. new motor, new engine management, new interior, wheels have been changed up, new body kit, new trunk lid and hood.......the only parts that will remain the same so far are the brakes, suspension, transmission, and stereo set up.
Old 08-10-12, 01:37 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am down for some friendly runs
Old 08-10-12, 01:49 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

absolutely!!
Old 08-10-12, 02:27 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I picked up my HRE parts yesterday from the shop, got them assembled today.......I gotta say, I absolutely love them!!

When i said I was tired of polishing, I meant it. I went from full polished inners, outers, and face to this.......

These are cell pics and kinda blurry, and they really dont do them justice......these things are sexy as hell in real life!!

Matte faces with gloss black inners and outers.....
Old 08-10-12, 02:56 PM
ls400love
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Man those are some sick wheels.
Old 08-10-12, 03:15 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hell yes...
Old 08-10-12, 04:59 PM
PinaQkoNga
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rims are looking ham dude
Old 08-10-12, 06:00 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

daddy likey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-12, 07:00 AM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheels came out nice. If you're keeping the car silver it gonna look mean as hell .
Old 08-11-12, 08:14 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

yeah, its going to stay silver for now, I might change it up next spring. Funds are starting to get stretched with this project a bit. The black wheels with some of the other things I have going on should give the car a whole different look than before.
Old 08-11-12, 12:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

wow great looking wheels....
Old 03-03-13, 02:41 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Ok, so it's been forever since I've updated this thread with anything. The car is actually almost done, a few odds and ends to tie up and the wiring. I told my boy Ben to take his time over the winter months, as long as its done by spring im good.

Anyhow, I had bought a CF hood and trunk for the car awhile back that I was in between actually using or not. I wasnt sure of my vision of the whole set up. While getting some other body pieces painted, I had them do the trunk lid up. Keep in mind the car is silver, and is now going to be rocking the more sinister look. The all black wheels, the CF trunk lid, CF hood, and some other black odds and ends. Im really leaning towards getting the roof wrapped in the 3m CF look vinyl, kinda a tester for painting the roof prior to making a permanent change. Im going to wait until I get the car entirely back together first to see how it looks.

I love how the trunk came out, the spoiler is the Vertex lip spoiler painted gloss black. I used that to tie in the seam where the back half of the trunk was body color matched.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 03-03-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 02:55 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

The next item to figure out is if I want to leave the hood completely CF, or paint the sides of the hood coming up the seam of the hood. IM up in the air about it at the moment.

Here's a few examples to help with some input from CL.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-03-13, 03:27 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
I love how the trunk came out, the spoiler is the Vertex lip spoiler painted gloss black. I used that to tie in the seam where the back half of the trunk was body color matched.
me too. that looks amazing....how is the quality of that CF trunk especially underneath? did you test fit it prior to paint? i was interested in one for awhile....

also IMHO leave the CF hood all CF but after you fit it if you dont like it, paint the sides....
Old 03-03-13, 04:35 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

[quoteme too. that looks amazing][/quote]

Thanks, im pretty excited on how well it came out.

As far as the quality and fitment goes, I have been pleasantly suprised on both. I had real reservations on how well the fitment would be on the VIS products. I originally bought a used vented CF VIS hood locally, and the fitment was real good on that, which is what prompted me to roll the dice on the trunk lid and the new hood. I sold the vented one and went with a non vented CF one. I did test fit the trunk lid prior to painting, I wont say its perfect like an OEM lid, but I will say its damn close. Im pretty **** about stuff, and the fitment is up to par with me. The quality of the CF itself is great. It comes gel coated, I had it claered when painted.

I am leaning towards leaving the whole hood CF as you suggested, and I will most definitely start out that way and see how it all ties together. When I had the vented one on the car it was all CF, and at times it bothered me. But it was also the only CF piece on the car at the time.

Quick Reply: A few progress pics of round 2